Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2020, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A Sort of Homecoming {7X14}: Episode Discussion - Airdate [09-16-20]

7x14: A Sort of Homecoming

Wednesday, September 16 | 8:00pm EST

JESSICA HARMON DIRECTS THE EPISODE

Clarke (Eliza Taylor) and her friends reckon with all that has happened only to find an unexpected threat looming. Marie Avgeropoulos, Lindsey Morgan, Bob Morley, Richard Harmon, Shannon Kook, JR Bourne, Shelby Flannery and Chuku Modu also star. Jessica Harmon directed the episode written by Sean Crouch (#715). Original airdate 9/16/2020.

Basic Rules:
- Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.

- No Character/Actor/ship Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.

- Everything is a spoiler until it has aired. Please do not post any promos or promotional photos without a spoiler cut (only the TV promo that has aired is considered not a spoiler).

- Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.

- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Old 09-15-2020, 01:44 PM
Addicted Fan

Gotta admit I'm interested to see how Echo and Octavia react to the information that CLARKE KILLED BELLAMY FOR NO GOOD REASON. If this were real life, Echo would drop her like a bad piece of sushi and the series would end within the first five minutes LOL.

Jesus, what a mess this all is. It's almost comical.
Old 09-15-2020, 02:23 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Lisa

I hope Clarke, Echo and Octavia will still be family at the end of this episode.
Old 09-15-2020, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Tftnt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 (View Post)
I hope Clarke, Echo and Octavia will still be family at the end of this episode.
I love your optimism and how you always try to see light instead of dark. I wish I could go there more.
Old 09-15-2020, 03:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
I love your optimism and how you always try to see light instead of dark. I wish I could go there more.
Thank you ... It feels good that you like my optimism.

I just hope the last three episodes will be good ones.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 09-15-2020, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 09-16-2020, 06:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Is anybody watching tonight? Part of me is so disheartening after last week that I don’t want to, but I’m also curious to see how they’re going to address Bellamy’s death and try to make it make sense.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
Jesus, what a mess this all is. It's almost comical.
It kind of is. I have a friend who doesn’t watch the show but I’ve told her about it. Last week when she heard Clarke killed Bellamy she burst out laughing. Startled and confused her husband. It really is absurd.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)
Is anybody watching tonight? Part of me is so disheartening after last week that I don’t want to, but I’m also curious to see how they’re going to address Bellamy’s death and try to make it make sense.
No, I'm not. I'm not finishing the show in fact, not even the finale. What happened just entirely soured the show for me, my love had been fading slowly over time because of the bad/nonsensical creative decisions but that was the final straw.

Also, I didn't watch it but people who watched the sneak peek already said
Spoiler:

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 09-16-2020, 09:51 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
Also, I didn't watch it but people who watched the sneak peek already said
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 09-16-2020, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll be watching tonight simply because I have plenty of wine on-hand and nothing else to do, plus I feel the need to scoff at something while feeling smug at the same time

(Sorry Sonja - I'll try to enjoy the parts of the episode that don't remind me to be angry about Bellamy!! )

Here's a clip exhibiting a classic case of plot armour mixed with a smattering of "why the hell did they kill Bellamy"

Old 09-16-2020, 10:44 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles (View Post)
Here's a clip exhibiting a classic case of plot armour mixed with a smattering of "why the hell did they kill Bellamy"

This clip is actually a pretty good explanation of why Clarke killed Bellamy. She was trying to prevent this exact situation from happening. Too bad she didn't anticipate the disciples would bring Sheidheda back from the brink of death. Because apparently Cadogan wasn't going to be able to figure out it was Madi from the sketchbook alone. He needed someone to explain to him the connection.

So good to see these actors together. I've been anticipating them meeting up all season.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It does, I agree, ugh - but ffs she should have shot Sheidheda then too, to be sure. I think she knows the Bardo people have some intense technology? She has seen other people get mortally wounded and yet still not die, why is everyone so sure this guy would bleed out? People on this show have walked around after getting impaled.

She was already gun happy, why not be completely thorough in her protection of Madi? Shoot everyone in the damn room (I know, I know - she probably would have gotten shot in the process too). The fact Sheidheda is alive is just so bloody stupid to me (don't get me wrong, I do like seeing JR's portrayal of him, I'm just frustrated as hell) and I still don't think Indra would have let him live as some sort of lesson. What was the point of him getting stabbed at all, then - other than to live and hand over the sketchbook? And whatever he'll bring to tonight's episode.

I'm mostly just ranting and raving at this point

So in her defense, ok - kill Bellamy because he knew the connection between Madi and the book. Who else knows/knew? Or, I'm guessing Cadogan simply wouldn't assume that any currently living person had recently had the flame in them, other than his initial assumption of Clarke? I guess not, he could think the drawings are years and years old. But what of the code Gabriel updated? It wasn't complete, but surely he would be able to decipher some decent information from there? She should have shot the computer, too. She should also shoot Indra, as she also knows the connection between Madi and the flame. Perhaps shoot Murphy too, for good measure. Don't forget about Gaia, maybe that's coming tonight! Oops I forgot Jackson too - he's Madi's shrink, so he should also be killed just in case

Old 09-16-2020, 11:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

I feel like there have been at least two and probably three occasions this season where Indra, given how she has been portrayed all series, would have killed Sheidheida but instead left while assuming circumstances were going to do it for her. This isn't even counting the times where past Indra would have killed him but nu-Indra didn't, mind you, I'm talking about instances where her actual intention was for him to die...she just couldn't be bothered to deliver the deathblow herself.