Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2016, 11:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, Bob, wow!
I just can't agree with everything Bellamy does, but the ending gave me hope that he will start making good choices again soon.

Harper wins!
"Let's just shock baton Pike's *** and hand him to the Grounders."

YES Raven! I'm so happy she is so strong.

To me as a viewer Lincoln attacking Sinclair seemed so obvious that I was surprised Bellamy didn't see through it. And of course Bellamy was hitting a random person instead of Lincoln or Pike

Loved the episode! One I will rewatch for sure.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I knew the second Lincoln started pounding Sinclair a plan was in place...

The highlight of the episode for me was Raven breaking free from ALIE. Oh man, that was so great to see. I like how Finn was implemented in there as a way to go there. ALIE told Jaha no one has ever been able to do that... is anyone surprised it was Raven who was able to go there? Not a chance. I am concerned with what Jaha and ALIE will try to do to counter this but still... Raven, you are strong, you are awesome, you are one of a kind.

Jasper was really tolerable in this one, too. He indirectly helped the situation. I like him around Raven. Stay there, if you stick around someone as awesome and strong as Raven, you will officially battle through your mourning, Jasper.

Kane getting caught made my heart jump. I was hoping his plan would be a success. I am so scared for his fate.

Where was Abby? I found that weird how she was MIA.

Finally, Bellamy is starting to see the light. I knew when he realized dictator Pike (as Kane appropriately called him) would think nothing of turning on their own people it would be too much for Bellamy. I am glad he's finally realizing he has no business supporting Pike.

I feel really sorry for Monty. He lost his dad and has a mother who is completely brainwashed by Pike. You can tell given how he looks at her, he's completely confused and devastated by her actions. Like, he knows whatever he does, she will never be convinced because she's too far gone and it's really sad.

Seriously, I have never been more nervous for an upcoming episode. Please don't kill Kane.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-11-2016 at 07:00 AM
Old 03-11-2016, 08:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
It's weird with Bellamy. I still don't think he believes that Pike is wrong about the Grounders, etc. but I think he's having some severe cognitive dissonance because he wants there to be a way for him to stick with Pike without having to kill people he cares about. Good luck with that, Bell.
Yeah, I've felt like from the beginning Bellamy's agreed with Pike regarding the Grounders - as in they cannot be trusted - but hasn't totally agreed with Pike's methods. But in 3x06 when Bellamy went along with the plan to attack the village I got the feeling that Bellamy just kind of figured he's followed Pike this far so he might as well see it through.

Bellamy knows he's been flirting with that line of right and wrong. He truly believes he's been doing what's best for his people. I absolutely loved the episode being bookended with someone telling Bellamy to choose what his best for his people and his response, "I do it every day." Because THAT is who Bellamy is. Has he made mistakes? Most definitely. Especially recently. But he genuinely strives in everything he does to care for those around him. So glad he's finally seeing that Pike is contrary to what his own goals are.

Also loved Raven breaking free from ALIE. Though that's far from over. I sense even more pain ahead for Raven.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Finally, I got to watch!

Wow. Just . . . WOW. That was one intense episode! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, heart pounding, biting my nails nervously, all that good stuff.

There was so much substance in this episode that I actually find it quite daunting to even try to articulate my thoughts on it. Maybe just a rundown of the main characters in play might help me figure out what I'm thinking.

Bellamy: Great way to frame the episode with him saying, "I do it every day." Bob's acting, as always, was terrific. I just loved when he got tearful about Kane. They have a great dynamic, very father-son like. I think Kane is very much whom Bellamy aspires to be--that strong, protective man who has both the desire and the capacity to take care of his people--but he feels like he's such a screw-up that he'll never get there. But if he manages to help save Kane, then he'll be one step closer to becoming the man he both longs to be and thinks he'll never be.

Kane: I hated this guy during the first half of season 1, but in season 2, he became one of my favorite characters, and now, in terms of the males on the show, he's second only to Bellamy for me. He's definitely this episode's MVP. I love that he wouldn't just stand down and let Pike carry out his disastrous plan, even knowing that it would put his own life at risk to do so. (Side note: This is yet another instance of how horrendous 3x04 was. For all the attention that was given to how out-of-character Bellamy seemed in that episode, the argument could be made that Kane was equally as out-of-character. This guy does not give up without a fight, so I still find it hard to believe that he'd just let Pike be chancellor without really giving him a challenge.)

Where the heck was Abby tonight, though? (OMG, the promo has me so excited! KABBY!)

Pike: Sure, he's been the villain this season, but Michael Beach has done a fantastic job playing this character. He's a good villain because, even though he pisses us viewers off, and even though he threatens the safety of all the characters we know and care about, his motives are sometimes understandable. This whole situation that they've all found themselves in is such a messed up grey area. It's easier for us as an audience to say what the characters should do because we're privy to the other characters' thoughts, actions, etc. But someone like Pike is not. It certainly does not make his decisions right, and it definitely doesn't make him likeable. But I have to say, I find it quite sad that here is a man who, in addition to brainwashing others, really seems to have brainwashed himself. Just like many real-life dictators have. It's very eerie and unsettling to watch his politics play out in this fictional, futuristic world, knowing that it's all modeled off of true events and people through time.

As for Monty . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I feel really sorry for Monty. He lost his dad and has a mother who is completely brainwashed by Pike. You can tell given how he looks at her, he's completely confused and devastated by her actions. Like, he knows whatever he does, she will never be convinced because she's too far gone and it's really sad.
I feel bad for him, too. He just has this pained look in his eyes when he looks at his mother. He was so happy to be reunited with her, but it hasn't at all been what he was expecting. I'm glad he and Bellamy seem like they're willing to step up now.

Raven: YAAAAAAAS. That is all.

No, actually, that's not all. But I'll keep it brief. Strong, kick-ass, fiercely brave. Who doesn't love Raven? While I was always pretty indifferent to Finn, I loved the callbacks to her relationship with him, as I always found that relationship more believable than the one he had with Clarke. Her desperation to remember something about him was heartbreaking, and I can't wait to see how this propels her character forward and the City of Light storyline forward.

Jasper: Hey, you were inadvertently helpful, Jasper! Now maybe people will stop hating on you for a week? (I don't hate Jasper. I just wish they'd give him something to do this season other than mope.)

It was nice to see minor characters like Miller, Harper, Sinclair, etc. getting to be involved a lot this week. It helps the universe of The 100 feel more well-rounded and believable that way. Plus, I like those characters.

GREAT episode! One of the most nerve-wracking ones in recent memory! Every character is so devastated and unsure right now that it made for some really intricate storylines and thought-provoking conflicts.
ICON
Old 03-14-2016, 12:52 PM
New Fan

I really don't like Clarke this season, so far, so to have an episode without her was almost refreshing. I am so in love with Bellamy! Bob's acting is so amazing. I fall more in love with the character each episode.

I REALLY hope Monty follows in Bellamy's footsteps and joins the "right" side. Still waiting for Pike to be punished by the grounders, haha. I would love to see that.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok I need to rewatch this episode...I watched it last night when I was completely exhausted and barely remember it

Old 03-16-2016, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The photo recap from last week:
The 100 "Terms and Conditions" Photo Recap - I Do It Everyday, and Twice on Sundays - TV.com

Old 03-17-2016, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Thanks for that!
Old 03-17-2016, 06:31 AM
Elite Fan

Why cant we just play Catan?

Old 03-17-2016, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

she seriously cracks me up with those recaps....they are perfect!

Old 03-17-2016, 06:46 AM
Elite Fan

They are so great. So spot on its amazing

Old 03-17-2016, 10:18 PM
New Fan

Is there a new episode tonight ?
Old 03-18-2016, 05:06 AM
Elite Fan

Nope, it is on hiatus, its back on on the 31st?

Old 03-18-2016, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yup the 31st!

Old 04-12-2016, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Monty really needs his own storyline, he's just such a side character. Always kind of in the background but has no impact on the show whatsoever. I like him too so I want more of him.

Jasper/Raven interaction = win. I thought they had some nice chemistry together.

I will always love Bellamy and I do think he believes he's doing the right thing but he's been disappointing me this season, of course. I hope he's finally starting to see what's really going on.

It was definitely weird without Clarke for once, but I kind of enjoyed it. And I've needed a break from Octavia for a while now. Love her, I do, but this season she's been obnoxious.