Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2017, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It didn't get to happen that often.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Me neither, it seemed like the writers did not want her to be happy to much!
Old 04-24-2017, 12:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aw, a very cute Quinn smile. I don't have the ability to smile with my teeth and look attractive at the same time so of course Di/Quinn can do this effortlessly

So I was thinking the other night about Quinn and how let down we all felt when it came to her having little to no storylines and even the big storylines seemed to be the benefit of other chracters. If the show had paid a fair amount of attention to Quinn and her storylines, which ones do you guys think deserved more attention or maybe are there new/different storylines you would have loved to see tackled in general?

I feel like as for a storyline I feel needed to see explored more will probably always be her home life with her mom and dad. Sure, they threw her out when she was pregnant but then they had Q's mom come to see her performance at regionals saying how she left her dad and wanted Q to keep her grand baby! So what were we supposed to believe? That because Q gave up Beth that her mother no longer wanted to be there for Q and take of her? Or was it supposed to be assumed that her mom wouldn't have taken care of Q and Beth, that maybe Q thought she was the kind of mother to flake out on her promises? Or could it have been that Q just never wanted a relationship to her mother so she just didn't? Either way, it was frustrating not know.

As for new storyline, did the show ever explore the topic of rape? If not, I think Di would have killed this. And I would prefer the storyline to play out no later than season 3. In fact, I feel like season 3 could have been the best since she was lashing out and with that married "skater dude".
So in my mind it would happen like this: Quinn is either raped by another student at McKinley or the married skater guy does it when she tries to call off the relationship and he decides to assault her for this and he also "feels safe" because they were having a consensual relationship up until then.
The fallout would be that no one believes her, fellow students would be thinking "after all, she WAS a cheerleader who got pregnant by someone who wasn't the father and lied about it. There's just no way she could be raped! She's not the type of girl who this happens to." And then if it were the skater guy and Q turned him in and it went to trial, she would have to be badgered by the defense about what they had before being consensual.

My only issue with the new storyline is that didn't she say skater guy was 30 years old? If so then it wouldn't matter and he'd be in trouble for statutory rape. Also another issue would be that my idea is depressing, and Q seems to be victimized in her plots as it is. Maybe I'll try to think of another new storyline that's a little happier

Last edited by Erinღ; 04-25-2017 at 01:32 AM
Old 04-24-2017, 01:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the statement on how Dianna's character Quinn could have been improved in the series!
Old 04-25-2017, 01:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

So glad to hear you agree, Norman!
I also did come up with another storyline I would have loved to see Quinn face and it's not nearly as heavy as my last idea but I will wait to divulge this one until Heather has some time to read my first idea because I'd love to know her thoughts, also I'd love it if anyone else wanted to chime in and answer the discussion questions I posed as well! I know that with the show being over, these questions are "dead ends" and won't ever be a thing, but I still love to discuss what we would have liked better
Old 04-25-2017, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Same here!
Old 04-26-2017, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

This is a very interesting question and I love having discussions. I really do wish more discussions happened here. I get why they don't as the show is done (and has been for the most part even longer for Quinn) but it still sucks.

As for what you said I definitely think they should have explored Quinn's home life (will go more into this on my answer but want to respond to your stuff first).
I'm a little confused on what you're saying here though as during Regionals Quinn's mom wanted to take care of Quinn and Beth and did minus Beth (since Q gave her up for adoption of course).

From what I remember as far as her mom goes it showed (the episode where we first meet her/the dad) her mom did seem to care for Quinn but either loved her status more and/or was afraid to stand up and/or leave her husband.

Then she shows up at Regionals claiming she left her husband though she also reveals he was cheating on her. So it sort of comes off she left because he did something to her and not because she finally had enough and wanted to be there for her daughter. I mean I think she did want to be there for Q and Beth but leaving him then seemed more about her then really Q. But anyway she tells her she wants to be there for Quinn and the baby. I don't think she knew Quinn was giving up the baby at this point.

After that though Quinn's mom is around and her and Quinn live together. We get only little brief glances/mentions of this though. The ones I remember are (in no particular order) at prom (the first), during graduation, and while not seen Finn and Quinn briefly talk about her because Finn is afraid she'll come home and catch FQ together in bed.

As for the new storyline I wouldn't have wanted that at all. As you said Quinn went through enough **** I wouldn't have wanted to see/hear about her getting raped. Plus let's be honest the writers would have never done it in a well written way. They would have made it gross and exploitative and I'm sure we/Quinn would have had to hear how it was Quinn's fault.

Also I think the skater dude and married guy might be two different guys. I think the married guy was a professor at Yale and the skater dude happened between S2 and 3. Though I do think he was also older. And both were only used as comedy because hey let's not take on anything serious that's happening to Quinn (according to the writers).

Now as for my answers...

Quote:
If the show had paid a fair amount of attention to Quinn and her storylines, which ones do you guys think deserved more attention
When it comes to the canon stroylines...honestly... all of them. The writers had this problem of only surface level talking about Quinn's stuff and not ever fully exploring. Plus let's not forget her being used as a prop for FR. These are numbered how they pop into my head. Some cover the overall storyline and/or dynamic and some might only cover one season. Some topics might be in different numbers but could also go together but I just also wanted to highlight a particular one so also gave it it's own number.

1. I really wish they had went more into the relationships of FQ, PQ, FP and F/Q/P. Yes again we knew surface level stuff here but I really think exploring these dynamics and relationships should have happened. I think it could have really opened up the stories more and gave us more about the characters and why each reacted and did what they did. And how long did these 3 know each other?

Also it really annoys me off when it came to the cheating Quinn got so much ****. Sh e was wrong to cheat but she wasn't the only person who ****ed up. Finn wasn't exactly innocent either and was emotionally cheating and then physically cheating on Quinn. And even before people knew about Quinn cheating it was all bitch deserves it. Then when it was revealed about PQ "well she cheated what a ****ing horrible bitch". Also P was F's best friend and while he might have gotten some **** it was not to the extent of Quinn. And the show really played this up too.

2. The pregnancy storyline. For such a big overarching storyline of S1 the main things we got from it was it propping up FR and that is absolutely so frustrating. Yes we got some things that actually dealt with the people involved but even then it also seemed as a way to bring it right back around to FR. This storyline should have been about Q/F/P and to kinda go with number 1 up there should have explored more of their feelings and thought process over everything. They got a few things but not nearly enough. I also hated how Quinn was painted as this complete bitch well for all of this but also when it came to the adoption thing. P got painted in this great light but not Quinn. He came off as a saint and her a bitch and that also pissed me off. And Quinn should have come clean much earlier about the baby daddy. But of course that wouldn't happen because it was so ****ing obvious they never made Quinn tell Finn the truth so good ole Rachel could sweep him and tell him.

3. Her home life. It's kinda awful how they never explored much of this and there was so much to explore. Especially considering how conservative and religious her parents seemed and how Quinn always came off (especially in S1) about trying to be perfect. Perfect daughter, perfect Cheerio, etc. What we briefly see does help in my opinion to confirm this but it's something that so should have been explored so much more. We should have seen her parents before they found out she was pregnant. This could have given us more insight into Quinn and her thought process during the pregnancy.

4. The Unholy Trinity should have also been explored more in all the different dynamics. Yes BS got a ton of deeper thought put into their friendship and overall relationship but I wanted more from these 3. Kinda like with #1 how did these 3 meet? Cheerio tryouts? Before? How deep did their friendship really go? And Quinn seemed to be the leader but also left out quite a bit. Which I guess could be because of the BS stuff but still. Also it seemed one minute Quinn comes up with the dances but then apparently later it's Britney? As with everything more insight would have been nice.

5. FQ in S2. Again Quinn and FQ being used to prop FR. UGH! It's hard to enjoy FQ getting back together when we already know how it's going to end. So it's such a waste of time. We really don't even get to see them discuss and open up about what happened in S1. Talking to each other would have been great. But then if they did that they couldn't have Finn talk about how he can't trust her while he's off still having an emotional affair with Rachel. Only then to dump her for Rachel. Which brings me to..

6. Quinn's insecurities. OMG! This one really frustrates me. It's so obvious how low her self esteem is but holy **** is it pretty much ****ing ignored. We even have Kurt telling her nothing she went through was bad or hard to deal with. None of matter. Even had Sam calling her problems "rich white girl problems". And then made her go so overboard in S3 with the Beth/Shelby stuff but never explored why. And of course all anyone saw was crazy Quinn. And that is exactly how the writers wanted it. Holy ****ing **** this pisses me off!

7. Lucy Quinn Fabray. I am still so torn on this. Especially since again it was only used to prop Rachel's storyline and the main theme of the episode. Characters should not prop the plot. The plot should go with the characters. Plus not to mention again it's only surface level explored. Yes it shows us even more how insecure Quinn is and how ****ty her parents can be but we knew all this. Please give us more background. And no knowing she was bullied and then changed her know (at such a young age) is not enough. They give us one episode and then nothing else.

8. Accident/Wheelchair. Of course another bad thing happens to Quinn and of course it's for the most part ignored. The main thing we get from this is her going to therapy, her standing , and Artie/Quinn friendship. All of those things are great but as a running them hardly explored. They even time jump from the accident to what a couple moths later. We couldn't even get reactions or anything like that. Nope. Blaine's **** too important.

9. Her sexuality should have also been explored more. Her one off for ratings with Santana is annoying. Not because I don't think they should have done QS but because it was so obvious this was never meant to be anything other than a sweeps grab and that's frustrating. It should have been so much more than that. It should have been explored. Was this really a one off? Quinn experimenting? Or is she bisexual?

10. Her view on suicide. It never made sense to me. And I felt they only made her say that so Kurt could go off on her and Quinn could be seen as insensitive and a bitch. Now of they had went that way only to explore into it that she actually had contemplated suicide but on the surface was trying to appear she hadn't and been strong I could have liked that. But nope didn't happen. Again I just feel this was done to set up Kurt to bitch at her and tell her her problems aren't anything.

11. Brought this up briefly before but the Quinn/Beth/Shelby thing should have went totally different and/or explored more. Shelby did so much **** to Quinn and didn't give a **** about her feelings and yet Quinn was made to be the bad guy and crazy person in this. And I will forever be pissed. Why didn't they explore this more? Why wasn't it brought up how horrible it was for Shelby to just drop in without any warning. Not to say she couldn't live in Lima if she wanted but that was obviously not what was said during the adoption process. And while it seemed a sweet gesture trying to let let Quinn and P be close to Beth it's something they should have all discussed first. Just like if Quinn wanted to see Beth it's something she would need to discuss with Shelby first. This whole storyline was a damn mess and of course meant to **** with Quinn even more.

12. Quinn and getting to sing. She should have gotten way more songs than she did. And I'm talking all categories. Solos, duets, and groups. But especially solos. Getting only 5 out of the whole damn series is bull****. There were so many times she could have sung but they barely let her. And even had that Alex dude (or whoever it was that did the Glee music) say songs go with storylines and Quinn didn't have any at the moment. And this was during S3 with the Shelby stuff. So what?! I'll admit Quinn's storylines were usually surface level and her propping and etc but it was enough to have her sing. But even if we're going to go with she didn't have a storyline right then I mean hell so many others sung without plotlines so why couldn't she? Plus I have to bring up the Troubletones. Santana and Mercedes sang all the damn time so how did that fit them? Quinn and Tina should have been in that. Not to mention even though Shelby and Santana really didn't have much to do with each other except for the Troubletones they still got a duet.

13. It also bothers me how Quinn couldn't really have friends. Her and Britney weren't really close it seemed. Her and Santana were frenemies. Her and Rachel were whatever they wanted them to be at the time (though honestly I didn't ever see them actually being full fledged friends but still), Her and Finn never got too much beyond romantic relationship and what little we did see of their friendship was never really explored, and what we saw of the others she was friends seemed to go they start being friends and then it just gets dropped.

14. You know I could probably go on but this is getting super long so I'll stop there and basically a lot of it keeps coming down to how they should have explored all of her stuff more.

So moving on to...

Quote:
or maybe are there new/different storylines you would have loved to see tackled in general?
1. I really wish the pregnancy storyline hadn't happened at all. Then maybe just maybe we might have gotten more focus on Quinn herself straight from the beginning.

2. I really wish Jesse/Quinn had interacted more. And after the first prom it would have been the perfect opportunity since FR were being well FR. I really wish these two could have actually became friends (though I would have had no problem with them hooking up) and had at least 1 duet together.

3. I understand Quinn wasn't a main character anymore but when she did come back I wish they had explored more of her life at Yale. And not just the bull**** they mentioned about her and the professor.

4. There's probably more but I'm going to stop there. Again this whole post is super long and doing this at 3:48 am probably wasn't a good idea.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

They were never nice to Quinn!
Old 04-26-2017, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They really weren't.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Even the first season was not that kind to Quinn!
Old 04-27-2017, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah Quinn was treated horribly throughout.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

At least she got a good sendoff going to Yale!
Old 04-28-2017, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That wasn't really a send off as she appears again and of course give her crap.
Old 04-29-2017, 01:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

They chewed her up real good didn't they?
Old 04-29-2017, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes they did.