Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2014, 09:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepThisaSecret (View Post)
Murphy being hated on by the ladies was uncalled for. The whole time it was happen, WTH is really going on? They need to leave him be.
When I find myself defending Murphy, you know there's a problem. I still think Murphy needs to pay for what he did to those 2 kids and shooting Raven but Raven's idea of swapping him for Finn was so utterly and completely ridiculous to me.

Quote:
Clarke should not hook up with anyone right now. Time heals all wounds.
Yes to both things.

Quote:
I think it's crazy because "love" really, they were in love? They knew each other for all of a couple months. I can't call that love. It's unrealistic to me. They lost me at Finn had a girlfriend that he didn't mention and then he continued to mess around.
I think they both cared about each other a lot but I never bought that they were "in love". And yeah, when Raven turned out to be Finn's girlfriend and everything that came after that, it pretty much guaranteed that I could never get behind them as a pairing.

Overall, I thought the episode was pretty great.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 12-17-2014, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I liked him at first too, but the type of storyline they gave him was at the bottom of the list of things I like to see on my tv. Love triangles are really old, and basically they made him out to be an object, and then completely flipped his personality several times. Not a fan of that.

If he's the only thing you liked about the series then I won't try to persuade you to stay, though I wish you would.
I wasn't really a fan of what they were doing with him, but once you really start to stan for a character.. it's hard to not still love him even when what he is doing is wrong and upsets you. But from the beginning I had a hard time trying to get into the show, so now that the only real reason that made me stay and continue on is dead.. it's not that hard letting it go. Thanks anyway, hun Some fans have breaking points and for this show, mine is Finn being dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniElky (View Post)
Aww, I hope you keep watching anyway!
Thanks
Old 12-17-2014, 09:08 PM
Loyal Fan

NOW I WAS LIKE...dude Finn needs to just die because it's obviously the ONLY thing that can happen...HOWEVER, that was super duper sad man. Hit me right in the feels. I could never hate Finn after that.

I was more peeved about the Murphy thing than anything like DAMNNN YO leave him alone.

Last edited by Aubsbobs; 12-17-2014 at 10:21 PM
Old 12-17-2014, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry Nikki

Quote:
When I find myself defending Murphy, you know there's a problem. I still think Murphy needs to pay for what he did to those 2 kids and shooting Raven but Raven's idea of swapping him for Finn was so utterly and completely ridiculous to me.
Truth IA to all of this. I was all over tumblr at this moment. I was literally in all caps. Lord help me now.

Well it's passed 10 PM and I need to go to bed. Got to get up really early for work. Morning comes to soon. Continuing this conversation tomorrow.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 12-17-2014, 09:16 PM
New Fan

I always figured it was infatuation/lust masquerading as love, but whether or not it was real they still THOUGHT it was. (Who hasn't had one of those relationships or hook ups that was 'love' in the moment but 'ugh' a few months down the road? lol).

Someone made a comment about the love thing making Clarke seem weak, and while on one hand I sort of agree, on the other if she didn't show some kind of weakness then she'd just be labeled an unfeeling or raging b****. Like Byrne.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:20 PM
Loyal Fan

This entire storyline was just sickening. I'm glad it's over.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

^Me too.

So was I the only one that didn't miss Mt Weather at all tonight? I missed Monty and Miller but that's about it.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 12-17-2014, 09:32 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLoo (View Post)
I always figured it was infatuation/lust masquerading as love, but whether or not it was real they still THOUGHT it was. (Who hasn't had one of those relationships or hook ups that was 'love' in the moment but 'ugh' a few months down the road? lol).

Someone made a comment about the love thing making Clarke seem weak, and while on one hand I sort of agree, on the other if she didn't show some kind of weakness then she'd just be labeled an unfeeling or raging b****. Like Byrne.
Well, she's never gonna get to that 'ugh' stage with Finn now that this whole horrific thing has happened. For all intents and purposes, they were in love and it ended in tragedy.

I don't understand the idea that being in love makes a woman weak, though.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:39 PM
Master Fan

Gosh, I almost thought that Finn would never die.

Finn Collins aka Spacewalker, all I have to say is...

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 12-17-2014, 09:47 PM
Passionate Fan

Okay, first I hated that Clarke discussed the issue of turning Finn over in front of the whole camp. She knows better. Or at least she should. Did Murphy's lynching teach her nothing about mobs?

Am I totally heartless that I didn't cry? Or even get choked up? Cause I didn't.

The moment Clarke asked Lexa if she could say goodbye I knew she was going to kill Finn. And I thought "that sucks, but good." I got a little tired of the constant defense of Finn. Though I actually started to understand it, especially in terms of the remaining 100. Those kids formed a bond. One the likes of which I sure as hell will never understand in my life. Extreme situations can forge extreme emotions.

I do feel for Clarke and Raven though. Both individually and what this means for their friendship. I'd like to think that Raven will recognize that Clarke helped Finn. Her idea for Clarke to kill Lexa was the epitome of ridiculous. I don't think Clarke was ever actually considering it. I don't think it was a spur of the moment decision. She walked into that camp knowing that if it came to it she would kill Finn.

I loved that Bellamy was trying to comfort Raven. That poor girl. The flashbacks added another layer to her grief, which I appreciate. There were times I was thinking that I wished they'd given this backstory sooner, but really this was the most poignant. She'll blame herself for this as well.

As for Clarke's love declaration. Meh. I know it was necessary, and Eliza Taylor really gave it her all. I've just never bought their romance. I accept that's what the writers were going for and that Clarke meant it. It definitely added another layer to what she had to do.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:21 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubsbobs (View Post)
Yeaaaaah I understood the whole thank you princess thing (Imma let it slide) but I just can't with the whole Finn and Clarke love thing. It's just too unrealistic to me and it makes me view Clarke differently to be honest. She seems weaker in a sense but it is what it is. I just don't think Jason and the writers thought that one all the way out when they wrote it up that way. They always said the reaction from fans was "shocking" but they should have called that one honestly. ( I know a lot of fans really liked the two of them, but those of us that didn't really didn't understand it so sorry guys it's nothing personal and I was never a Finn "hater")

NOW I WAS LIKE...dude Finn needs to just die because it's obviously the ONLY thing that can happen...HOWEVER, that was super duper sad man. Hit me right in the feels. I could never hate Finn after that.

I was more peeved about the Murphy thing than anything like DAMNNN YO leave him alone.
This. Too much *telling* that they loved each other and not enough *showing* for me. Finn was the least consistently written character and I never felt like he had a real story outside of being the love interest and even that wasn't that well developed. What's happening now will serve as development for the other characters and that's more than can be said for when he was still around.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:30 PM
Total Fan

I think that the way Clarke tried so hard to understand Finn and save his life after what he did shows us that she loved him. In fact, over the course of the series, I think they showed us she loved him way more than they ever said it. Clarke only said it once, but it was kinda obvious lots of times. I was never emotionally attached to their relationship, but I can't deny that it has been an important part of the story.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:35 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
I think that the way Clarke tried so hard to understand Finn and save his life after what he did shows us that she loved him. In fact, over the course of the series, I think they showed us she loved him way more than they ever said it. Clarke only said it once, but it was kinda obvious lots of times. I was never emotionally attached to their relationship, but I can't deny that it has been an important part of the story.
I disagree. I saw care and concern but love? Nah. I felt like i heard they loved each other more in the interviews done by the showrunner/actors than anything that was presented onscreen. I'll concede there were attempts to show the connection between the two characters but for whatever reason that simply didn't come across as this 'true and real love' that I get the feeling we were supposed to associate with their relationship.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniElky (View Post)
Yeah, the kiss was annoying enough but the love declaration was total blah. Maybe she was just saying it to be nice ...meh.

The episode wasn't as unbelievable as they made it out to be, but again it's probably because I read what everyone writes on the spoiler thread, and it was basically all right!

BARF!!! Glad I didn't watch, and also glad to hear Finn is dead!! JR messed up pushing Flarke so hard, imo.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

I dont have much to add, im just super glad this mid season is over and that Finn is gone.(if i had to vote for which mid season was better i would say season 1. This mid season was a big fat dragging around in to many fronts)
I only felt for Raven. But the flashback did nothing for me.
Clarke and Finn never delivery to me, not even in the last moment.
Bellamy, you were a darling, but i want you with a SL of your own. You are not a secondary.

All in all... not a mind blowing ep they so hard sold out. Now comes the hiatus and lets see how the show will pack up from here.