Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-26-2011, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There's was definitely a bond that transcends what is normal for female relationships on television presently. And, again, I think part of that is that both come from societies where they are completely surrounded by women, yet they never seemed to find one in those groups who understood each of them the way the other did (the exception being Denee, but she was Kahlan's sister, thus it's a different kind of relationship all together).
Old 11-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hello everybody. I just notice my name is not at this shippers list! Can't believe that! I miss them so much (and LOTS and all of them)

Well, here's something I found and just can't stop watching. You probably already know... anyway

Kiss me, take me [LotS] Cara/Kahlan - saltybread
Kiss me, take me [LotS] Cara/Kahlan - YouTube

Cristiane Franz | facebooktwittertumblr
Old 11-30-2011, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Added you to the list. And thanks for sharing the video. I want to say I've seen it before because it may have been posted on the video thread (the title looks familiar). But I could be wrong. Either way, it's always good to see people posting stuff here.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, I have to admit that I'm impressed by the video The editing and especially the manipulations It's amazing! And I'm almost sure I didn't see the video before because I would be as impressed as I'm right now and that's something I would have remembered.

Thanks for bringing it over here

Quote:
There's was definitely a bond that transcends what is normal for female relationships on television presently. And, again, I think part of that is that both come from societies where they are completely surrounded by women, yet they never seemed to find one in those groups who understood each of them the way the other did (the exception being Denee, but she was Kahlan's sister, thus it's a different kind of relationship all together).
Beth, you definitely have a point with what you posted. I not even considered the fact that they most of the time only were surrounded by women their whole life. It's kind of logical that they would interact in a more familiar tune.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Beth, you definitely have a point with what you posted. I not even considered the fact that they most of the time only were surrounded by women their whole life. It's kind of logical that they would interact in a more familiar tune.

Also, I think the fact that they never really actively compete for Richard's affection or attention is a part of it too. So many female friendships on TV have a male component. Usually, that male is between the two. That's not the case though. In the beginning, Richard is the only thing they have in common. And they built on that. Instead of having petty squabbles about him, they created a friendship of things.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't ship them in a romantic sense but I some of their shippers put in so much effort into their work and it comes across. Like these tumblr manip are not only incredibly well made but also quite beautiful.

(x)
Old 01-05-2012, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

wow each time i wonder how brillant some art makers are. the pics look damn real, especially the fourth picture
Old 01-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that the Cara/Kahlan art/gifs/etc. are probably some of the best and not only in the Seeker fandom. I don't actually think I've seen better manips anywhere else.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If I have never seem the show before I'd think those scenes were real. That's how good they are .
Old 03-22-2012, 07:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

Temple of the Winds, Chapter 12:
Kahlan pulled Cara’s shoulders and head into her lap and held her tight

I think the scene above from Bound is a reference to this quote from the book. In TotW Cara was almost killed by Jagang and Kahlan was holding her while she was hoping Nadine or Drefan could heal her. Here the roles were reversed and Kahlan was on the verge of death, with Cara comforting her, waiting for Zedd and Richard to help the MC, but it’s way too similar to be a coincidence. I’m reading the book now and I don’t remember anyone else pointing this out before. Picture source.

---------------------

I love it when Cara steps in the way of danger like this to protect Kahlan. First there was the push in Light, then stopping the Dacra in Perdition, then these two from Vengeance and Tears. How freakin' epic is she? And it's not just the bravery and commitment, but also her reflexes and awareness that is impressive. I'm not sure Kahlan noticed it in Perdition but I'm glad they made the effort in Vengeance to show that she certainly did, in slow motion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn Our History (View Post)
Don't forget about Dahlia. But you're right, a small part of why they became close friends was because of their past in those groups, but that alone wouldn't have been enough.

Also, I read the previous threads and noticed that some of you wish they had more shippy scenes. I think we would've seen a lot of that in season 3. Such a shame we most likely will never see more of their relationship.

To end on a positive note, here's a cute C/K artwork.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

The LotS fandom on tumblr at its best:

Quote:
Cara: *I think I would remember doing that. I WOULD REMEMBER THAT*
Kahlan: *Dammit, he found my journal*
Quote:
Cara: *FINISH THE SENTENCE RICHARD… where did I trace my Agiel? WHERE?! Tell me NOOOOOOOOOOOOW* …
Kahlan: *He doesn’t know my handwriting, right?*
Old 04-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh Tumblr.

It seems like an accurate representation of the Seeker fandom in general, though, because I always got the impression that people really loved these two as a pairing. I could be wrong thought.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

:')

Old 05-19-2012, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That was one of the most heartfelt scenes in the entire show. It was great to see how much Cara had developed having only spend a couple of months with the gang.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed. I think it's one of those moments where we see all of those 'Mord-Sith' defenses coming down for Cara and that humanity that she's really always had, but her brain has suppressed for the sake of survival, coming through. And I think it was a big moment for Kahlan too. She's been hampered by all these feelings of mistrust and hatred and maybe even a little jealousy towards Cara.

Just goes to show that insurmountable situations and facing death tends to bring people together. Even the oddest couples.