Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

The movie was alright not the best movie ive seen but enjoyed the action and him and lily had great chemistry and the train scene was hot

yeah it did look like Dermont

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 09-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

The critics are being soo hard on our boy.
Why do I bother reading their reviews?
Old 09-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know why you do, I never do, if I did, I would never see any movie.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Master Fan

I usually dont. I was looking for some Taylor news and thats what came up.
I feel like the only reason they're being soo nasty to him is because he is in the twilight movies. I mean come on, give him a break. This is his first solo movie.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

It is and they have to stop focusing on him being in the Twilight movies. This is a good movie at least imo.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyrocks (View Post)
I usually dont. I was looking for some Taylor news and thats what came up.
I feel like the only reason they're being soo nasty to him is because he is in the twilight movies. I mean come on, give him a break. This is his first solo movie.
Are they really nasty? What have you read?
Old 09-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Master Fan

Its really bad. Trust me, they're not worth reading.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I saw something on E!, I hear it didn't do well in the movies either.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

Abduction Comes in at #4 at Box Office – Overall first weekend $17.4 Million worldwide!

You can see the numbers here, if you want.

taytay_daily: Abduction Comes in at #4 at Box Office – Overall first weekend $17.4 Million worldwide!

It did better than Jason Statham movie, "Killer Elite". And that movie had Robert Daniro in it. So I am going to take that as good news.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:21 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyrocks (View Post)
The critics are being soo hard on our boy.
Why do I bother reading their reviews?
I know! I gave up reading those reviews...they just make you feel bad

It's nice that it did better than Stathan
Old 09-28-2011, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

I know, I didn't think 4 was bad, but they made it sound like it was.

What is Stathan?
Old 09-29-2011, 08:57 AM
Master Fan

I think she meant Jason Statham's movie KILLER ELITE.

4th place isnt bad at all. Its still in the top 5. And thats because it was also competing with family movies like Lion King and The dolphin tale.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hm okay, I don't really care about the box office anwyays, but I kinda want a sequal so it should do well for that.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Master Fan

My thoughts exactly.
We're still getting more abduction interviews.

IndieLondon’s Abduction Interview with Taylor Lautner

Posted by Stephanie | No Comments

Taylor Lautner talks about the pleasure of getting to work alongside such esteemed co-stars as Sigourney Weaver and Jason Isaacs.

He also talks about knocking out a co-star by accident, kissing Lily Collins, getting motorbike advice from Tom Cruise and how completing Twilight will be a ‘bittersweet’ feeling.

Q. Tell me about the fight scene between you and Jason…

Taylor Lautner: It was awesome. I mean we were very friendly by that point and he’s hilarious.

Q. Is he hilarious in the middle of a fight scene like that?

Taylor Lautner: Yes actually. He is so funny. I have looked up to him for a while, ever since I saw him as the bad guy in The Patriot. I loved him. Don’t get me wrong, he’s done so many roles, but I did love that this was something kind of different for him and we really get to see his humour in this movie as well as different areas. But during that scene it was just fun because we had gloves on, so we literally were like: “Let’s go for it!” I mean, he was whacking me the whole time. But it was fun. There were no serious injuries… maybe a few bruises the next day.

Q. Presumably you have been offered full-on martial arts movies where you get to use your skills? Would you ever do one of those?

Taylor Lautner: You never know. I loved the fact that I was able to use it in this movie but this was a great acting piece for me and that’s what excited me the most about this movie, the journey that the character goes on. Is it great that I got to incorporate my martial arts and do a lot of cool stunts? Absolutely. But that was just the fun part of this movie. It also was very challenging emotionally.

Q. Can you talk about the casting of Lily Collins?

Taylor Lautner: Everybody from the very beginning knew that Lily was the only person for this role. She’s the only girl I read with and that’s all we needed to see.

Q. How much practise did the kissing scene on the train take? And did that chemistry extend off-set as we’ve been led to believe?

Taylor Lautner: Copy that. Um, we were able to just like dive right into that. It’s funny because the other action scenes… two different kinds of action. But the other action scenes involved a lot of preparation and a lot of training but for this we just figured it would be best to just go for it. I mean, there was really no choreography. We were like: “Let’s just see what happens and hopefully it’ll look swell.” The only awkward part about it is that we had 100 to 150 grown men staring at us during all of it. That’s their job, so I totally get it, but that thought is always in the back of your mind and you have to get rid of it and live these characters for that moment. But it was fine. We jumped right into it.

Q. But did the chemistry extend off-set?

Taylor Lautner: We are very good friends.

Q. Did you miss your Twilight co-stars when you were on this set?

Taylor Lautner: It was a little different at first. I mean, we’re definitely great friends but as I was filming this I knew that as soon as I was done filming this I was going back to spend seven months filming the last two with them. So, I was going to get enough of them. But this was great to be with new people and be with Lily and everyone we’ve mentioned thus far.

Q. How interesting was it see your co-stars switch on and off between takes or keep the accent up, as in the case of Alfred or Jason?

Taylor Lautner: That was very cool, I always pay attention to the accent thing, especially with Rob [Pattinson]. But the coolest part for me was… I mean trust me it was very cool to be doing scenes with Sigourney Weaver and all of them but the coolest part was seeing them as people on set and how they treated the crew, they’re work ethic, how courteous they were to everyone. We worked with some amazing people on this movie and that was probably the most important thing for me to see.

Q. Did you pick up any Swedish from Michael Nyqvist?

Taylor Lautner: [Laughs] What was funny about him was that on-set we were watching him… I mean, the guy is an incredible actor but we know him personally and he’s hilarious. So, when he’s doing these spooky scenes and he’s supposed to be this big bad guy, we were behind the camera laughing. It was so funny. Now we watch the movie and we’re like: “Whoah, he’s actually kind of freaky!” But on-set we knew him so well that it was just hilarious.

Q. Was it true that you got some advice from Tom Cruise about riding the motorbike in this film?

Taylor Lautner: It was less advice and more of him just being very excited for me. He’s obsessed with motorcycles and action and stunts and all that stuff. So, when I told him about this project he was very excited and said: “Oh, you’re going to be on a motorcycle; you’ve got to do training, you’ve got to know what you’re doing because you’ve actually got to do it yourself…” It was good advice. I mean, hopping on a motorcycle and doing that stunt without training wouldn’t have been a good idea. But he’s a great guy.

Q. People have compared you to the young Tom Cruise. So, he’s someone you know now?

Taylor Lautner: I wouldn’t say we’re best friends but I have ran into him a few times and I guess I can technically say I’ve worked with him once. We did this opening skit for the MTV Movie Awards where he was playing his Les Grossman character from Tropic Thunder and that was very surreal for me because he’s definitely been at the top of my list growing up and still is today. But those are some mighty, mighty shoes to fill. I would give anything to have a tenth of the career that Tom Cruise has had.

Q. You mentioned last year that you were interested in going to university at some point?

Taylor Lautner: Right now it’s very busy and I feel like I’m living my dream right now. So, this is definitely my focus right now. As long as I’m doing this… I mean this is what I’ve wanted to do for a very long time and I have to pinch myself because I’m not quite sure if this is real. But yeah, that’s always in the back of my mind. I enrolled in my community college as soon as I finished High School and then just became too busy but that definitely interests me.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting the interview.