Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-14-2011, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

I know, all those yummy marshmallows to waste
Ria
Old 08-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just giving this a bump so when Ria wants to post baby bday pics, she can.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh yeah, I can't wait for the baby pics to be posted! And I'll join the pic posting tonight. I have to sort the pics out first. But can't wait to share all the stuff with you.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:31 AM
Elite Fan

Here's me

Him and his sister

Pool time!

He didn't know quite what to do with it...and he put his finger in the candle, luckily his finger was covered with a huge wad of frosting at the time.

And Kris I can't wait for your pictures
Ria
Old 08-23-2011, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ria, those pics are just lovely! Especially him eating his birthday cake Look at him... He's a candy himself afterwards

And he has a big sister? She looks so cute as well. See, Ria, babies suit you

Like I promised, finally some pics of my vacation.

Lets start with one of the pics from Disneyland! I went in there an bought those Mini Mouse ears...

That's me in front of the Eiffel tower

Me in front of the obelisk that Dan Brown wrote about in the Da Vinci Code at the place in front of the Louvre

On top of the Arc de Triomphe
Old 08-24-2011, 08:49 AM
Elite Fan

Love the pics Kris! Thanks for posting them.

Did you have a favorite ride at Disney?
Did you go up the Eiffel tower?
Tell us all about your trip
Ria
Old 08-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG! Baby cake pics!
Seriously, he had like zero interest in that candle and just went to town. And for not knowing what to do, looks like little guy went for gold there. So cute.

And Paris is nice too. I love the Eiffel Tower pic, Kris. Is it weird to anyone else that the Eiffel Tower never looks real to me in pictures? Like I'd have to see it in person for it to look real or something.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ria, my favourite ride definitely was the Pirates of the Caribbean one It was so stunning, some kind of wild water ride underground

And yeah, we've been on the top of the Eiffel tower... The view was amazing but the time, you spend waiting to get up there wasn't funny at all. Never again, definitely!
Beth, believe me, it won't be enough to see it in real to believe it is real because even when you see it you think it can't be true! Here the view from the top of the Eiffel tower

Okay, something else you have to see... A public toilet at the Champs-Elysees! It's been the most expensive public toilet I've ever used but it was worth it

Old 08-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Is it weird to anyone else that the Eiffel Tower never looks real to me in pictures?
I agree, actually I find that most famous places don't look real in pictures.

Pirates! That's my favorite ride too Here is a pic of me in front of it. (and that smile is 100% genuine, I was so excited)

Quote:
And yeah, we've been on the top of the Eiffel tower... The view was amazing but the time, you spend waiting to get up there wasn't funny at all. Never again, definitely!
Oh you had to wait a long time? Ours wasn't too bad...we went at night time and originally the very top was closed but while we were waiting in line they opened it up, we got really excited. But it wasn't bad. Did you take the elevator? Next time I go, I'm going to go during the day, and walk to the first floor (though now I'm sure I would be out of shape and not used to walking like I did when I was over there )

Dang that is one crazy bathroom! My favorite bathroom in Paris was the one outside the Eiffel tower, because it was free I'll never get used to having to pay to use the bathroom at places.
Ria
Old 08-26-2011, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's so cool! You've got a pic in front of the Pirates ride as well Is it in Paris as well because it looks a bit different?

We went at daytime and yeah, we took the elevator because it was so hot that you would have died taking the stairs We had to wait more than an hour to get to the elevator on the second level, another hour to the elevator to the third lever and maybe almost an hour to get down to the second level again... The rest we walked down.

So, it's not typical for the states to pay for restrooms? For public ones I mean?
Old 08-26-2011, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

Yep that one is in Paris. Here I am in front of the one at Disney World.

Quote:
So, it's not typical for the states to pay for restrooms? For public ones I mean?
Nope. I have never paid to use a bathroom in the US and as far as I know they don't have any that you do.
Ria
Old 08-27-2011, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Nope. I have never paid to use a bathroom in the US and as far as I know they don't have any that you do.
Me either. The only thing that comes even remotely close is that some establishments, like restaurant, won't let you use their restroom unless you are a paying customer. But, technically, I don't consider that a "public" restroom. The idea of having to pay to use a public restroom here makes me more than uneasy, seeing as most public restrooms are disgusting.

So many great pics. The aerial shot of Paris is gorgeous, Kris.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, thanks for the one from Disneyworld I guess you took this one as well, right? Is it similar to the one in Paris?

Wow, that's really cool although the restrooms are disgusting. Those which you have to pay here (that's a lot) are taken care by some kind of cleaning service the whole day and every time someone leaves the toilet it's cleaned. It's not that ugly anymore then.

Beth, I've more of those aerial shots of Paris and will bring those over here the next days as well.

And some more pics... Here you can see the Louvre and the glass pyramid Such a stunning building.

One of the most amazing rooms in the palace of Versailles It's a 73 meter long room that has so damn big windows and opposite of each window there is a mirror as big as the window.

Finally me on the stairs down the Arc de Triomphe
Old 08-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Aww, thanks for the one from Disneyworld I guess you took this one as well, right? Is it similar to the one in Paris?
They have the same concept, but are a little different. If I remember correctly the Disney World one doesn't have the waterfalls that you speed down and I don't remember getting shot at as much in that one either. I think all the versions are a little different, which is cool so you add some surprised to it.

Did you go in both parks at Disneyland Paris, like the Studios Park as well?

Quote:
Wow, that's really cool although the restrooms are disgusting. Those which you have to pay here (that's a lot) are taken care by some kind of cleaning service the whole day and every time someone leaves the toilet it's cleaned. It's not that ugly anymore then.
They aren't all disgusting, some of them aren't the nicest. But that's not to say all the pay restrooms in Europe weren't always the nicest. Though I only paid 2, or maybe 3, times and my friend paid to use the bathroom in Greece and said it was basically a whole in the ground.

Oh I love looking at your pics Kris! And the Hall of Mirrors. Wasn't it just gorgeous? Did you also explore the grounds at Versailles? That was my favorite part actually.
Ria
Old 08-30-2011, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

See, those pictures make me want to go to Paris. And I've never really had any inclination to do so.