Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2017, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

She can only go up from there!
Old 04-30-2017, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Not with this show. They just keep dragging you down.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

What a shame!
Old 05-01-2017, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah it really is.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wonder if Glee hurt her chances of a strong career in the short term?
Old 05-02-2017, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think so. Especially since she left after S3. Yes she guest starred later but a guest star is different.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yay!
Old 05-03-2017, 11:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 05-04-2017, 12:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the gif!
Old 05-04-2017, 03:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
When it comes to the canon stroylines...honestly... all of them.
A perfect answer especially since I never specified only being able to choose one

Quote:
As for the new storyline I wouldn't have wanted that at all. As you said Quinn went through enough **** I wouldn't have wanted to see/hear about her getting raped. Plus let's be honest the writers would have never done it in a well written way. They would have made it gross and exploitative and I'm sure we/Quinn would have had to hear how it was Quinn's fault.
Makes sense, it is very dark. And I think dark plots should go to better writers/storytellers. And I'm sadly unable to deny you saying it would get exploited and somehow villify her more, especially since I had suggested that she wouldn't be believed at first. Plus, it's Glee not really the best show for deep storylines.

Quote:
Also I think the skater dude and married guy might be two different guys.
Oh my gosh you're right. This isn't even the first time I mistook them for being the same person It's pretty damn sad when all we can go on for Quinn's dating life aside from Puck are losers that only get mentioned once or twice and that she's "dumb enough" to get a Ryan Seacrest tattoo (by the way if we're talking storylines or just **** I disliked in general, this damn tattoo would be on my top list).

Quote:
4. The Unholy Trinity should have also been explored more in all the different dynamics. Yes BS got a ton of deeper thought put into their friendship and overall relationship but I wanted more from these 3. Kinda like with #1 how did these 3 meet? Cheerio tryouts? Before? How deep did their friendship really go? And Quinn seemed to be the leader but also left out quite a bit. Which I guess could be because of the BS stuff but still. Also it seemed one minute Quinn comes up with the dances but then apparently later it's Britney? As with everything more insight would have been nice.
I haven't thought about this in so long and now you've brought back some old and new curiousity. Especially the leader being Quinn. It seemed right at first, but after a while it seemed like they wanted to make Santana more...I don't know, bitchy? More ruthless, I mean I want to understand what made Q a leader, was it because they met in Celibacy Club and kind of assumed Quinn to be the leader since she was the head of the Celibacy Club too I guess that would be my answer for how they met, I assumed CC but if it was before high school I sure would have loved to see or even just hear how they came to be.

Quote:
6. Quinn's insecurities. OMG! This one really frustrates me. It's so obvious how low her self esteem is but holy **** is it pretty much ****ing ignored. We even have Kurt telling her nothing she went through was bad or hard to deal with. None of matter. Even had Sam calling her problems "rich white girl problems". And then made her go so overboard in S3 with the Beth/Shelby stuff but never explored why. And of course all anyone saw was crazy Quinn. And that is exactly how the writers wanted it. Holy ****ing **** this pisses me off!
Yep, this one hits the nerve for me as well. And sadly Glee isn't the only show or platform that tries to belittle people's problems because ther's always "someone dying out there" in some foreign country while "you get to have a house and a warm bed at night and food/water" And if anything, I don't like to to throw around accusations but that comment from Kurt was racist in my opinion (or reverse race as you might call it). I really am not okay with this "white privilege" buzzword that gets hurled at people like Quinn, whose problems are just as important and matter just as much as anyone else. I'm all for trying to give people a little perspective, but don't even try to do it if you can't be bothered to be respectful while doing so. Making someone feel like they are less important doesn't inspire anyone. It just brings them down and makes that already unstable self-image Quinn had, even lower. Kurt is a character I flat out just didn't like very much, he seemed to get away with saying/doing rude BS.
I also thought Mercedes was pretty rude when Quinn was talking about her feeling furious about her life (when she sang Man's World). Again, just because Quinn was only "fat" for 9 months (or so we thought at the time before "Lucy" was introduced) it doesn't mean she doesn't deserve some understanding. I know that they patched things up there, but it continued to rub me the wrong way because friends don't try and compete with who "has it worse". They are supposed to be there for you.

Quote:
13. It also bothers me how Quinn couldn't really have friends. Her and Britney weren't really close it seemed. Her and Santana were frenemies. Her and Rachel were whatever they wanted them to be at the time (though honestly I didn't ever see them actually being full fledged friends but still), Her and Finn never got too much beyond romantic relationship and what little we did see of their friendship was never really explored, and what we saw of the others she was friends seemed to go they start being friends and then it just gets dropped.
Yep, seemed like they'd plant a friendship with Quinn and another character, but didn't build it up or bother taking care of it in order to grow. I think Rachel and Quinn could have made great friends but the fact that they we're so shipped not just them as characters but as "Achele" made it hard to appreciate it And that's probably my own fault because anyone can ship whoever they want to, canon or not and I shouldn't let it get in the way of liking two characters on a tv show but it did get to me. And it's also just the general "pushyness" that ensued with fans of Faberry/Achele, but of course it would not be fair to generalize and say they all do it. There are plenty of shipper fans who have their own rotten apples of the bunch. But to those who we're reacting so hateful after Di's engagement to Winston is the kind of "fan" behavior I'll never tolerate. Ugh, but yeah.

I do have more to say probably on the rest but I'll stop here since it's going on 5am
Old 05-04-2017, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I would have never been able to just choose one. No way.

Yeah the Glee writers would have been complete **** at writing something like that. Even some good writers don't do well with that.

Og **** I totally forgot about that stupid tattoo. Which was just beyond eye roll inducing. My head canon was that **** was fake because seriously why would it be real?

I guess when it came to the UT they wanted to make it more even rather than just one leader once Britt and San started becoming main. Which I guess I can understand. But some things were still weird like the dancing thing being given to Britt. Though there were times when it did still seem like Q was the overall leader it just wasn't focused on as much. But again I guess to be fair I can understand.

I'm assuming Q became leader because Sue seemed to see Quinn as a golden child so to speak. Which led her to choosing Q as Captain and that just cemented her as leader of the group.

I really dislike the your problems are nothing because *insert whatever here*. It's not a measuring contest. I can have bad problems and so can someone else. Both problems are still valid.

Though I disagree about the racism part. I don't believe in reverse racism as from what I understand you can't be racist against a majority. (You can be prejudice though.) And white privilege does exist. However I don't think anything Sam called her fit. None of what was happening to her was "rich white girl problems". It wasn't like what happened at that Fyre Festival (or whatever it was called) recency ().

She had seriously self esteem issues and still does and got a nose job at an extremely early age. Then tried to hide who she use to be. She was pregnant at the age 15-16 and had to deal with everything that came with it. Including deciding to keep the baby or give her up. She had ****ty ass parents who seemed like they wanted her to be perfect and then kicked her out when they found out she was pregnant (or you know not perfect). Only gave her a few minutes to pack what little she could and didn't care. Never had any true friends (though not to say none of them didn't help her because they did but as mentioned they never got to stay that way). In S2 started dating Finn again and then went through crap with that. Because even though he acted like he was the one afraid of her cheating it's not like he has never cheated before. Plus still emotionally cheating on her with R. Then breaks up with her. Then in S3 well all that **** that went down that season. I already mentioned the Shelby and Beth bull**** so I won't again but all of that. So yeah his assessment of it being "rich white girl problems" is not true at all and doesn't fit. And the fact it's him that says is even more bull**** after she done helped his ass out.

That Mercedes thing just goes right along with the writers never letting Quinn and *insert name here* remain friends.

I don't think QR would have been great friends but I could have seen them coming to a mutual understanding of the other. Not friends but not enemies anymore either. And I don't necessarily mean frenemies either. Like co-workers or something. Like take acting for instance. Two actors who don't hate each other and will talk on set but won't call each other and/or hang out later. The writing for them was just not good or understanding. Like I get San/Q were frenemies and their stuff fit but with QR it was like one minute great friends and then the next not at all.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quinn sure did have crazy parents expecting her to be perfect, saccharin, and "free of sin." I have seen this happen before in real life.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

At least once Quinn's mom came back it wasn't like that. But of course we never really saw too much of Quinn's home life in general.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yup
Old 05-07-2017, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It will always suck they never fully explored things with Quinn.