Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2018, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron

Her keeping Beth could have been cute but I'm still glad she didn't keep her.
fractured moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron
Nina Dobrev

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
Her keeping Beth could have been cute but I'm still glad she didn't keep her.
Is that because you fear that it would have taken more of a backseat than it already did? I think what she did was brave and admirable and more importantly, she made a choice that was ultimately up to her and that's why I stand by it as well
Old 05-17-2018, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron

Part of the reason. But also character wise she wasn't ready for a child and had no stable home, friendships, or support system. I felt Quinn giving her up was doing what was best for Beth and not just herself.

Honestly though a part of me kind of wishes Quinn had never gotten pregnant.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron
Nina Dobrev

Oh wow really? I'm not sure if you've ever told me you wish the pregnancy never happened. I kinda rolled my eye at the storyline in general too, in my opinion, the year Glee came out (2009) just seemed to be right in the target area of pregnant teen storylines on almost every show (at least the ones I watched). I think shows like 16 & Pregnant was at it's prime and people were addicted to watching these teenagers try to play house on camera and admittedly I was one of those people
But I remember it had seemed like every tv show I watched, someone of high school age would get knocked up.
I think 2009 was also the year of vampire popularity. I'm a little surprised there weren't pregnant vampires everywhere on tv

With Quinn, I'm not so sure if I had wished it never happened per say, I thought the adoption route was a solid idea because it seems like everyone on tv keeps their babies so I thought "great, they are shaking things up" but then the way it was so poorly handled with Shelby. I think in real life I wouldn't adopt my baby out to the mother of another classmate of mine (Rachel), because all it will take is for that said classmate to spread rumors or gossip about me and I'd fear it would "poison the well" and I think Shelby judged Quinn harshly because of background info she already had on her as a student in McxKinley it's just a risky decision, although I guess if it were a 100% closed adoption then it may not be so bad or maybe I seem paranoid.

Oh but wait then you have to take into account that the woman you trusted to parent your baby later SLEPT WITH THE BIOLOGICAL FATHER who is ALSO a high school student and suddenly I don't feel so paranoid.

Honestly, in my mind Quinn and Beth's story ended when Beth was born and they smiled at one another and Quinn had mommy snuggles with her. Then she was given away to someone who isn't known to the cast or to us at all and Beth is happy Ah, I love this canon.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Same here!

Lauren Conrad CampaignLauren Conrad Celebrity
Firecrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron
Nina Dobrev

It really is crazy the way they decided to have Shelby sleep with a student when she's the adoptive mother of said student's child. Talk about conflict of interest and just inappropriate in general
Old 05-24-2018, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Same here!

Old 05-25-2018, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron

I'm not sure if I said it to you specifically but I think I have mentioned it before. It could have been nice to see what they would have done to Quinn's character had she not been pregnant. I agree it was probably the perfect time for a teen pregnancy on tv. Though I also think it fit in with what they were going for. A very popular and religious girl whose parents were extremely religious and were also trying to show themselves as perfect to their friends gets pregnant out of wedlock. I mean they had her as leader of the celibacy club and oh of course she loses her virginity early and oops gets pregnant.

Though since they did go through with the pregnancy I actually did like the idea that she was giving Beth up for adoption. But yeah in the end it just ended up not well executed. And came out even worse when they ended up bringing Shelby and Beth back. And yeah it was pretty weird that Shelby the bio mom of Rachel ended up adopting Beth in the first place. It should have been a closed adoption or at least a guest character who never showed up again.

The Shelby and Beth storyline with the coming back was incredibly awful and ****ed up.

That canon is great.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron
Nina Dobrev

Quote:
I mean they had her as leader of the celibacy club and oh of course she loses her virginity early and oops gets pregnant.
Yeah that's so true. Seems like they were going for a shock factor when it was really just cliche

Quote:
Though since they did go through with the pregnancy I actually did like the idea that she was giving Beth up for adoption. But yeah in the end it just ended up not well executed.
Yes, poorly executed is the best way of putting it. It's really the best way to putting their handling of Quinn as a character in general. Great ideas, much potential, terrible execution.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron

Exactly. They seemed to love that type of stuff. And it could have worked if they had maintained more of how the first 13 were. After that the show took some tings too seriously while other times they would joke. Sometimes it was hard to tell when something was said as being serious or just them trying to joke.

Yeah they never seemed all that great once things started playing out.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yup!

Old 05-27-2018, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron

Too bad they weren't better writers.