Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-27-2013, 03:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, if Tilly left that means she'll soon meet the person she was looking for. I'm really curious about what you might think...

I got the chance to read some more and now it's really getting interesting. We got to know some stuff about Merritt and I guess Magda won't be a fan of his at the beginning... At least if what I assume really happened.

Spoiler:
Old 01-27-2013, 04:50 PM
Elite Fan

I believe I read through chapter 25, Magda is trying to convince the person who can't see that she should be allowed to see the spirit lady, but she isn't agreed yet. She keeps telling her to go away and she doesn't deal with mortals or something.
Ria
Old 01-28-2013, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh yeah, right... Soon it will get interesting, you'll see. This part I thought was kind of way too long and you'll be happy when finally something happens or when you find out new stuff.

But so far, this blind woman is really nice, isn't she? Although she denies Magda to talk to the spiritist.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:49 AM
Elite Fan

Read some more and now I know that the blind girl the the spiritess are one and the same. You know I was kind of wondering if that was the case.

She's just telling her story of how she came to be. And so far she talked about her village, how sad that she came back to find it overtaken. Still haven't found out how she became blind and got the sight yet...but I will try and read some more tonight.
Ria
Old 01-29-2013, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Haha, same here... I really was wondering if there was another woman really. But yeah, our feeling should be right, and it's her, Isidore herself.
Although I think the name strange...

Oh, you can read tons more because I still don't know why she is blind. She is still telling her story to Magda. Should check out which chapter I am at right now.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:32 PM
Elite Fan

Oh I guess we don't figure that out, I thought she was going to tell what happened to her, and that it had something to do with being blinded. I guess the chapters are pretty short though.

Did you figure out where you're up to, cause I think I'm at 26.
Ria
Old 01-31-2013, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just checked on it and I'm in the middle of chapter 34 The weekend I'll finally have some time to read again and one more week and I'll be back in the hospital which means tons of time!

I'm sure she'll tell Magda how she got blinded I just have to read a bit further... Not getting an explanation isn't an option although I already have the feeling I won't like the reason.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Elite Fan

Oh very nice, lots of time to read then.

I just got two books from the library that I was on a waiting list for, so it might be a little bit before I can read it again, have to read those first since they have a deadline.
Ria
Old 02-03-2013, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, I get that, Ria. I nevertheless will continue and bring all the stuff over here in spoiler tags Otherwise I might forget about it.

Today is a perfect day to read for me...

And I thought I could bring over my chapter 26 thoughts since you've reached it as well!
Quote:
It's really interesting now... Magda found the spiritist, Isidore. Magda wants to contact Baraccus' spirit in the spirit world to find out why he did kill himself. I'm curious if it will be so easy for her to do so...

Besides, this woman, Isidore, is kind of a victim of the wizards as well. I feel so sorry for her. She got her eyes cut out but a bit on her behalf as well... Looks like she wanted it, too. But we don't know why yet.
Okay, I've just finished chapter 36...
Spoiler:

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 02-03-2013 at 08:25 AM
Old 02-05-2013, 12:09 AM
Elite Fan

Oh yes, I figured that Magda didn't believe about his committing suicide without a reason, I wonder how that will go.
Ria
Old 02-05-2013, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Me, too... I not even have an idea about the reason for the suicide... If it really was a suicide. Normally I think of a lot of stuff at that point of a book but with Barraccus I kind of lack with any explanation.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah I'm still not convinced that it was suicide either.

I did read another chapter, I'm up to 28 now. It's been mostly just Isidore telling her story, which is really sad, and now all the bodies have disappeared from her town. Very strange.
Ria
Old 02-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm glad I'm not on my own on the suicide topic... It would be too easy and he's like Richard. I don't see him kill himself.

It's really strange about the bodies, right? I'm still trying to figure out what they might have done with them. Maybe use them as magical weapons as well but did we hear about something that worked with dead bodies?
Old 02-12-2013, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

I can't think of anything that would be used for dead bodies, I just don't know. It's all really weird. I'm sure we'll figure it out, eventually. At least I hope so.
Ria
Old 02-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have an idea already... Read some stuff yesterday.

Besides, Madga and Merritt met the firt time