Old 08-30-2018, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 08-30-2018, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the gif!
Old 08-31-2018, 04:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
I fell so hard for Quinn during this scene. I was pretty sure she would be my fave and it turns out I was right.
I love how you knew this right away. It took me until You Keep Me Hanging On to realize how fabulous she was I remember being so afraid during that "Let's Pray" scene because I really thought they were going to make her a ditz, and Dianna would have done the ditzy blonde role so well but god am I so happy they went with her very layered, strong and vulnerable personality.
Old 09-02-2018, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I do admit even though I did love her I didn't officially claim her as my fave until ISALP.

I thought her during the Let's Pray scene was so funny and smart and so in control. I laughed at how eager Finn was and she was all "Let's pray". I thought it was one of the true funny moments of Glee.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love ISALP!
Old 09-04-2018, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved her voice right away and I loved the performance.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
I do admit even though I did love her I didn't officially claim her as my fave until ISALP.

I thought her during the Let's Pray scene was so funny and smart and so in control. I laughed at how eager Finn was and she was all "Let's pray". I thought it was one of the true funny moments of Glee.
That's so true, she really did seem in control. I'm happy that she had a driven and intelligent personality. And yes, very funny, great comedic timing in her one-liners. All so perfect. Dianna absolutely made Quinn who she is. I think any other actor probably could have done a decent job at the role, but Dianna took that character and ran with it in the best way.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yup!
Old 09-06-2018, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I definitely agree about Dianna making who who he was. I know we talked about it before but the writers would give us surface level stuff. They would never want to delve too deep and that sucked. Thank goodness for Dianna.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Same her on Dianna!
Old 09-08-2018, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Let's throw in a hard question because those are fun

What is the most out of character thing Quinn ever did in the whole show? Like what made you go, "wtf are you serious?"

I already have my answer and while it was hard, I have to say it was easy once I remember this plot. It infuriated me when they had Quinn try to sabotage Beth's life with Shelby by trying to plant things in her house to get Beth taken from her. I say this one goes beyond a stretch of her character, they went and broke the whole darn thing with this!

We know that Q instantly knew she wanted to give up Beth after she was born. She knew it would be hard, she even knew she very well could have kept her with her mom coming back into her life and offering to help raise her with Quinn, and she knew that Puck would have been there for her too in all of it. But she still put Beth first in order for her to have a better life. Now why would they have her try to yank her away from that new life?

A better storyline would have been just her acting out, being depressed from missing her terribly and then she would eventually see that Shelby would have allowed her to see Beth and as she came around to seeing how well taken care of she was. There was no need to cross a line with her character by making her deceitful in this way as we know that she was adamant about what she wanted for Beth. I think one part they could have kept in was the acting out, and then float the idea of trying for another baby with Puck because that actually made sense in her state of mind that she'd want a fresh start with another baby since she was having doubts and wanted to make up for "abandoning" her as she was thinking at that time. And no I'm not saying they should have had another baby or even tried to, absolutely not I just mean she'd float the idea to Puck and he'd react the way he did by reasoning with her, and then she'd eventually go to therapy to cope with her temporary regrets she was having.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love the discussions we get out of them. I really miss the discussions.

That is the exact one I would answer. What they made her do was so wtf. Though I will say while I hated it it bothers me how all the hate gets thrown at Quinn and Shelby (and P) get off so easy. Shelby had no right to just thrust this on Quinn because she wanted it. She should have discussed it with Quinn first. And same with P. It was a nice idea of happy family but only in theory. Quinn had a right to know she would be there especially since Shelby intentionally (if I remember correctly) moved back and got a job McKinley because of Q and P being there. Like I think she was offered the job but she chose there because of that. But it has been so long since I saw Glee I could be wrong on that but either way.

It also bothers me because of the way she was dressed she was judged not fit to be around Beth. Seriously wtf?!

And then they go and make Quinn try and get Beth taken from Shelby. I get she was upset but the stupid stuff they made her do is so ****ing frustrating and annoying. So yeah again I get Quinn was upset and I get that maybe even while she knew she had done the right thing by giving Beth up for adoption having Beth there made her have doubts. I get it but the storyline was .

A better storyline for me would have been Shelby actually talking to Quinn on the phone and seeing what her thoughts were on having Beth around. Like she wouldn't be in the mom role but if she would like Beth knowing her. And for her to be there for Beth in some capacity and then they could have went from there.
Old 09-09-2018, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Same here!
Old 09-13-2018, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
That is the exact one I would answer. What they made her do was so wtf
Hell yeah it really was such a dramatic and out of place event in the show.

Quote:
It also bothers me because of the way she was dressed she was judged not fit to be around Beth. Seriously wtf?!
Well duh Heather, don't you know? If she's Beth's mom surely she can "mother" Quinn too. That was weird I agree. It really was a crazy way to dress but she didn't need to be "fit" in any way since she isn't Beth's mom, that's why she gave her up - she didn't want to be selfish. I really think dressing that way was a cry for help, but you typically don't try to bribe them and dangle their kid in front of them to get the person to stop acting out and crying for help. Or yell and berate them (I'm lookin' at you Will Schuster...)

Quote:
(and P) get off so easy.
Didn't even think of that, great point. I think we were supposed to think him wanting to get it on with a Milf even if said milf is the adoptive mother your child is normal teen boy behavior. But watching as an adult as we were, it was sickening and crossed boundaries. Plus, I don't like to be sexist but also, he's a guy so he gets a pass for man**** behavior

That's so true about Shelby not warning her about seeing Beth. I need to rewatch how that went down, but maybe she could have been doing it to "surprise" her in a nice gesture kind of way? Either way, it's very thoughtless and in real life, this wouldn't happen as it's completely inappropriate behavior.

I don't know much about adoptions and my only knowledge comes from that show on MTV 16 & Pregnant. Now bear with me I'm aware this show is not a good source of information and it does more harm than good but there a couple who gave up their baby and they wanted an open adoption, so they did that. Well, the adoptive parents were very accommodating to the teens but they set certain rules that they wanted to be respected and it was not to film the baby on MTV. understandably, these people don't want their lives public and more importantly, do not want their child on a trashy show that celebrates teen pregnancy. But as the years wore on, the visits were slimming because the teen couple just couldn't stop crossing the boundaries and breaking the rules. I stopped watching it years ago but I believe to this day, it is still a problem, the teen parents had another baby and kept her, but they have broken another rule the adoptive parents put into place after so much trust being destroyed: They didn't want any conversations between them talked about on the show. Well, now there is a scene where they talk about the fact that they requested this so they broke it again! Basically, I can totally see why people are hesitant with open adoptions and this reads more like real life to me. I think Shelby was like the opposite and it was a joke. Any adoptive parent who knows the biological mom is depressed and misses her would be extremely cautious, not careless.