3. Bellamy Blake

4. Marcus Kane

5. Raven Reyes
Old 08-03-2017, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 (View Post)
It's a shame, that we can't see any Broan in S5
I really thought that we would get more of them.

Great list, Marie! And haha, I might go down the lazy route too.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 08-03-2017, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Kane is a better person but we didnt see it develop....

and I dont think Raven has changed much at all since the start. To me shes one of the few that actually seems very similar to how she started.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I think Kane is a better person but we didnt see it develop...
In my view, I've seen it. But I've seen it more with Bellamy.

Quote:
and I dont think Raven has changed much at all since the start. To me shes one of the few that actually seems very similar to how she started.
I think Raven hasn't changed as much as some of the rest of them. But I put her on my honorable mentions because her disability has forced her to re-evaluate some things about herself, to the point where she even succumbed to ALIE in season three.
ICON
Old 08-03-2017, 09:23 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I think Raven hasn't changed as much as some of the rest of them. But I put her on my honorable mentions because her disability has forced her to re-evaluate some things about herself, to the point where she even succumbed to ALIE in season three.
Yeah, I put her on my list for basically the same reason. For her it's not that she changed a lot but more that she has had to adjust and fight to overcome limitations from her leg and then the effects of the chip. I still consider that development
Old 08-04-2017, 01:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

I dont know if I see that as character development. I mean, every character is going to change somehow on the show. Thats just how it works. With everyone in life and every character. Things happen to them (like Raven's injury) that change how they act/feel in certain situations. But to say that Raven changed and developed as a person? IDK, ive not really see that. I saw her as a very strong, bad ass woman in the first season that didn't take anyones crap and that always got things done. And shes still that same person.

Quote:
In my view, I've seen it.
How? What scenes? To me he was ass in season 1 and the start of 2 then suddenly he started acting like a nice guy. It was weird. And one of my biggest gripes with his character actually and why its been so hard for me to warm up to him. Like, he literally had them lash Abby and almost floated her and shes still with him now, its just too hard for me to get past really.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think that all of the characters have had developments but the way that it's done may not be executed/fleshed out in the same way ... and that there's different "angies" taken in terms of their areas of development. If that makes sense. I personally think that Raven's had personal growth and development in terms of letting people in and embracing her pain instead of having to suppress/hide it.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 08-04-2017, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I dont know if I see that as character development. I mean, every character is going to change somehow on the show. Thats just how it works. With everyone in life and every character. Things happen to them (like Raven's injury) that change how they act/feel in certain situations. But to say that Raven changed and developed as a person? IDK, ive not really see that. I saw her as a very strong, bad ass woman in the first season that didn't take anyones crap and that always got things done. And shes still that same person.
Yeah, I do think Raven is still very strong and badass like she was at the beginning. I think change, by definition, is development, as it can be either the character making positive or negative changes to their personality, their actions, their beliefs, etc. But I don't feel like Raven has changed as much as the other characters, hence the reason why I only put her as a honorable mention.

Quote:
How? What scenes? To me he was ass in season 1 and the start of 2 then suddenly he started acting like a nice guy. It was weird. And one of my biggest gripes with his character actually and why its been so hard for me to warm up to him. Like, he literally had them lash Abby and almost floated her and shes still with him now, its just too hard for me to get past really.
Yeah, I don't like the shock-lashing, and I feel like that was never really addressed very well between him and Abby.

To me, though, after the culling in season 1, that's where I start to see a lot of the changes in his personality, setting up the stage for season 2. He had some scenes with his mother and with Jaha that showed just how guilty he felt about being the one to push for the culling. He was willing to sacrifice himself until Jaha did it. Considering this was the same guy who said he was willing to take him and that other woman down to a "cosmic Adam and Eve" if he had to, I'd say that's development.

I did only put him at #5 on my list, though, Alexa. But I guess I just view the character differently than you, so that's okay.
ICON
Old 08-04-2017, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

No you made some decent points. The scenes you are referencing I dont remember that well, but probably because Kane really doesnt invoke a lot of emotion from me so I probably didn't pay attention to them as much as I should. I do think he had development, obviously, as he is a changed man, I just wish we got to see MORE of it. To me that is weak development.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, if you don't really like the character all that much, his development certainly won't resonate with you as much as it does with me. That makes sense.
ICON
Old 08-04-2017, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

TOP 5 Character Developments
(FOR ALEXA)

#01. John Murphy
I know a lot of people probably wont agree with this one because they felt that Murphy's
development was skipped over but I have to disagree. Maybe I am a little biased because
obviously I adore Murphy's humor and resilience. In season 1 we saw a guy that clearly
didn't care about anyone else but himself and was willing to do whatever he could to get
ahead. But the Murphy that we see now is someone that clearly cares for others, even if
it's difficult for him to openly admit it. He has helped the members of skaikru on numerous
occasions and shows very obviously to have a heart deep down. The thing that I love most
about his development though is that it came slowly IMO. A lot of the characters hated him
in season 1, obviously, and then didn't really trust him in season 2, but knew that they had
to keep him around. By season 3 he was still not 100% cleared in their eyes but he did a lot
to prove himself to everyone and earned a spot among the group. Season 4 was his best
season yet and even though he was still his smarmy, sarcastic, selfish self he also had
some really amazing moments. I love that he's grown but not completely changed.

#02. Bellamy Blake
Bellamy's development is similar in my eyes to Murphy's except for the fact that he
obviously didn't start out as "bad" as Murphy did. And his good side came out a lot quicker
but we still got to see it develop. He was a very "polarizing" character in the first season but
slowly became the leader of the group and in season 2 he grew into such an amazing person
To this day season 2 Bellamy is my favorite. I love how he helped other people out and
stepped in when he needed to for the good of the group. Obviously he made some horrible
mistakes in season 3, but he's shown in season 4 deep remorse for his actions and to me
that shows that his development is ever evolving because he didn't just forget about the
horrible things that the did. He is still dwelling on them and trying to move on from them.

#03. Finn Collins
Finn was a character that I never got attached to but I do think his journey is
one of the more interesting journeys on the show, as sad as it ended. In season 1 Finn
just annoyed me. He came off charming at times and funny at times but for the most part
seemed pretty bland and useless as a character that was mostly there to be a love interst
for Clarke. He didn't really interest me and as April says I was "finndifferent" to him. But i
loved where they took his character in season 2. Even thought he was difficult to watch
and obviously acted horrible, I really enjoyed seeing his descent into madness. The actual
shift in personality came on a bit suddenly but I felt the way they developed it through
the episodes was pretty strong to watch and seeing it all come to a head in 208 was super
riveting. It was one of the most enjoyable episodes for me in the series and even though
his death was unfortunate it was very poignant and necessary to the plot.

#04. Clarke Griffin
I wasn't really that sure who to put for the last two choices but April convinced me that Clarke
deserved to be on this list because on a personal level, I do love the development for her.
Clarke has always been the leader of the show and a very strong character but she did start
out as a Mary Sue type of character that never did any wrong. I never completely warmed up
to her and in season 2 I remember being very annoyed with how she was being portrayed.
She seemed to always have the answers and always do the right thing and it was frustrating
to watch. By season 3 I think they finally started to figure out her character. I loved that she
started to cross the line a bit in terms of right and wrong and that she is now on some viewer's
bad sides with the decisions that she makes. Even though she is far more controversial than
before she makes for a much more enjoyable and flawed character.

#05. Octavia Blake
I said before I wasn't going to put Octavia on my list but I honestly couldn't think of someone
else that would fit in this spot. Most of the other characters imo stayed relatively the same as
when they started, or their development was there but I simply just didn't care for it. I have
admitted before that i actually prefer the season 1 Octavia to the Octavia that we have
now, but I do believe that the Octavia we saw in season 2 was a more developed version
of the Octavia we knew in season 1. In season 1 she seemed to have a lot of life in her
and was very outgoing and optimistic and light. But by season 2 she has grown and changed
a lot. I still think it was for the better. it was nice to see her caring about more important things.
It was nice to see her love story with Lincoln develop. It was nice to see her try to understand
the grounders and become the warrior that she is. I dont necessarily love the person that
she's changed into because shes become so much darker and angrier, but I do like the
fighter in her and that she can stand up for herself. I do like that she does what shes thinks
is best and doesn't take anyones crap. I just hope she can find that balance somewhere
down the line and continue to develop.

Old 08-04-2017, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, wow, I totally disregarded Finn. That's an interesting choice - his development was so negative, but at the same time it was almost necessary development. Even if it got him killed, it was realistic for a peacekeeper type like Finn to be moved to those drastic measures. He couldn't have stayed that peacemaking pacifist forever.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 08-04-2017, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, Alexa, Murphy's doing quite well.

Wow, your Finn inclusion threw me for a loop, ngl. While I think his descent into madness was incredibly fast, I do agree that it was quite riveting stuff in season two. I don't know that he was ever necessarily a very fleshed-out character to begin with in season one, which is why I didn't include him, but his season two storyline is definitely one of the most memorable ones on the show.

And I like what you said about Clarke's controversy and flaws. We feel the same about that.
ICON
Old 08-04-2017, 11:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm very surprised about Finn's inclusion too. But that's an interesting choice/reasons, Alexa. I agree with this:

Quote:
It was one of the most enjoyable episodes for me in the series and even though his death was unfortunate it was very poignant and necessary to the plot.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 08-04-2017, 11:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, "Spacewalker" is definitely one of the best episodes. HUGE turning point in the series.
ICON