Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2017, 01:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasskit (View Post)

Octavia is surely immortal now.

Nilyah should be happy she was with Octavia when it happened.
I guess that's it!
Old 03-06-2017, 02:00 PM
Total Fan

This is why she looks at the sky very often
She has to pact with someone there high for saved her life ah ah
Old 03-07-2017, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
Pretty solid episode with some standout moments, IMO. Raven's mind floating around collecting ideas while her body went into seizure was awesome and terrifying all at once. It reminded me way too much of "out of body" experiences people have when they die for a brief time.

Bellamy's emotion when he realized Arkadia being warned meant Octavia was still alive was perfect. Made me tear up. Thank goodness that was really the case and it wasn't just that someone else had managed to escape and warn them, heh.

Have they really only been shoving Riley down our throats all this time so we would care when he went rogue and tried to assassinate Roan? If so, it didn't work. I was hoping Echo would shoot him despite Bellamy's protests.

So Harper and Monty are both back on good terms with Clarke now? Feels a bit rushed. Not that I want them pulling a Jasper and stomping around pouting for a full season, but they just found out she had left them off the list of people who are allowed to live beyond the next couple of months. I expected more of an attitude from them.
I loved the moment too, it had that otherworldy feel to it and I loved that subtle throwback to Raven in season 1, doing her spacewalk.

Loved that part where Bellamy pieces it together that Octavia is alive too … he was so relieved and Bob played that emotion so subtly well. Though I have to still say that I would have liked to see the potential angst that could have arose from Bellamy NOT knowing about Octavia for a wee bit longer.

Thirded, I was just rooting for Echo to shoot him at that point.

I don’t think they’re a-okay with her yet … just that they put aside whatever differences they had for that one moment. Particularly Monty, I don’t think this will be resolved so easily. Though he did already say to Clarke that he understood why he wasn’t on the list (still think it’s insane that Octavia is on it, and Monty isn’t though ), he was mostly mad at her for hiding the truth from the others.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 03-07-2017, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess I don't have to make a new episode discussion thread yet (for the next episode)

Old 03-07-2017, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nope, not just yet. I still haven't commented on some posts so that's good, I suppose.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 03-08-2017, 08:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl under the floor (View Post)
Well, tbf, Ilian doesn't know about the radiation coming. We can say that Octavia would've had time to explain to him, but that would've been a lot of explaining right there in that situation.
I guess what I am trying to say is that it's one sentence that would take maybe 5 seconds to say about the Ark being their only way of survival. That one sentence could have given them a little bit more time to make him pause and think about what he was doing.

Octavia didn't have to say it was only for 100 people. She could have omitted that part and just simply said, "This Ark is our only chance at survival from the radiation that will kill everyone." He would have asked questions, which would then buy them more time to explain further on it.

She knew that Clarke was trying to figure out another way to save everyone; not just them and she could have mentioned that to soften the blow of the Ark plan that will only save 100 of her people. I don't know. It could have either made him stop or it could have triggered him further and continue on what he was doing.

I guess it just bothered me that Octavia didn't even argue with him enough and that in the end, it just made her look dull and threw in the towel too early. It was probably the only thing that bugged me about the episode. I mean, I get why the Ark had to be destroyed, just wish they found a better way.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Dp

Last edited by girl under the floor; 03-08-2017 at 10:33 AM
Old 03-08-2017, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Agree to disagree

Octavia had just been unconscious, almost dead, I don't blame her for not thinking clearly. And even if she was thinking clearly, I don't blame her for not lying. Since, Octavia is not really one to lie or withhold truth.
Obviously Niylah didn't know, so she couldn't say anything.
Also, I'm not convinced that Ilian would've stopped and asked questions
He could be like Echo who's first response is always: "they're lying" and do it anyway.

I've already had a bit of problems with stuff happening so far this season, but this is one that I actually thought they handled well.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

Hm, I tend to think more along the lines of what Paula is saying, too.
Doubtful that Ilian would have been very interested in explanations, given his history and mindset shown so far

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 03-08-2017, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I totally agree that normally it would make sense for Octavia to say something about the ark being their only hope of survival. I think that probably she was too weak/confused still, but if that was the case then don't even bother having her in the room with Ilian. I know she followed him to stop him, but she...followed him to stop him. If she could make it to the room and tell others what he was doing, then I think she could have mentioned something about that the ark being super duper important

On the other hand, I agree that Ilian is being portrayed to us as someone who doesn't GAF because of what happened with his family, so I can see him ignoring her regardless and just doing his thang. I'm on the fence

Old 03-12-2017, 01:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

My reply to Kate's post are about a billion years late but anyway :

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanIcallYouKate (View Post)
I loved leader mode Clarke, being cool headed in a crises once again, giving orders, delegating and saving Octavia without breaking a sweat.
I loved that she has complete authority and I love that Monty backed her up without hesitation, even after everything that went down in the last episode!

The whole blood handshake is so unsanitary. All these people must have amazing immune systems

Raven had a stroke and it could/will kill her. And maybe Abby too? omg
I need some time to digest that...

Also I have to keep wondering how everyone always knows where everything is. So Ilian knows where Arkadia is? Fine
Yes, I loved how she looked a lot more self-assured than she did in the last episode. Convincing crowds are definitely not her strong point ... she does better when it comes to one-on-one persuasion ... sessions.

I like that Monty put his personal feelings aside for the moment. It's clear that he's still not happy with Clarke but when they're on a mission, they have to do what is needed to be done and not let personal feelings get in the way.

Ewww yes. I'm super anal about cleanliness so the blood pact thing grossed me out. Though it is cool and all.

Yeah, I'm still in denial about Raven/Abby. I'm hoping this is just a fake-out and that we'll be worried about them dying at the end of the season, but that it ultimately won't happen.

I wondered that too. Maybe, news about where Arkadia is is a known fact amongst most Grounders by now and/or he got the information from someone? Or he Wazed it there? (ignore me, I'm just being silly now)

Quote:
Spot on, Kenni. It makes me think that this somehow was the last link to their past as SkyPeople. They are truly a grounder clan now.

Obviously the science is nonsense TV science. For example that pretty rotating molecule they show on the computer screen that they keep referring to as RNA? It's a DNA molecule But nevermind, I guess 99.9% of people wouldn't care. All the talk about cells and proteins is pretty much non sensical too

I don't even know why they went there. Radiation damages DNA, so if you want to counteract it, you would target DNA repair proteins. That would be the most effective way.

But ok, theoretically it is possible to create something in zero G and once the reaction you're trying to achieve has happened, you could take a stable compound back to earth's gravity and have it work for people. What they are trying to make is the serum Becca brought down to create the first nightbloods, so at least that is consistent (even if all the sciencey talk behind it is rubbish ).

Not that anybody here probably cares. But if you want to make someone immune to radiation you need to integrate genes or artificial DNA sequences into their genome (a retro-virus would be most efficient to achieve this) that will in turn generate proteins that help (continuously!) to repair DNA damage (this needs to happen in all cells, not just blood cells. Which is why the whole someone's blood can fix radiation damage is a bit meh on the science front but whatevs ). Why you would need zero G for that, I have no clue But fine, I can accept that.
They really are. A full circle moment to the whole "We are grounders!" speech that Bellamy did in the season 1 finale.

A lot of these science-related terms flies about my head but that is pretty interesting ... thanks for explaining it to us, Kate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
I think that probably she was too weak/confused still, but if that was the case then don't even bother having her in the room with Ilian. I know she followed him to stop him, but she...followed him to stop him. If she could make it to the room and tell others what he was doing, then I think she could have mentioned something about that the ark being super duper important
Agreed, the way they went about it was weak but I think what they were trying to do there is a complete twist to what we THINK should have happened ... like we all thought that Octavia might be in time to save the day but OOPS, you thought wrong. They're totally screwed now. I do like that but really, it should be done in a way that makes more sense.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-12-2017, 02:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Echo speaks for us all.

Old 06-12-2017, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bahahaha that will never get old

Old 06-13-2017, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Echo's expression says it all. The whole Riley thing still baffles me.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 08-01-2017, 12:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

I really loved Riley in this episode, what did Bellamy think with, it really botheres me that he has wen't from season 3 caring about people and showing empathy to a pscyhopath showing no care what so ever (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jEtzkl_rlw)

I really hate psychopath Bellamy

Clarke is not the sharpest tool in the shred, she was going to leave Trikruu out of the list and stabb them in the back

Last edited by adam23089; 08-01-2017 at 12:49 AM