Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-29-2014, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

OMFG! Really??? How cool is that?! Are there any skype chats written down somewhere? Like we had them with B?

Look, doesn't she look awesome?!
Old 07-30-2014, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

beautiful!

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 07-30-2014, 07:35 PM
Elite Fan

No, I didn't see any transcripts sadly. But she looks gorgeous there! And you can see her tattoo.
Ria
Old 07-31-2014, 04:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, the tattoo was the first thing I noticed as well Pretty cool!

So no transcripts... Any idea how many skype chats she had?
Old 07-31-2014, 01:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

This might be a massive generalisation but just speaking from personal experience...

...Australian and New Zealand actors and actresses tend to be so super nice people and fantastic to their fans! I can't believe Tabrett did Skype chats with fans though. That is beyond awesome!
Old 08-01-2014, 12:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

I might be but I haven't experienced something different so far, Marissa

Yes, it was a Kickstarter project for her latest movie. I guess you're familiar with Kickstarter? If not, it's fine as well. Then I'll explain it to you later. But a number of backer, that donated a special amount on the project were rewarded with a skype chat.

A little bit OT, but I once had a skype chat with Bridget
Old 08-01-2014, 04:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah I only say that because I have met quite a few actors and actresses from the Southern Hemisphere over the past year or so and they have all be wondrously kind: Craig Parker of course, Jed Brophy, Karl Urban, Mark Hadlow, William Kircher, John Callen... I have had the best fan encounters with all of them.

I am aware of Kickstarter and crowd-funding. I think it's a great way to raise money for things, using the passion of fans. I took part in one for 'The Minister of Chance.' If you haven't heard of that, it's basically an award-winning audio drama that they are hoping to turn into a feature film. Jed Brophy provided voice talent for it. I enlisted the aid of the student union at uni and we put on a live band night with all proceeds going to the project. We didn't raise much but it was a small contribution nonetheless. But yes...going a little OT myself there...

I cannot imagine having a Skype chat with one of the cast. I think I would be panicking too much - do I look OK? What do I say? Is there anything embarrassing in my background? Still, I think it's so cool that Tabrett did that. What an amazing incentive.

Oh that is amazing Kris. Maybe over on the Bridget board, you could tell me all about it if you don't mind!
Old 08-01-2014, 09:10 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't seen anything else yet from it Kris, I only saw that one picture from the Skype, so I have no idea how many she did. But I love that she was willing to do that for her fans, the cast has always been really opening to being their for their fans, at least I always got that impression.
Ria
Old 08-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

But that's such a great trait to practice. The fans are generally what make these things tick over after all. In my convention travels, I have come across a few actors who aren't so gracious to their fans and I have heard a ton of horror stories. It just makes me think, why be so selfish and inconsiderate when these people have supported your show and your work? I'm so glad that's not the case for any of the LoTS cast!
Old 08-03-2014, 05:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

No worries that you got carried away a little bit, Marissa It's okay.

So no information on anything regarding those skype chats... I don't even recall those were available for people donating on her project.

And where do you have the picture from, Ria? No information by the source of it?

As far as we know, Marissa, the LotS cast is really awesome. None of them ever behaved inappropriate towards a fan. They are super nice and would do a lot for their fans.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

I hope I get to meet more of the cast in the future. The fans speak so highly of them. I really need to start attending RingCon. Germany is a place I have wanted to visit for so long anyways so two birds and one stone!

Does Tabrett ever do conventions or fan meet and greets?
Old 08-04-2014, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

RingCon is a nice thing to attend in order to meet more of the cast (or just Craig P. again ). You definitely should come one year.

I haven't heard about Tab attending any con or fan event since LotS was canceled. Sadly. She's a really private person and I guess she isn't the con kind of one.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

I found it on twitter, I think Tab may have re-tweeted the photo that someone posted, but I'd have to go look because I lost the source.
Ria
Old 08-05-2014, 04:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

What is the atmosphere like at RingCon? Is it super busy all the time? I've been to such a wide range of UK cons and some have been fabulous while others have been...not so fabulous. I watch so many videos from RingCon each year wishing I could go. When LOTR was still at its height, I was still young - which sucked because I would love to see Craig Parker and Mark Ferguson on stage together. They are so funny!

Haha you already know me so well Kris I will definitely aim on attending. Maybe 2015 when I'll be working already.

Ah well that's cool. Some people do prefer to avoid cons and that's totally understandable. It's all down to personal preference.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

talking about a con…has Tab ever been to a con yet?