Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-09-2014, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

The life line really is awesome. The idea is great I really would be bothered by it being on my arm though because you see it every time you look at your arm. And everybody else does as well.

Aww, thanks for clarifying on your friends Sad that Alex isn't on the picture. But maybe the next time
And Andrew is Torrie's boyfriend? Sorry for asking that many questions

Ah, okay, another circle of friends
Old 02-09-2014, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

As tatoos go, that one is awesome, Ria!

I've never had one but that's because I'm a coward. Not about the pain, but afraid I'd change my mind and it would be too late.

Looks like a very fun evening at the bowling alley!

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 02-10-2014, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Sherry, for me it's the same about tattoos. I'm sure I wouldn't like the tattoo anymore after a few years and I don't want that. But it's good when you know yourself really good so you can make the decision. I at least love them on others
Old 02-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Same. I find tatoos very interesting and often curious why someone chose a particular one, and some are very beautiful; but I just don't feel it's a thing for me personally.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:22 PM
Elite Fan

Andrew is Amanda's boyfriend.

Yeah I got my first tattoo 7 years ago and I love them all. I don't have any tattoos on my arms or upper body that I can see all the time so it is different and I catch myself going like what is that or I'll just stare at it. But I really love it. I get that they aren't for everyone. I wouldn't be one to ever get a sleeve or a whole bunch of them together, that's not my style, but I do love them. I never though I'd be a tattoo person. Actually most people are surprised to learn I have 5 of them.
Ria
Old 02-11-2014, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Ah, Amanda's boyfriend then

Ria, I have to say I'm still surprised that you have five tattoos, too I wouldn't have expected that but I now know you and am used to it.
And seven years and not regretting it... That's pretty good. I'm sure, seven years I wouldn't manage to survive with one and the same tattoo.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:55 PM
Elite Fan

I know, I kind of like that, surprising people when they find out I have 5 tattoos.

Yeah, I just like them, I like getting them and how they look. They do say it's best to get one that you can't see all the time if you're not as sure, so at least you could pretend it's not there I guess.
Ria
Old 02-13-2014, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Can be something pretty cool at some point

Like I said before, I love that you love them that much and I like yours a lot, too So, everybody has to decide for themselves if he/she wants it or not.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:05 PM
Elite Fan

Ok here are some pics from the snow we got last night.

Its kind of blurry but it's the view last night when I was leaving work from the door. It's the path straight ahead to the parking lot and you can see the snow pile from previous snow on the side of the walkway.

Here is the snow bank next to the path from today. It was taller then me!

This is the window in the breakroom, that's how high the snow is we can't see out that window at all.
Ria
Old 02-22-2014, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

OMG! WTH!? That's somehow unbelievable... Did you ever have that much snow at once, Ria?

I can't even imagine how everything would still be ongoing here when we had such amounts of snow.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

When I was a teen, I helped my aunt at her MN resort a couple of summers.
My girlfriend there showed me a picture of herself as a child. She was standing on top of a telephone pole that was just a few inches above the snowline!

I remember winters in Nebr. where the snow would be drifted up and cover our downstairs windows.

Kris, MN was largely settled in the 1800's by Scandinavians and also many Germans.
They were accustomed to living with deep snow. Winters have warmed a lot.
I think the Northern Midwest US is getting an old-fashioned winter this year.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

What?! That's unbelievable, Sherry, but yes, it happens... My mom told me that we had once that much snow that she was walking through it (there were passes) and she wasn't able to look above the snow.

Oh yes, and for us it's a strange 'no-winter' weather. It's not that I don't like it...
Old 02-22-2014, 01:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)
When I was a teen, I helped my aunt at her MN resort a couple of summers.
Oh that's awesome. We have a cabin in Northern Minnesota so I'm familiar with the the resorts up there, do you know where her resort is? Like by which city or lake?

Quote:
I can't even imagine how everything would still be ongoing here when we had such amounts of snow.
Quote:
Kris, MN was largely settled in the 1800's by Scandinavians and also many Germans.
They were accustomed to living with deep snow. Winters have warmed a lot.
I think the Northern Midwest US is getting an old-fashioned winter this year.
I mean we haven't gotten this much snow at one time to pile up in years, but that's not to say it doesn't happen. I can remember when I was younger getting snow that covered up our backyard and if you walked in it you'd be past your waist in snow. So while it's not been the common the last few years, it's not that uncommon either.

I took some pics of my front yard and street, I'll have to share them so you can see all the snow in my yard right now!
Ria
Old 02-22-2014, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle-weasel! (View Post)
Oh that's awesome. We have a cabin in Northern Minnesota so I'm familiar with the the resorts up there, do you know where her resort is? Like by which city or lake?
It's the Shady Grove Resort on Rush Lake, just south of Perham on Hwy 10. My aunt and her husband are long dead. He built most of the cabins and the store/restaurant himself.

He was quite the character, German and a master carpenter. He could build anything; but he had a little habit my aunt hated.
Drink. He kept bottles of whiskey in the freezers at the fish house, in the boat houses, and the laundry facility. Probably stashed in some cabins, too.

I've often thought I'd love to go back there and see if it's changed very much.

Actually, creating the spoiler thread for the new series Fargo made me think about those days a lot. Here's the map Marilyn made for me to put in the OP:

Rush Lake is between Perham and Fergus Falls near the bottom of the map, south of Bemidji.

Quote:
I mean we haven't gotten this much snow at one time to pile up in years, but that's not to say it doesn't happen. I can remember when I was younger getting snow that covered up our backyard and if you walked in it you'd be past your waist in snow. So while it's not been the common the last few years, it's not that uncommon either.

I took some pics of my front yard and street, I'll have to share them so you can see all the snow in my yard right now!
I want to see those pictures, Ria!
The town I grew up in, in eastern NE, didn't have school buses. Many's the winter morning I walked the 1+ miles to school in snow to my waist, trying to keep in the footprints of the earlybirds.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Aww, cool that it's even in the picture that Marilyn made for you, Sherry. Now I even have an idea where it is

And Ria, I can't wait for the pictures! I love snow pictures especially since we don't have any.