Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2018, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I was looking on the Quinn wiki and they have her birthday listed as 1994. I also saw a gifset that list her birthday as Feb (forgot the date that was on there but I think it was the 1st) and I'm just wondering where this info came from.

The wiki also has her address. Is there a Glee info book I don't know about. Or was it said in the show and I just don't remember.

Though now I just found something that list her birthday as 93 (which I believe more than 94 as I think 94 would have made her 15 in the first season of Glee) and in September.

So I'm guessing her bday is not confirmed but I still wonder where they all got this info.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think so!
Old 11-04-2018, 01:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Heather - that is so strange, I know those wikis will usually get it from a line or something that implied their birth year/date. We never saw Quinn's birthday celebrated on the show. She did have a lot of random photos inside of her locker, maybe something was found there? OR maybe in the one episode where we see her home life there may be baby photos or artifacts like her birth certificate? Wikipedia/Wiki's usually will ask for a citation. Too bad the information doesn't give a citation.
Old 11-04-2018, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It really is. I know they did some Glee books (well I know for sure 1 but not sure how many more but I do think there were a couple more) but I don't think they were written by anyone involved in Glee. Or at least not RIB/a higher up who writes canon Glee. I could be wrong though. So not sure if they would be canon or not. If they are considered canon compliant that would be good to know. And by considered I mean a high up writer was like yep those are canon.

It has been a really long time since I watched Glee (and have forgotten a lot) but I don't think there was anything in her locker to showcase a bday. Same about home life. I don't remember there being anything.

I think the closest we got to her bday was on the fake id. Granted that might not have been her actual month and day but it would make sense to give them your actual month and day to make that part easier. So if they ever got asked they would know the month and day and would just have to remember the fake year.

I assume she had to already be 16 in the first season as she was already driving so you think her bday year would be 93 as I think 94 would make her only 15 in the first season (someone may have to check that math if they care enough ).

But Glee was always bad with consistency and timelines. So probably shouldn't think too hard about it. Her birth year could have very well been 94 but RIB probably didn't think about the fact it would make her 15 (unless my math is wrong). So 94 and RIB just wrote them as 16 year olds. But either way I would love a confirmed bday. Month day and year.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

So as you know I'm rewatching Glee and I have some comments to make. I just watched the performance of Time of My Life with Sam/Quinn and they were incredible as always. I forgot how much I appreciated Quam's cuteness and their ship name is Quam so there's that

But before this, we know Will decided to take Emma's advice in not using Rachel and Finn for the 100th time which was great advice no insult to Rachel/Finn but I think other characters deserve a chance in the damn spotlight for once. My gripe though is with Rachel and her attitude toward Sam/Quinn being chosen. She calls them Ken and Barbie and then asks Will if he's trying to "throw" the competition. Like what the hell I remember her being a brat for the center of attention but good grief I agree with Quinn's response: I want to punch you every time you open your mouth
Old 11-10-2018, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I really love their performance of that. I had actually forgotten what their ship name was.

Uh Rachel... I was never a fan. So probably even more so that was all very to me. Beyond Rachel though I really wish the writers had been better had dividing the songs up competition wise and in general. And then when they sort of touched on the lack of singing for some they chose the wrong people. Mercedes and Santana (who got to sing a lot - maybe not as much in competitions but a lot overall) became that other group when it should have been Quinn and Tina.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh I know! Tina was so underused I wonder if Ryan or the other two writers didn't like or care for Jenna? I didn't love Tina but I liked her and she does have a pretty voice.

So my other gripe is with the amount of importance prom queen was to Quinn. I feel like the writing made her way too obsessed with it. Especially to the point where Finn has to ask her if that's the only reason they are back together. Which brings me to my next issue: why even bother with Quinn/Finn a second time around? I want to enjoy them, but it's SO obvious with Rachel in the background that she and Finn will be back on. At least with Sam, they only had eyes for each other at the time and there weren't exes threatening their relationship. Would it have killed them to have Quinn be consistent in liking prom but realizes it's not everything and that (at least in my mind) she would never beg Finn to stay with her when he's made it clear that he wants to be with Rachel. Seriously, I know she has low self esteem but I feel like they held Quinn's character development back with these things.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah I didn't really care for Tina as a character but voice wise she was underused. I think it was more they just didn't care to write for Tina or give her things as they were too focused on their faves. If I remember correctly they even did a whole episode where Tina complained and the episode was basically them telling Tina to sit down and shut up. And then maybe once Rachel was gone she would get something.

I didn't mind Quinn wanting Prom Queen. I think it actually fit with her character. I can't remember everything though so there was probably something annoyed me about it but overall I didn't mind her wanting Prom Queen.

And I roll my eyes at Finn legit asking if that's the only reason she wanted him back? Ugh Finn. It's not like his reasons were all because he truly loved Quinn and wanted to be with her.

So overall I liked FQ but yeah even back then I questioned why they put them together again. But I always answer my own question by stating they were just props for FR. And that's exactly what they were. They were just another obstacle for FR to overcome again.

And yeah ugh at her still sticking with Finn after what went down at prom. Honestly Jesse and Quinn should have taken off with each other and had their fun. I would have loved for that to happen and then next episode they sing a duet together.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I didn't mind Quinn wanting Prom Queen. I think it actually fit with her character. I can't remember everything though so there was probably something annoyed me about it but overall I didn't mind her wanting Prom Queen.
Oh it fitted her character, I just think the writing took it too far. It seemed like she went from being layered to prom 24/7 like it was ALL that mattered when we saw her go through such a substantial change when she got pregnant. She learned to love herself and her body despite being pregnant and that she realized she should eat right for herself since she was so willing to do this for Beth. It's like they took all of that change and just made it disappear. Prom queen and being popular is ingrained in her character and it does make Quinn who she is so that's what I meant. Prom queen was fitting, but it seemed like Ryan was trying to make people think she was vain. I just think there was so much more that could have been done to make all of that change worth it and blend it in with being prom queen if that makes sense?

And yes times a million to your Jesse idea
Old 11-14-2018, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Her wanting Prom Queen really bad doesn't make me feel she took a slide back. But I honestly really don't remember much other than her wanting Prom Queen. I don't remember how far it was taken/what was done.

It so should have happened and would have been so interesting. Both deserved better.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yup!
Old 11-16-2018, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Speaking of prom which dress did you guys like better? The blue or the purple one?
Old 11-16-2018, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love the purple one!

Old 11-18-2018, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The purple one was so gorgeous and I love the color. I really love both but since I have to choose I'm going to go with the blue one. It was stunning.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
Her wanting Prom Queen really bad doesn't make me feel she took a slide back. But I honestly really don't remember much other than her wanting Prom Queen. I don't remember how far it was taken/what was done.

It so should have happened and would have been so interesting. Both deserved better.
Yeah to be honest, I didn't remember this either as I (re)watched. I was just like come on, give us more storylines other than just prom queen. They did do others like Lucy, the one where she was helping Sam at that motel. But I wanted more more more