Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2018, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I mean I wouldn't want Quinn miserable either but she already was. So we should have been able to see it. Like with everything with Quinn they touched on a few things she was going through but never went more in depth about it. Her feelings after finding out she was pregnant, her parents after finding out, getting kicked off the cheerios, plus all the things she was going through in other seasons. They would always give us a little something but that was it. And Dianna would have done a fantastic job taking it all on. I mean honestly she already did. She's the one who elevated whatever the writers gave her and made it seem better. And helped us create more for Quinn.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

We always wanted Quinn to be happy and have good storylines and writing!
Old 04-22-2018, 02:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
I mean I wouldn't want Quinn miserable either but she already was. So we should have been able to see it.
GREAT point! They were putting her through **** already, may as well let Di kill it with her acting and her ability to shine through the complex character that she made Quinn in the first place.

Quote:
Like with everything with Quinn they touched on a few things she was going through but never went more in depth about it. Her feelings after finding out she was pregnant, her parents after finding out, getting kicked off the cheerios, plus all the things she was going through in other seasons.
Right, pregnancy and being rejected so awfully by your own parents is a big deal (especially for a TEENAGER). They went out of their way to maker her head cheerleader, head of celibacy club, popular, etc. And she lost all of that, and it's like we never got to see how deep that pain was for her. And even through that time when she was all of those things, she wasn't actually truly happy. She only believed as long as she had all of those things that happiness would follow, but it did not. So when that was revealed it was like "jk we're just gonna barely scratch the surface and skip over all of this super important life changing events!".

Quote:
They would always give us a little something but that was it. And Dianna would have done a fantastic job taking it all on. I mean honestly she already did. She's the one who elevated whatever the writers gave her and made it seem better. And helped us create more for Quinn.
Exactly. I think it was you who told me this or at least you had said something that I thought was implied, but wasn't it basically that RM wasn't really expecting Quinn to be a fan favorite and didn't really anticipate Dianna to be as beloved as she is? Like he had only intended for Quinn to be a superficial character?
Old 04-22-2018, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yup!
Old 04-24-2018, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Exactly but nope couldn't do it. Didn't want to give Quinn or Dianna what they deserved. And I'm not even saying have the show focused on her (though it would have made it better) but they could have done so much more.

Not to mention having to live with friends all while dealing with all of those things. And Quinn didn't really have anyone she could talk to. Plus dealing with the fact she was giving her baby up for adoption. Which wasn't an easy decision. It was the right thing to do but that didn't make it easy. And so true about how even when she was on top and had so much she still wasn't happy. She was trying so hard to be perfect but perfection is hard to get. The writers had so much to explore with her and they never did.

Yeah I think that was me that said it. I think I read it in an interview. It's been so long though. Which just proves the power of Dianna. I mean yes the writing did give us a basis but Dianna really showed us more to Quinn. And speaking of RM is treatment alone of Dianna was such bull****.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It sure was!
Old 05-09-2018, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yeah I think that was me that said it. I think I read it in an interview. It's been so long though. Which just proves the power of Dianna. I mean yes the writing did give us a basis but Dianna really showed us more to Quinn. And speaking of RM is treatment alone of Dianna was such bull****.
Yes, it was definitely who told me about that I know the RM part you told me for sure.

How do you guys think Quinn's story would have gone had she decided to keep Beth? And for the sake of our own sanity let's maybe take Puck out of the equation. Like what if Quinn would have ended up being a single mother and living with her mom?

let's also add the scenario that the writing of Quinn is more decent and I say that because I think had things gone this way, she would have been featured in Glee even less.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yup!
Old 05-10-2018, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think it would have been one more excuse to push her to the background. We might have gotten a mention every now and then or they would have thrown out a "funny" joke but that's it. Not keeping Beth was the right decision for her.

And yeah I always have to try and take him out now.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Same here!
Old 05-11-2018, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

I think it would have been one more excuse to push her to the background. We might have gotten a mention every now and then or they would have thrown out a "funny" joke but that's it. Not keeping Beth was the right decision for her.
Right, I hear you on that Heather. And I feel the same way.
But I wonder how Quinn would've been like as a mom. I would obviously say a good mom, but I mean at first. How would she adjust to teen motherhood? I think sadly she'd be made fun of at school, face ridicule. I would hope she'd be living with her mom since she left her dad, but of course there'd be some tension between them since she let her dad throw her out at 16, you don't just forget about something like that. Or Quinn may fear that she might take him back one day if he shows up. All of this really makes me think of the material we could have got had they explored Quinn's life. There were plenty of angles.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Same here!
Old 05-12-2018, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I definitely think she would have been a great mom and thinks could have worked out if she had been more prepared and had more support from her parents/mom. She would have been so exhausted though. And I'm sure we would get oh so funny jokes about how she's a bad mom for being in Glee and well just how she's a bad mom. They loved doing that ****.

There are definitely plenty of angles but this is Ryan and co we're talking about. They would have never explored it.
Old 05-13-2018, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

I sadly can’t help but agree on her being called a bad mom, and there’d Ben constant wise cracks at her expense.
I did just remember something that may have been positive though. Remember when Quinn and Sam were accused of having a fling and it had turned out that she was helping him with his little brother and sister? Her having Beth may have been cute because it would add more to how good she is with kids and maybe Beth would have been in the DS number at the end of the episode. Would have been cute.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Same here!