Old 05-14-2017, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Gorgeous!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-14-2017, 01:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

AHHH oh my god, I left my browser on a thread on the board when I fell asleep last night so I just now freaking looked at the thread and noticed the color difference and my initial reaction was "oh I must have posted on a board that I don't visit often" but then when I saw I was in the body thread I immediately went "OH MY GOD IT'S HERE IT'S HERE!! REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH THE PAGE HURRY UP!"

I won't lie - at first when I saw the shade of pink that you all used I was a little hesitant that it might end up looking too pink but was surprisingly dead wrong seeing how much the pink complimented the purples, muted blueish, this is so aesthetically pleasing to the eyes

Oh my gosh, so I'll start with just saying to the GT - you've done a beautiful job. You nailed it. The color of the buttons that say "post a new thread" and "reply to thread" is such a gorgeous muted blue/purple. I am so in love with muted tones because they not only tend to be most pleasing to the eyes, but also because it's not boring, it's quite perfect in all of it's simplicity

The Links - that shade of purple is again, such a nice shade. Although now that I'm looking at the links compared to the colors of those buttons I just mentioned - are they the same color? I'm thinking yes because they sure are similar if not the exact shade. My eyes also bad with colors a lot where I can confuse them

And now for the new banner. Heather made the right call when she brought them up because it's a gorgeous Dianna shoot (it's a top favorite of mine that's for sure) and the colors chosen for the board only compliments it. I'm impressed. This is a look that I see myself happy with for the next 4 years or so. Just, please know that you've yet again took in our requests and applied them to a color palette that works so thank you so much for this GT you are very much appreciated for your work and talent!
Old 05-14-2017, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Erin - You said everything I was thinking. I love this so much. And it really is very aesthetically pleasing.

And yes! The banner is so gorgeous and I love the mixture of colors in it in the bg and fit so well with the pics.

It makes me not want to leave the Dianna board. And when I do I just want to come back and keep looking at it.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

I KNOW! I am currently looking for a Dianna icon that would be so gorgeous with the colors (yes I think of this)
Old 05-14-2017, 02:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm actually looking for one too.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

So pretty
Old 05-14-2017, 03:07 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbled Pretty (View Post)
I KNOW! I am currently looking for a Dianna icon that would be so gorgeous with the colors (yes I think of this)
I can relate. When opening all the threads of board customizations, my only thought was "Damn, my icon looks so good on this board." at certain boards.

Quote:
Although now that I'm looking at the links compared to the colors of those buttons I just mentioned - are they the same color? I'm thinking yes because they sure are similar if not the exact shade. My eyes also bad with colors a lot where I can confuse them
I wish I could remember but I don't. I don't think so, there might be the slightest difference in them. I tend to avoid bring the colours back in a different element.
Old 05-14-2017, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Love the new colours and the banner is stunning
Old 05-14-2017, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by running wild (View Post)
I wish I could remember but I don't. I don't think so, there might be the slightest difference in them. I tend to avoid bring the colours back in a different element.
Haha no worries either way, I'm into the color.

Quote:
I can relate. When opening all the threads of board customizations, my only thought was "Damn, my icon looks so good on this board." at certain boards.
Freakin, YES exactly! I have always prayed that one day will be able to implement the option to have a custom icon you want for each board (or for 5-10 boards) like the way LJ does it but I know that's probably not an easy task and there might be a lot of confusion (in the beginning especially). I would have too much fun with this though too bad there's not like a "suggestion" thread (unless there is and I've just never came across it

Also, if you don't mind my asking; I know that when customizations are made by different GT members they hold up a vote, right? So does that mean only one GT member works on their own version or are they done as like a group project? If you aren't allowed to answer this I completely understand but I've always been curious!
Old 05-14-2017, 04:45 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

http://www.fanforum.com/f20/suggesti...-3-a-63082923/

Every team member makes at least 2 banners per round (which has 4 boards) individually, we comment on each other's work to make it better if needed and when the round is done, we collect all the banners per board in a poll and vote for our favourite. So it's done by one person.

Then they're all put in a list, and I make the actual customizations and send them to Leif (Goldenboy) when it's time for the customizations.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's really so pretty
Old 05-14-2017, 07:09 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Love the colour scheme here and the pictures used in the banner.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

(Erin and Heather, you super detailed comments are the world to us, seriously )
Old 05-14-2017, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Y'all deserve it. Everything is so amazing.