Old 09-17-2020, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Old 09-17-2020, 07:11 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
I heard people talk about hints to Lexa returning for the finale? Were there any in the episode?
No, the last time I remember them bringing up Lexa was back when Clarke and Gaia buried the flame. It's really hard to say what's possible for the finale, but I guess there's always the possibility of any of the previously dead characters appearing on screen again through flashbacks, memories, visions, dreams, red sun toxin, transcendence, etc. Who can say for sure.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:21 AM
Passionate Fan

I just watched but have to go to work so don’t have time to read through other’s thoughts. So I’ll just post some quick thoughts then properly comment later.

Indra is wonderful.

Surprised Cadogan would trust Sheidheda. Thought he was smarter than that.

Clarke is an idiot. Seems the writers don’t care how low they make her sink. I really can’t stand her at this point.

Madi was absolutely right and so glad she stood up to Clarke.

Further evidence that there was absolutely no need to kill Bellamy. Clarke is just a selfish idiot.

Didn’t really like everyone forgiving her so quickly but I get it. Octavia and Echo have already been through so much pain. They want to just let it go.

Octavia, Echo, Hope, and Gabriel wrecked havoc with my heart.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
No, the last time I remember them bringing up Lexa was back when Clarke and Gaia buried the flame. It's really hard to say what's possible for the finale, but I guess there's always the possibility of any of the previously dead characters appearing on screen again through flashbacks, memories, visions, dreams, red sun toxin, transcendence, etc. Who can say for sure.
Thanks. I think it's just fans hoping because for years I've always heard "Lexa is returning". Guess for them it's not over until it's officially over. Anything is possible.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I dislike how this season has turned a lot of characters into people I don't recognize anymore

Octavia reacting that way to Clarke confessing she killed Bellamy is so totally off key with how she's been portrayed all the previous seasons. I've felt the entire season already that she's lost her spark / her fire. And by that fire I don't mean that she has to be a fighter. I don't even mean a certain kind of attitude. But.. I don't know... She's just gone utterly bland and I hate it.

Indra is making decisions that I doubt she would have made in the past.
I actually enjoyed Echo's story line the first half of the season, and I'm not an Echo fan, But right now I'd also put her in the "bland" category.

So many characters are now acting in ways so different to the way their personalities have been for seasons long, it's really off-putting.

It's hard to say "Octavia wouldn't react that way", cause it was written and performed this way, so clearly she did But this is NOT the Octavia I've known all these seasons. I'm not saying she wouldn't/couldn't possibly forgive Clarke, but right in that instant? Well, i saw it happen so it must be so, but it's hard to buy it

I am just not board, there isn't much that they have sold on me this season, with most of what's happening I'm just shaking my head and thinking "this can't be happening, this isn't how the characters I know and love would be".
And yet, it's on the screen, so I'm gonna have to accept it

The ONE thing I liked about this episode is Indra & Octavia's talk about the time in the bunker. About time someone acknowledged (on the show) that Octavia isn't the sole person responsible.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:34 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl under the floor (View Post)
I dislike how this season has turned a lot of characters into people I don't recognize anymore

Octavia reacting that way to Clarke confessing she killed Bellamy is so totally off key with how she's been portrayed all the previous seasons. I've felt the entire season already that she's lost her spark / her fire. And by that fire I don't mean that she has to be a fighter. I don't even mean a certain kind of attitude. But.. I don't know... She's just gone utterly bland and I hate it.

Indra is making decisions that I doubt she would have made in the past.
I actually enjoyed Echo's story line the first half of the season, and I'm not an Echo fan, But right now I'd also put her in the "bland" category.

So many characters are now acting in ways so different to the way their personalities have been for seasons long, it's really off-putting.

It's hard to say "Octavia wouldn't react that way", cause it was written and performed this way, so clearly she did But this is NOT the Octavia I've known all these seasons. I'm not saying she wouldn't/couldn't possibly forgive Clarke, but right in that instant? Well, i saw it happen so it must be so, but it's hard to buy it

I am just not board, there isn't much that they have sold on me this season, with most of what's happening I'm just shaking my head and thinking "this can't be happening, this isn't how the characters I know and love would be".
And yet, it's on the screen, so I'm gonna have to accept it

The ONE thing I liked about this episode is Indra & Octavia's talk about the time in the bunker. About time someone acknowledged (on the show) that Octavia isn't the sole person responsible.
I know what you mean about this whole "bland" thing. That's exactly how I've felt about Clarke, Bellamy, Abby, Kane and Raven since around season 4 or so. I think this show is really good at coming up with compelling new characters (rather than the ones from the book) and they usually have a good initial story arc, but eventually they run out of narrative steam. Like Clarke to me is the absolute worst for this and you can tell because they have to keep giving her increasingly drastic and unbelievable plots (like dying and having another character take over her body) just to give her stuff to do.

But I had never felt that way about Octavia until this season. And I think it's because her story resolved completely during The Garden. She's the matured, adult version of herself who learned from all of the lessons through the show. Her story is finished, especially after she forgave Clarke for Bellamy. Now all they've got is recycled angst from season 5 to talk about with her.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Paula - agreed

As for Lexa, there are Twitter rumours of her returning, but those are based solely off very sketchy 'spoiler' accounts, so take that with a grain of salt. There are also rumours ADC didn't film any new scenes, so do whatever you want with that information as well.

Old 09-17-2020, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I never trust any spoiler accounts, most of the time they are run by fans and not true.

Paula I know how sad the portrayal of Octavia this season made you.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 09-17-2020, 12:23 PM
Master Fan

There are always "spoiler" accounts and most of them tend to be way off base. I remember one making it seem like Bellarke would get together....so much for that. Or the one that joked for 24 hours that Bellamy was Clarke's real dad.

I think speculation keeps fans talking until it's proved wrong by the episode.

Octavia and Indra's moment was good but everything else feels a caricature.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 09-17-2020, 01:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
But then they have Clarke smash the helmet and I just... why does Clarke always make these huge, unilateral decisions for everyone?
Well, she is her mother's daughter. (My hatred of Abby will never abate. ) I guess it hadn't occurred to her yet that unless they want the human race to literally die out with them, making everything they've done absolutely pointless, having a larger pool of people to procreate might not be a bad idea.

Somebody...somewhere...mentioned that Gabriel got a much better send off than Bellamy, and it is SO true. I cried at Gabriel's death (I loved him ever since "Xavier" first appeared, though) and only felt annoyance at Bellamy's. Hope's reaction was nice, but it would have been better if it felt like the show remembered for the past few episodes that she lived with him and two other people on an empty planet for five years, and not just now that he's dying.

So that piano was still in tune after centuries of sitting there untouched? Ha ha ha. Okay, show.

I was glad they had the flashback of the final scene between Bellamy and Clarke, because no way am I rewatching the previous episode (heh) and it solidified what I hated about it sooo much. Bellamy was teary eyed. He should have been cold and emotionless. THAT is what would have sold it for me. Teary eyed, pleading with Clarke to understand -- that shows that the real Bellamy was still in there. Cold and emotionless would have said that the real Bellamy was gone and there was no hope.

The helmets turn people invisible, they don't completely erase every indication of their presence. Good G-d. Even in a pitch black room you can feel when someone else is in the room, especially if they're as close to you as Sheidy was when following Clarke and Octavia around.

Hope and Jordan? I'm not mad about it.
Old 09-17-2020, 02:00 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
Well, she is her mother's daughter. (My hatred of Abby will never abate. ) I guess it hadn't occurred to her yet that unless they want the human race to literally die out with them, making everything they've done absolutely pointless, having a larger pool of people to procreate might not be a bad idea.
Lol, why would they do that? They've got like 10-15 people, surely that's enough to avoid a future of inbred mutants or extinction.
Old 09-17-2020, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Speaking of send-offs, The 100 Writers released the script to screen for THAT scene...and now only do I completely brush aside Echo's weird nonsense about Bellamy needing chaos and violence and completely ignoring his growth as a character since season 5, but WHY did they cut Octavia's goodbye to him? Brutal

https://the100writers.tumblr.com/

Old 09-17-2020, 03:32 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles (View Post)
Speaking of send-offs, The 100 Writers released the script to screen for THAT scene...and now only do I completely brush aside Echo's weird nonsense about Bellamy needing chaos and violence and completely ignoring his growth as a character since season 5, but WHY did they cut Octavia's goodbye to him? Brutal

https://the100writers.tumblr.com/
She didn't say he needed chaos and violence?? She said the opposite. She said he needed to make sense of the chaos and violence and Cadogan gave him that. So it was Cadogan's fault he's dead. That's what she meant.
Old 09-17-2020, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I interpreted that line wrong, and inserted a comma afterwards in my brain It's the part about them losing him 'long ago' that really, really bothers me because it's simply not true. Even during their time on Penance, he was still alive and they still had reason to believe he was alive, so it's not like they spent those years knowing he was a Disciple.

But the part about it being 'meaningless' - what do they mean? How was it meaningless if the violence was at its core, to save eachother? Because it's supposedly a neverending cycle? Bellamy was already trying to move past the violent aspect of his past, was he not? So was Octavia, and I guess Echo was finally considering not murdering people at the drop of a hat to avenge her loved ones. Clarke? Nah. She's still gun-happy. But none of this, to me, resonates properly with what we saw of Bellamy this season (all four seconds of it) and last season. Well, it does and it doesn't - but mostly doesn't. And the parts that do, don't justify Clarke murdering him.

I saw someone on Twitter (maybe it was Selina, idk) suggest that Bellamy should have taken Sheidheda's place. He should have been the one to directly, physically threaten Madi (we can argue over whether or not he would have ever done that) in order for people to really think he was too far gone and for Clarke to truly thing murdering him was literally what had to be done. Sheidheda (and his knowledge of Madi and her memories) would be dead, so Bellamy would be THE only direct threat to Madi.

Have him lurk around the bunker in his invisi-suit and threaten to kidnap Madi because he would do anything for his shepherd. Have him be ~*a super disciple*~ and so into his beliefs that he WOULD directly threaten Madi, moreso than just passing off a book of her drawings. And have him do that in front of everyone so they could be like "wtf, Bellamy?" instead of having him to try explain to them what he went through and having them crap in his face.

Or, don't have have any of this - have Jordan be the one (remember when he was being creepy at the end of S6?) to full under Cadogan's spell and have Bellamy take Gaia's place and have a happy reunion with his family.

Old 09-17-2020, 04:32 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles (View Post)
Yeah I interpreted that line wrong, and inserted a comma afterwards in my brain It's the part about them losing him 'long ago' that really, really bothers me because it's simply not true. Even during their time on Penance, he was still alive and they still had reason to believe he was alive, so it's not like they spent those years knowing he was a Disciple.

But the part about it being 'meaningless' - what do they mean? How was it meaningless if the violence was at its core, to save eachother? Because it's supposedly a neverending cycle? Bellamy was already trying to move past the violent aspect of his past, was he not? So was Octavia, and I guess Echo was finally considering not murdering people at the drop of a hat to avenge her loved ones. Clarke? Nah. She's still gun-happy. But none of this, to me, resonates properly with what we saw of Bellamy this season (all four seconds of it) and last season. Well, it does and it doesn't - but mostly doesn't. And the parts that do, don't justify Clarke murdering him.

I saw someone on Twitter (maybe it was Selina, idk) suggest that Bellamy should have taken Sheidheda's place. He should have been the one to directly, physically threaten Madi (we can argue over whether or not he would have ever done that) in order for people to really think he was too far gone and for Clarke to truly thing murdering him was literally what had to be done. Sheidheda (and his knowledge of Madi and her memories) would be dead, so Bellamy would be THE only direct threat to Madi.

Have him lurk around the bunker in his invisi-suit and threaten to kidnap Madi because he would do anything for his shepherd. Have him be ~*a super disciple*~ and so into his beliefs that he WOULD directly threaten Madi, moreso than just passing off a book of her drawings. And have him do that in front of everyone so they could be like "wtf, Bellamy?" instead of having him to try explain to them what he went through and having them crap in his face.

Or, don't have have any of this - have Jordan be the one (remember when he was being creepy at the end of S6?) to full under Cadogan's spell and have Bellamy take Gaia's place and have a happy reunion with his family.
You don't think people wouldn't be just as furious if they turned Bellamy into a super disciple who threatened Madi?

If Jordan was going to have Bellamy's storyline, it wouldn't have been with Cadogan. He was brainwashed to follow the Primes. How would they have transitioned him from one cult to the other? It did seem like they were intending something different for Jordan in Sanctum, though. Like maybe Jordan would have had the storyline of that Faithful guy (Trey?) and girl and Jordan would have been the one passing cookies to Sheidheda. But I don't see how he would have gotten involved with Cadogan.

Like everyone has been saying, it would just be so interesting to know what they originally intended for this season. However they ended up with this storyline, it obviously wasn't their first choice. You see them talking in the behind episode clips about how it was a challenge to make all of these adjustments. We might be lucky they were able to stay on schedule at all. Production might have gotten delayed instead and then Covid would have stopped it entirely. **** happens