Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-10-2019, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I think the scars was just to show us that they were moving from Greyston to Ian. And maybe as one last callback to past events with Kane.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:48 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
I think the scars was just to show us that they were moving from Greyston to Ian. And maybe as one last callback to past events with Kane.
I guess it's just funny to me because I never noticed the scars on Kane's body when he was alive and now they're this big symbol. I'm like, oh yeah... I guess a crucifixion would probably scar.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:41 AM
New Fan

A little late, but here's my thoughts. Please forgive typos.

Octavia: I'm disappointed we didn't find out what happened in the anomaly or happened to Dyoza. Glad to get old Octavia back. It felt rushed, but her Bloodreina version had already outstayed her welcome, so I'm fine with that resolving swiftly. Pike was put to good use here. I was glad to see that character go when Octavia killed him and had 0 interest in a Pike redemption arc, but it was good to see recognition that murder is still going to weigh on you even if the person you kill is a horrible person. It felt like new ground for Octavia to acknowledge that origin for Bloodreina. Where before she had been pinning the blame primarily on Abby.

Kane: I expected nuKane to stick around longer. I knew Kane wouldn't be ok with the body stealing, but I didn't think he would be willing to let that guy's sacrafice be for nothing and would stay to fight against the primes.

Kane definately didn't need to be in that airlock to float the nightblood. But it seemed like we're supposed to think he needed to be & thus sacrificed himself for the greater good. I find it too silly to buy that he needed to be in there though, so I choose to interpret that he considered himself dead already and wanted to end it before he either became like the primes and/or before he started to resent and hate Abby for doing that to him.

I think there was a lost opportunity to explore via Kane what part of the original mind lives on in those chips. Is it really the consciousness/soul/whatever transferring or is it just a digital copy of the original that's more like an AI that thinks it's the original. If Kane's original body had somehow been saved, would his consciousness still have been in it too? It seems like they've been suggesting the consciousness moves, but I think the idea of it being a copy is more interesting. (And if it is a copy, that would still leave the door open for og Kane to have been frozen and return via advanced medicine at a later point. Though I don't expect that to happen.)

It was touching goodbye to Kane, and I'm glad they used HIC for it.*

Clarke & Bellamy: I don't know if the show is pandering or if they're actually planning to go somewhere with Bellarke. I do think they've put it in on purpose since S1 because there are crumbs that are definitelty intentional that I didn't even notice until rewatching S1 after S3 -- like Bellamy's reaction to getting close to Clarke while he helps her shoot the gun.

I like the Bellarke stuff when they include it, but I'm not so invested in the ship that I'd be angry if they decided steer away from Bellarke if it was done believably.

Whatever they do, I just don't want it to be a contuation of this vague make-everyone-happy stuff all the way till the end. I've already watched a show like that. The show succeeded in not making any group mad with its ending. But it also felt disingenuous to me.

I feel jerked around as a viewer by this ep. Bellamy is supposedly in a strong relationship with Echo, but acts like he's in love with Clarke. Ok. This could be setup for some relationship drama, but this show so far hasn't seemed like it's willing to commit to that. So I don't expect anything to come of it. After this ep, if they don't follow up soon on the feelings between Bellamy & Clarke in some tangibkr way, I'm just going to be annoyed next time they stick in a blantantly romantic Bellarke scene. If all is peqchy with Bellamy & Echo after these scenes, I'm also going to be annoyed. Show, if you want to sell me on a ship for Bellamy, pick one and do it effectively. What you're doing now is confusing. I'm not a masochist and have been burned by caring about characters with this treatment before, so if I can't tell what story you're telling, I'm going to stop caring about that story.
Old 07-11-2019, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Old 07-11-2019, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for your thoughts, Callea!

And thanks Kate, will check that out now.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:32 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
Seriously though, based on what we've seen of their relationship and the kind of person Josephine is, I cannot bring myself to believe or care that Gabriel is conflicted about her. She's not likable. She's a horrid person. He seems smart and didn't seem all that into her in that one early flashback we got. Why would he still be not be over her after hundreds of years???
A THOUSAND times this! I could understand Original Recipe Gabriel being infatuated with Josephine, especially since she was laying on the flirtation and pursuing him pretty heavily, but he would have figured out how much of a train wreck she really was a LONG time ago.

Even more unbelievable was Josephine-via-Clarke saying she'd been in love with Gabriel for 236 years. B!tch, please. I have seen zero indication over the past nine episodes that you even know what the word 'love' means, much less ever really felt that way about Gabriel, much MUCH less still do.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey, Callea! Welcome back. I enjoyed reading your thoughts. I’m so glad they used HIC for the sendoff, too.

Clarke is nipping at Murphy’s heels on my favorites list, you guys.
ICON
Old 07-11-2019, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I’m really glad that HIC was in that final scene too, that scene would have lost some emotional bite if he wasn’t. And honestly, I felt worse for Indra losing Kane than Abby losing Kane.

Thoughts on this?

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 07-11-2019, 06:10 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
A THOUSAND times this! I could understand Original Recipe Gabriel being infatuated with Josephine, especially since she was laying on the flirtation and pursuing him pretty heavily, but he would have figured out how much of a train wreck she really was a LONG time ago.

Even more unbelievable was Josephine-via-Clarke saying she'd been in love with Gabriel for 236 years. B!tch, please. I have seen zero indication over the past nine episodes that you even know what the word 'love' means, much less ever really felt that way about Gabriel, much MUCH less still do.
I'm gonna be side-eyeing this show really hard if they try to sell us Jobriel as a real relationship to root for. It really seems to me like they've been framing Josephine as a manipulative, murderous, and narcissistic sociopath, so it's hard to believe that she could ever truly love anyone other than herself. And they made a point of telling us that Gabriel desires AND fears her. It's not a healthy, viable romantic situation. But we'll see... I wouldn't put it past these writers to switch gears and try to sell us this garbage as true love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
I’m really glad that HIC was in that final scene too, that scene would have lost some emotional bite if he wasn’t. And honestly, I felt worse for Indra losing Kane than Abby losing Kane.

Thoughts on this?

I think there's definitely something going on there with that pattern on the poster that mimics the layout of the fields around Sanctum. There was that theory a while back on twitter that made some vague connections with that pattern, DNA, and the whole purification of blood concept that Josephine is so big on.

But I'm skeptical that this has anything explicit to do with Bill Cadogan or Becca. They were on Earth doing weird stuff with the Flame and were never in contact with the people on Sanctum as they were inventing the Primes cult. Whatever the connection is, it would have to go all the way back to Earth before the apocalypse. There seemed to be issues with water rationing and some sort of dust bowl situation. Maybe the nightblood was originally created to help people cope with whatever changes were happening on Earth and then got repurposed into use for space travel and for mind drives and flames and stuff (because nightblood does literally everything on this show.) So the concept of nightbloods being genetically superior may go all the way back to Earth and might even connect with the fascist government Diyoza was supposedly fighting against.

I don't know... all I know is that we need way more info about that stuff. It's way more interesting to me than Abby or Clarke or Bellamy or Madi or Raven... Basically I think it's time to cancel this show and do a prequel that focuses on Earth before the apocalypse with Diyoza as the protagonist.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Late to the party. This has been my favorite S 6 episode. Things are starting to come together. Everyone was so good.

My thoughts by character/storyline.

Abby
She just falls deeper into the abyss of bad decisions. I can't even hate her. Both of the men she loves have floated, in large part because of her. All this talk from her and Kane about finding their humanity again. I really doubt that it is possible for her now. And she still has no idea what happened to her daughter. When and if she does find out, will she even have enough fight left in her? Everything she had was poured into saving Marcus, as if that could wash away all that happened in the bunker. Octavia isn't the only one who has been in denial about guilt. Kudos to Paige for that last scene with HIC. She brought it.

Kane
There was no way he was gonna let the body swap stand. Not the guy who went to the pit to stand up for what's right. I think the floating was full circle for him and a very poignant and fitting end. He went out a hero. Kudos to Greyston Holt for having the subtleties of Kane down. So glad we got to say goodbye to Kane with HIC. He along with Isaiah Washington brought gravitas to this little CW show. I just wish Kane could have shared one scene with Bellamy over the last season and a half. As always, HIC was awesome. I will miss him and his luxurious main.

Indra
Took about two minutes to find out what's what and handled things like a boss. I was so glad that she was there to send off her friend. I loved her relationship with Kane. Such respect between them. I thought I saw tears in her eyes as she opened the hatch. Adina Porter is such a talent. Just set Indra, Octavia, and Echo loose on Sanctum and watch the whole regime fall. It would be all over in about an hour. Fifteen minutes if we added Diyoza to the mix.

Raven
So Kane has passed the baton of moral conscience to Raven now. Not really feeling it. After not having much of a storyline, I suppose they needed to give her something to do. Besides bitch people out, that is. And Raven still has no idea what happened to Clarke or anything else going on in Sanctum. She’s usually the character with the most knowledge about the situation. It will be interesting to see how she reacts when she finds out what is actually going down.

Niylah with a gun. Alright. Simone looking like someone slapped her. Even better.

Octavia
Her journey to redemption has begun. To be honest, I was getting tired of seeing her wallow in self pity and self loathing. Loved, loved, loved that it was Pike of all people to get her to face things. She killed him just as he was starting on his road to redemption. Great writng and acting in their scene. It was cool how Marie looked so young and almost innocent as she was planning to ride off and save the day. Looking forward to seeing her kick butt for the right reasons.

Pike
I mostly lurked on forums back in S3. I never liked Pike, but, I understood why he felt and reacted the way he did. It was so fitting that his death (murder, really) is what started Octavia on her slide into the dark. Mike Beach is such an intense actor. I enjoyed every line of his scenes with Marie.

Gabriel
I'm still piecing together what this guy is really after. He seems to still have a soft spot for Josephine, so, it will be interesting when Clarke shows up there. I had to laugh when he was almost pouting about Octavia not remembering what happened in the anomaly. He seems as obsessed with finding out what happened there, as he was in saving Jo. I don't 100% trust him.

And what the hell happened to Diyoza? She's been gone for a while. That kid should be a tween by now.

Clarkephine
So they can see each other outside of the mind space now. That can't be good, especially for Josephine. A pissed off Clarke is not to be messed with. It sounds like she's gonna pull a Raven and be left with a few extra talents. Like she needs those. I'm sure they will be helpful somehow in saving the day. And she can suddenly fight really well, too. Clarke is awesome enough without turning her into Wonder Woman. After the way things were in the beginning of the season, I was really hoping that everyone else would rally to save her this time. Eliza is tearing it up playing two parts. She looks like she's having a blast.

Bellamy
Confident Bellamy is everything. I miss that Bellamy. So he lets himself loose and goes wandering through the maneating forest to find Clarke. I really hope they don't have Octavia save him from the trees. Would love to see the script directions for what he was supposed to be thinking when he said "I won't let you die". Good lord that was a long pause before that came out. About 15 emotions flew across his face there. We know, Bellamy. Everybody knows, hun. Bob Morley always kills those soft scenes. He has wonderfully expressive eyes.

Because it must be said, Eliza and Bob are riveting to watch on screen. They just have it.

Last edited by Modo1013; 07-11-2019 at 07:15 PM
Old 07-11-2019, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's going to really bug me if we don't find out more about Cadogan and those posters, Becca, etc. Unless they're saving that for a prequel, but tbh at this point I'd rather just find out in the show The 100.

Old 07-11-2019, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, episode stills? I try to avoid those. Wouldn’t mind having them under the cut, if possible.

Modo, yes, I’m so bummed season 4 was the last time we saw Bellamy and Kane interact. And I love that you used “everybody knows” in the Bellamy section.

I really hope they’re not going to try to have Raven step into the Kane role now. It comes off as preach and sanctimonious from her, but Kane . . . that was is well-earned redemption..
ICON
Old 07-12-2019, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I also want more of the Becca and Cadogen stuff. He burns her at the steak is not a good place to leave us.

That's definitely not a role Raven is fit for.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles (View Post)
It's going to really bug me if we don't find out more about Cadogan and those posters, Becca, etc. Unless they're saving that for a prequel, but tbh at this point I'd rather just find out in the show The 100.
Yup, honestly I wouldn't be that interested in a prequel because it's this cast of characters that made me love the show in the first place ... but the Cadogan backstory would be an interesting one to explore in this show itself.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 07-14-2019, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel like we must be getting something, why would they show Becca burning last year? And showing her on that magazine? Hopefully there's some whacko connection and backstory that they'll deliver to us this season.