Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-14-2019, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles (View Post)
I feel like we must be getting something, why would they show Becca burning last year? And showing her on that magazine? Hopefully there's some whacko connection and backstory that they'll deliver to us this season.
I'd be shocked if we got it this season still. Outside of it having something to do with the season cliffhanger.
Old 07-14-2019, 04:49 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles (View Post)
I feel like we must be getting something, why would they show Becca burning last year? And showing her on that magazine? Hopefully there's some whacko connection and backstory that they'll deliver to us this season.
I'm gonna freaking RIOT if we don't eventually get some further tie-in with Becca and Cadogan both. Like the poster above, I don't know if they have time to bring it in this season, but we need answers, damn it.

And I think we're going to find out Diyoza had something to do with one or the other (or both!) of them before she was sent out on the Elegius mission, too. I'm disappointed that "the old man" wasn't Cadogan caught in the time anomaly after all, heh, but I'm willing to set it aside as long as we eventually find out more about him and he ties into present-day storyline somehow.
Old 07-14-2019, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
I'd be shocked if we got it this season still. Outside of it having something to do with the season cliffhanger.
I feel like we could get hints/some Easter eggs towards the finale and then it’s only revealed in the finale itself, leading into season 7.

It bugs me that we still don’t know what Rose was referring to as “home”.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 07-14-2019, 05:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)

Oh! I had forgotten about that! Yes, we need answers to this too!!
Old 07-14-2019, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm just curious if there's anyone here like me who does not care at all for more Becca/Cadogen backstory.
ICON
Old 07-14-2019, 08:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I just assumed she meant “home” to Earth. What makes you think it was something more complicated?
Old 07-14-2019, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought this was a decent episode. The Octavia stuff bored me a tad but I do like that we saw Pike again and we got to see some of the inner turmoil that Octavia is facing. It made me feel bad for her, which is good, because I haven't liked her in a long time.

The Kane actor was alright but idk. I wasnt feeling that SL too much. The whole thing was very anticlimactic? I am so happy to see Indra back tho!

I did really love all the bellamy/clarke stuff and was so glad to have her back if even for a little bit near the end of the episode. The Josephine voice is getting a bit annoying.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:58 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)
I just assumed she meant “home” to Earth. What makes you think it was something more complicated?
I also assumed she meant Earth, but it's possible they could throw a twist at us in the season finale or something.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
It just seems strange that the line was literally used as a cliffhanger to the episode, and not mean anything more than home = Earth?

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 07-15-2019, 04:23 PM
Passionate Fan

I just got back from vacation and finally got around to watching the episode. I haven't read anyone else's comments yet. Wanted to post my own thoughts then I'll go back and see what everyone else had to say.

First of all, INDRA! So happy to have her back. She was perfect. I liked how she understood where the Primes were coming from and that her people and Skaikru have committed their own atrocities. But ultimately she sided with Kane and helped him. I cried when she began the Traveler's Blessing.

And though I think the other actor did an excellent job portraying Kane it was so nice to have Henry Ian Cusick back for that final scene. Despite my frustrations with his character the last season or so it was wonderful to see him choose his end and in doing so a giant FRACK YOU to the primes.

Enjoyed seeing Octavia facing off with Pike and then herself. What made it so good was that it was all Octavia. Everything Pike said were things she knew. Octavia has been spending a lot of time hiding from herself. She needed to face her own truth. Made it more powerful than if just another speech from Bellamy. But absolutely loved that the person she wants to identify as is Bellamy's sister. Not to say Octavia can't be and isn't her own person. But Bellamy is integral to who she is. She wants to return to the her before all the pain that distanced them.

Probably least interesting to me was the scenes with Bellamy and Josephine. Mostly cause I just wanted her to shut up. Did they somehow lose all those gags they used to somehow manage to pull out of thin air? I was most happy when Josephine gave control back to Clarke. Then laughed when she expected Clarke to give control back.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:50 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
I just got back from vacation and finally got around to watching the episode. I haven't read anyone else's comments yet. Wanted to post my own thoughts then I'll go back and see what everyone else had to say.
Agree with EVERYTHING.

Quote:
Despite my frustrations with his character the last season or so it was wonderful to see [Kane] choose his end and in doing so a giant FRACK YOU to the primes.
Yes, yes, yes! I absolutely hated Kane last season. Hated him. And that really upset me, because Kane had been one of my very favorite characters. But his ending was perfect, and even though the younger actor was doing a bang up job it wouldn't have hit all the emotional high points that it did had they not had HIC do his final scene. *tears*
Old 07-15-2019, 07:48 PM
New Fan

Quote:
It just seems strange that the line was literally used as a cliffhanger to the episode, and not mean anything more than home = Earth?
I'm still waiting to find out about "home" too. I thought they were going to reveal the little girl had been kidnapped by the Primes from the CoG because she was nightblood, but that doesn't seem like it's panning out to be the case.

I also don't think home is Earth (unless poor writing), because it would be really weird for a little kid who has never been to a planet and whose parents & grandparents haven't even been to planet to think of that as home. And it would be really weird for the 1st question a little girl asks a set of strangers which she knows nothing and runs into at the place where she lives if they've come to take her to that planet.

ETA: I'd fit if their religion was around going "home" to Earth. Otherwise, it's like your grandparents moving from Russia to Canada. Then your own kid out of nowhere asking a stranger they run into in Canada if they were there to take you all "home" to Russia. It would be odd.

Last edited by Callea; 07-15-2019 at 08:03 PM
Old 07-15-2019, 08:32 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callea (View Post)

ETA: I'd fit if their religion was around going "home" to Earth. Otherwise, it's like your grandparents moving from Russia to Canada. Then your own kid out of nowhere asking a stranger they run into in Canada if they were there to take you all "home" to Russia. It would be odd.
Ha ha ha I was just thinking earlier it would be like an American kid today running into a Brit and asking if they were there to take her "home".
Old 07-16-2019, 09:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callea (View Post)
I also don't think home is Earth (unless poor writing), because it would be really weird for a little kid who has never been to a planet and whose parents & grandparents haven't even been to planet to think of that as home. And it would be really weird for the 1st question a little girl asks a set of strangers which she knows nothing and runs into at the place where she lives if they've come to take her to that planet.

Hmm, to me it's not weird at all to think that Earth would still be "home" for a small group of colonists struggling to survive on a hostile world, even after 200 years. I think that humans being from Earth is deeper and more integral to our identity than nationality. Think about all religions--don't most start (like the Bible) with a creation story explaining how Earth came came to be and how humans are part of it? (Adam made from the dust of the Earth, for example). And then all of human culture--all literature, film, art, etc with the exception of some sci fi--is set on Earth, naturally includes things like the moon, one sunrise, Earth animals and plants, and so if the colonists brought any movies or books or anything with them they'd constantly see references to earth stuff. We know they read (Earth) history books and know who Hitler, Bin Ladin, and Dyoza are, and that the Primes, their Ruler/Gods were all born on Earth and make references to Earth things (like Josephine referring to her new bod as a "Cadillac"). Actually I just now thought of this but the fact that language on Sanctum hasn't changed, whereas on Earth the grounders developed a whole new language, is likely due to the Primes' immortality--the original colonists still (sort of) alive, still speaking English as it was on Earth, keeping that memory fresh.

I thought the "home" reference wasn't a cliffhanger or plot hint, but rather a poignant note to end that episode. It hinted that all wasn't well in Sanctum, as those kids were longing to be brought home, but also for Earthkru (as I call them these days) it was a warning that you can't just forget your old home in making a new life in a new place. And doubly painful because of course they were all complicit in the destruction of humanity's first home.

Sorry to go on about this! One of the fascinating things about sci fi to me is to think what it might be like for humans to travel to other planets, and how it would change us to sever that connection to Earth as "home."
Old 07-16-2019, 11:32 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:

I thought the "home" reference wasn't a cliffhanger or plot hint, but rather a poignant note to end that episode. It hinted that all wasn't well in Sanctum, as those kids were longing to be brought home, but also for Earthkru (as I call them these days) it was a warning that you can't just forget your old home in making a new life in a new place. And doubly painful because of course they were all complicit in the destruction of humanity's first home.
Hmmm, you make good points!