1. Octavia
2. Murphy
3. Clarke/Josie
4. Bellamy
5. Echo and Emori
Old 06-29-2019, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by polaris (View Post)
Best Story Arc isn't the same as character development imo? A Story Arc could be Murphy's Immortality story in season 6 or Octavia's journey to becoming a grounder in season 2 or Raven's need to survive in season 4. It might not be about the development as a whole, just a particular story arc you enjoyed that character was in. It doesn't mean it actually needs to have had an enormous impact on the character, you might've enjoyed it for different reasons.
Ah, see now if we go based on that - like a particular season story arc, picking between the Osleya or Skairipa or Blodreina arcs as opposed to Octavia’s entire story, for example, that changes how I would rank things completely. I’ll have to think about this.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 06-29-2019, 12:03 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by polaris (View Post)
Best Story Arc isn't the same as character development imo? A Story Arc could be Murphy's Immortality story in season 6 or Octavia's journey to becoming a grounder in season 2 or Raven's need to survive in season 4. It might not be about the development as a whole, just a particular story arc you enjoyed that character was in. It doesn't mean it actually needs to have had an enormous impact on the character, you might've enjoyed it for different reasons.
Okay, maybe we're confusing things by calling it "best character story arc" because that's conflating multliple things. If you want it to be just "favorite story arc," then that's different. But the way it's worded right now comes across to me as being about character arcs, which imo is the same thing as character development.

It's hard to pick favorite character story arcs because some of my favorite story arcs might be about the same character. It might make more sense to either do favorite story arcs in general or do our favorite arcs for one character at a time. Like everybody's favorite Clarke storylines. Do you see what I mean?
Old 06-29-2019, 12:48 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Please remember that my comment was just a suggestion, we definitely don't need to do it if you all think it's too confusing or not specific enough. Seriously, I was just putting it out there. But I'll leaving the choice of topic up to you all.
Old 06-29-2019, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Everyone’s free to interpret the topic as how they want. So I say answer the topic based on your interpretation of what Best Story Arc is, to you. Let’s not over complicate matters in here.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-29-2019, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If we’re going to do that, then yeah, let’s make sure it’s different than Character Development. Story arc is more clear. Or maybe just storyline. I also like idea of maybe narrowing it down to storylines for a specific character, or maybe in a specific season. It will make it way easier to compile.
ICON
Old 06-29-2019, 01:27 PM
Total Fan

If you guys are open to just having people rank things willy-nilly and not even have a clear topic agreed on, then that's up to you. It's your world. I'm just making suggestions based on the fact that I gave my list, explained my choices, and then got told by polaris that I misunderstood what she meant the topic to be??? So......
Old 06-29-2019, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like having a specific topic chosen at a time. I do think we should make this one a little more specific, though, if possible.
ICON
Old 06-29-2019, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m interpreting this as “Octavia’s descent into darkness arc” or “Bellamy’s redemption arc” or “Jasper’s PTSD arc” basically taking one part of their journey that is your favourite etc

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-29-2019, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's how I interpreted it too, Becks.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 06-29-2019, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by a little chaos (View Post)
I’m interpreting this as “Octavia’s descent into darkness arc” or “Bellamy’s redemption arc” or “Jasper’s PTSD arc” basically taking one part of their journey that is your favourite etc
That’s a really good way to think of it.

So for those who already posted a list, do you want to revisit it? That way they can be included when we compile?

This is hard for me to do this topic right now because I feel like I need to see how the season 6 storylines all play out.
ICON
Old 06-29-2019, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I pretty much have mine, but I’m going to wait until I’m off work to put it together as I’ll do a pretty one.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-29-2019, 01:56 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
That's a different list for me for sure. I'm not sure I can breakdown characters' entire arcs into little bite sized segments like that, though.

Last edited by Fuzzy Dunlop; 06-29-2019 at 02:02 PM
Old 06-29-2019, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
Okay, so to me that is still "character arcs" and therefore my list is unchanged.
That’s cool can you elaborate on your Echo choice cause I’m interested

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-29-2019, 02:06 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
That’s cool can you elaborate on your Echo choice cause I’m interested
I changed my mind and I think my list is actually really different. Or maybe even impossible. Like I can only think of like 2-3 "character story arcs" that jump out as being really good. It just doesn't make sense to me because it seems like I would have different lists for each character, so the whole thing is just weird and comparing apples and oranges to me. Like I'm ranking at least two different variables at the same time.

I grouped Echo and Emori together because they're both grounders who went into space and basically had to relearn everything and figure out how to fit in with this other group of people. They were 100% fish out of water, but they both thrived. And I think that's really cool. The specifics of how they changed and developed in space are different, but the general idea is similar.