Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Confessor [11th book discussion]: Kahlan didn't need a sterile field, she had fallen in love with him all over again.

Descending into darkness, about to be overwhelmed by evil, those people still free are powerless to stop the coming dawn of a savage new world, while Richard faces the guilt of knowing that he must let it happen. Alone, he must bear the weight of a sin he dare not confess to the one person he loves…and has lost.
Join Richard and Kahlan in the concluding novel of one of the most remarkable and memorable journeys ever written. It started with one rule, and will end with the rule of all rules, the rule unwritten, the rule unspoken since the dawn of history.
When next the sun rises, the world will be forever changed.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:50 AM
Absolute Fan

That title just KILLED ME!

It was so amazing how Kahlan already loved him again

EPIC LOVE.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know! I loved the part where he had stayed up all night watching over her, and carved a mini statue of Spirit she wanted to know all about their history together but he couldn't tell her because of the sterile field and it just broke her heart because she assumed something else
Old 05-19-2010, 09:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

I loved this book - probably my third favourite (after WFR and TotW). I love how Richard's one motivation for playing Ja'La was to rescue her and then how happy he was when he finally accomplished it. It had so many gut wrenching moments though - when I first opened the book, I thought the reunion would happen quickly but instead we got fleeting (but amazing moments) throughout. I was so glad Kahlan was okay in the end though.

My only wish for this book would have been for Richard and Kahlan to have spent more time together before she recovered her memory. The few parts we did get where Richard couldn't tell her that he loved her because of her being a sterile field were heartwrenching but in a good way - I just wanted more of those moments.

Still, it was an amazing book!
Sonia Icon
Old 05-19-2010, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree, I wanted them to spend more time together before her memory came back. I must admit, though, that I absolutely loved the campfire part after she was getting ready to fight him. Oh man, when Kahlan touched the handle to the SoT and regained her memories.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the title moment . It was probably one of my favorites scenes in the whole book.

I'm just happy that Jagang was finally killed, that plotline went on for way to long.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Terry didnt want to come up with another villain for the books and ended it with Jagang. I have to admit tho... Jagang was written really well if he pissed me off as much as he did throughout his storyline
Old 05-26-2010, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I understand his reasons for it but jeez he was 8 of the books. I don't think any villain in any book series has ever lasted that long.

I wonder how the villain will be in the new books because we know that it can't just be three books of Richard & Kahlan living in their "happy ever after".
Old 05-30-2010, 03:58 PM
Elite Fan

Ok I'm avoiding reading anything in this thread because I haven' finished the book yet, BUT I had to post and talk about how much I hate, hate the Prelate. I just read the part where she was basically telling Nicci to get Richard in bed and get him to fall in love with her, because at the moment Kahlan doesn't exist or whatever. Ugg...I wanted to slap her sfm. You have no idea...my hatred has surpassed my hatred of the stupid goat right now.

LEAVE RICHARD AND KAHLAN ALONE BITCH, HE'S MARRIED AND IN LOVE WITH HER, STOP TRYING TO PUSH NICCI TO GO AFTER HIM but it did make me fall in love with Nicci all the more.
Ria
Old 05-31-2010, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ria those were my thoughts exactly. That's why the goats didn't bother me so much after I finished the series
Old 05-31-2010, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

But it's kind of funny because right after I came and posted this on here, I went back to reading and well she died And then I felt a little bad.

Oh and the goat was mentioned in this book...but luckily Jennsen left it in it's pen so I didn't have to see it...or maybe that's a bad thing because then they might have killed it...I mean...wat?
Ria
Old 05-31-2010, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll hold off on talking about the goat until you're done. I was on the ropes with the Prelate being killed off, I was happy because I TOTALLY hated her throughout the whole series. She basically just used people to make the prophecies into what she thought was right. There was also the whole "pushing Nicci to get with Richard" which I HATED. When she died... she did help Nicci so she kind of redeemed herself, just not fully.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:51 PM
Elite Fan

I think the Prelate might actually be my least favorite character in the books...well I mean aside from the obviously evil people like Jagang or something like that.

She is just such a little hypocritical bitch and did whatever she felt like. But I never hated her more than when she was pushing Nicci on Richard. I honest was yelling at the book, going into like little fits of rage, I'm sure people would thought I was having an attack or something. But I couldn't help it, I had to stop reading just to come on here and complain

I felt a little bad just because she had finally found love with Nathan and I'm a sucker for any kind of romance, but it wasn't really enough to redeem all the other crap she pulled.

One of my favorite moments was when Kahlan totally pwn'd her in..FotF? Possibly that one?
Ria
Old 06-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Elite Fan

I know I'm double posting but I just had to come in here because I FINISHED THE BOOK! Gah, it was so much better than Chainfire and Phantom...I could not put it down after the final Ja'La game, I stayed up until 3 am reading it before I finally went to bed.

I loved the time R/K spent together when she still didn't remember who she was...it was so heartbreaking when they were talking and he couldn't tell her that he loved her and she thought that they had just married out of convenience and we was in love with Nicci

I'm sure I'll have more to say but I just had to celebrate the fact that I finally finished the series.
Ria
Old 06-03-2010, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Congrats!

I thought my post had gone through earlier then when I saw the double post...

I don't remember what I had posted but ...

Yep, the Prelate pushing Nicci on Richard like that totally pissed me off. It was bad enough she was working the prophecies for her own twisted way but she had to bring Kahlan and Richard's love into it. As for her and Nathan, I thought that they would've ended up together I'm glad Richard never gave up on Kahlan even after everyone started losing their memories of her.

How intense was that final Ja'La game? I loved how during each game Richard would find Kahlan wherever she may have been and their eyes would lock

Quote:
I loved the time R/K spent together when she still didn't remember who she was...it was so heartbreaking when they were talking and he couldn't tell her that he loved her and she thought that they had just married out of convenience and we was in love with Nicci
The way he couldn't tell her anything but he put all his love into the miniature replica of Spirit and gave it to her. I'm glad that she remembered her Confessor powers just before... Sam... did I wanted to kill him.