Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Passionate Fan

so looking to seeing this on friday been looking forward to it for like ever had to celebrate with a new icon he will rock that role

Old 09-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Master Fan

Sigourney Weaver & Jason Isaacs Interview For ‘Abduction’

How did you find working alongside Taylor Lautner and Maria Bello? Your character really gets into the thick of the action.

Jason Isaacs: Taylor is not only a fabulous actor, and a lovely, very curious, hungry to learn guy. But he’s also an immensely physically gifted athlete. So whilst I was working on my fight for weeks, choreographing it as best I can and running it through the stunt men, I showed it to him once and he had it better than me instantly (laughs). The difficult thing for Taylor with the fight sequences in this film, I think, is to hold back, not to look like Bruce Lee. He’s so good at it, he’s so brilliant at it, he has such poise and balance, that he has to use all his storytelling skills to make us feel that he’s in danger, because he can frankly take the entire crew with his hands tied behind his back (laughs).

I’ve been a big fan of Maria Bello for a very long time, she worked with a friend of mine on ‘A History of Violence,’ so I’d watched her and heard lovely stories about her. They all turned out to be true – she’s a fantastic actress and very easy on the eye as well.

How did you find it Sigourney, working with Taylor Lautner and Lily Collins, these two young talents?

Sigourney Weaver: I love working with young people. At our theatre in New York, The Flea, we have a different young company every year. We have about fifty young actors, a very diverse group from all over. And what I love about our industry is working with all generations. We are all equals, no one is this and someone else is that; everyone is doing the same work professionally, together. I find it very exciting. So working with Taylor and Lily I just feel like the whole ensemble was just very copasetic. It was an intense movie. Everyone brought their best to it and in between set ups we’d goof around and do stupid things together, fat booth – fat photo booth (laughs). Just goofy things, you know? I really enjoyed it.

What was it like working with John Singleton on this film?

Jason Isaacs: I’ve loved John Singleton’s films, many of them, for a long time. So when the chance comes up to work with someone like that you say yes instantly, for whatever it is. ‘Abduction’ is something slightly atypical for him, I think that’s why he’s a great director, because he brings those skills that aren’t always required for the action genre – it’s about character and those details of personality that make a film live. So within the scenes me and Maria are playing with Taylor mostly, he allows us to improvise, he creates an atmosphere of play, but always focused on trying to make this thing have texture. It’s a big film, its got a certain commercial sensibility to the driving narrative, but within that he’s weaving three dimensional things. I think he’s making it richer, more watchable, and hopefully something that will bare repeat viewings – because there’s many layers of secrecy to this film.

Sigourney Weaver: I love John Singleton, he’s such a film lover and has such extensive knowledge of film. I never took a film course in my life so to hear him just talk about all these different genres and everything, he really knows his stuff. He is a director I admire and I was delighted to get a chance to work with him.

You’re busier now than you’ve ever been.

Sigourney Weaver: I know and I really like it because people go, ‘Oh, but this is a small part,’ but I really don’t think of it that way. To me it was a part that’s tricky, and I was asked to do something that I’ve never done. I actually think it’s much harder to play a small part than to carry a movie. I’ve carried a movie plenty of times, but to go in and do what you’re supposed to do and serve the movie in that way, it’s always different, you know? I enjoyed that and I found it challenging, I’ve learned a lot from it.

They didnt ask them about the sequel.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Nina, I love what she says about him.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Master Fan

I love what they both said about him.
And sounds like John was the best director for this movie. He made everyone bring their A game to it.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh I love how he says that Taylor actually has to hold back in the fight scenes!
Old 09-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Master Fan

I can believe that. The boy has been doing martial arts since he was 2.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Right, he's pretty much a pro by now. I love that we get to see his moves in the movie.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the interview! I can't wait for Saturday now.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Passionate Fan

here is a little design i made for the movie

Image Credit:KjFDesigns

Old 09-21-2011, 09:44 PM
Master Fan

Its awesome.

'Abduction' Stars Eclipsed by Taylor Lautner

'Abduction' Stars Eclipsed by Taylor Lautner - YouTube

Taylor Runs for His Life in This New ‘Abduction’ Clip — Stadium

» Taylor Runs for His Life in This New ‘Abduction’ Clip — Stadium

Old 09-22-2011, 05:29 AM
Extreme Fan

@kfrancis08: Great design. He looks so badass!

I'm going to watch it tomorrow! I'm so excited
Old 09-22-2011, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

I've never worked with anyone as famous as Taylor Lautner I love the videos! The Abduction clip especially.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:36 AM
Passionate Fan

i'm watching tomorrow as well so looking forward to it i need some tay on my big screen like asap

Old 09-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Elite Fan

Hey guys. I'm Nikki. Just came back from Abduction. It was pretty entertaining! The action/fight sequences were great. I hope the movies does well!!
Old 09-22-2011, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Glad you liked it Nikki.