Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-13-2013, 12:15 AM
Elite Fan

Oh I haven't met Merritt yet, I've been waiting for his first intro. I think I'm going to read some more tonight before I go to bed.
Ria
Old 02-15-2013, 06:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really hope you'll manage to do so. Will read some more tonight as well It's getting really interesting now... So you just have to get through the Isidore/Magda part first
Old 02-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

I'm up to chapter 33 now, Magda is still with Isidore. But I'll have time to read more this long weekend.
Ria
Old 02-17-2013, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm beyond happy to hear that, Ria! These were my thoughts up to chapter 33... I thought I could bring it over

Quote:
Isidore started to tell her story and still is telling it... We finally get to know what the emperor of the past is called but I forgot his name because it's so difficult. Besides, he's got a right hand as well which is called Kuno... He's leading the army of the people of the Old World and I guess you can compare him with Jagang somehow... We didn't hear much about the emperor himself though. I can't tell how bad he is.

Besides, the story of Isidore is sooo damn long Didn't expect that. But I feel for this young woman... She lost kind of everything and in the end found out that all her people that had been killed are not in the spirit world... The question is: What did they do with the corpses of the dead or better with their spirits... I'm really afraid of the answer.
Besides, the storyline gets really good now! Interesting stuff we get to know. So I tell you, keep reading

ETA - I now remember the name of the emperor... Sulachan it is
Old 02-17-2013, 07:40 PM
Elite Fan

You're so right about her story, it just keeps going and going, it's interesting but I'm kind of wondering when it's going to end.

The whole bodies missing was weird enough, but now that they aren't in the spirit world, what is that! I don't even know what that could mean, I did read up to 34 last night, before I literally passed out in my bed.
Ria
Old 02-18-2013, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, you'll be surprised how it ends, not when

The missing bodies still leave me kind of without any ideas. I can't even connect it with some weapon that was used in the Great War. I'm sure we haven't heard about what happened to the dead in the books before...
Old 02-18-2013, 10:56 PM
Elite Fan

Really? I guess I'll have to keep reading, hopefully some more tonight then, and let's hope I can read more then a chapter before I fall asleep.

No I can't ever remember having a mention of something that would stop people from going to the underworld. Or any use the bodies would have.
Ria
Old 02-19-2013, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wouldn't be different for me. Just a chapter before I fell asleep yesterday, too... And today I wanted to read some more but so many other stuff to do that I didn't manage to.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:33 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't actually read any more. I ended up getting a hold of this book that I've been waiting on early, and I just couldn't not read it. But hopefully soon, which chapter are you on Kris?
Ria
Old 02-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm the same I didn't have the time to read this week and it might not be any better the weekend... We'll see. I'm just so curious of how it's going to continue. It's annoying. Could need a week off.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:46 PM
Elite Fan

I like that TG writes longs books because getting more story is always great, but sometimes I'm just like, why do you have to be so long? It just takes so long to get through, I mean I'm 300 pages into the book and not even half way finished, I mean I'd be done with some books. It can get overwhelming.
Ria
Old 02-23-2013, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

You don't like that? Really? I love that about him because I really fell in love with the whole SOT world and the more I get the happier I am. Really. I'm so excited! It's just so sad that real life seems to get busier each week... So there is not enough time to read.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:26 AM
Elite Fan

I like it, but at the same time I don't. Like I love that we get more of the story, but I hate the fact that being so long, they take so long to get through. I mean I read a lot of books, I have a lot of books I want to read, so the longer I spend reading a book, the longer or less time I have to read another book.

Besides I tried to get my friend to read the books, he read the first one, but then he said he was put off on how long they were, so he'll probably never finish them.
Ria
Old 02-27-2013, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I get what you mean. Still, somehow the SoT world is something so different to me than any other book series I read before. I can't help it but it somehow never gets boring. I even read the Jennsen book and I thought it really interesting although it for sure wasn't as good as others.

I really hope you'll be successful in convincing your friend! The books get shorter, right? So he can do it!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:39 PM
Elite Fan

They get longer! At least Stone of Tears is longer than WFR, so I doubt he'll ever read them, sadly.

I'm glad you feel that way about the books though. I used to get bored during the non-trio or main characters pages, and as you know I could never get through PoC. I was more interested in the characters over the plot, tbh.

And that's why it's taking me longer to read TFC, I like the book, and it is interesting, but I'm not feeling that obsessive pull that I feel towards certain books, though that usually happens when I find myself shipping a couple.
Ria