Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2018, 06:28 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
I could see that too.

Really? Then why does all your posts seem to indicate that it’s to pander to fans so it’s clearly the fault of shippers for influencing the writing in that direction? Maybe leave that out of your post if you don’t want us to assume that.

People have a right to disagree, especially when you keep harping on that point in the thread. But I’m sure that you’ll find a way to make it sound like we are all ganging up on you. Oops, you just did that.
Yeah, you say that people have a right to disagree. So why is it that I can't disagree without getting this rude attitude from you? It's not my fault if everybody wants to chime in and tell me I'm wrong for not liking the head and heart metaphor. I'm not harping on anything, but thanks for that sweet comment. When people respond to me, I respond back. Maybe consider not always trying to shut me down because I don't like shipping. My opinions are just as valid as anyone else's. It's not a personal attack on you as a shipper if I don't like the way the writers are handling a story. Jesus Christ.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Apparently he was in an episode of Supernatural that I just watched recently... but I didn't recognize him.

I just think that shippers and non-shippers are going to interpret things differently. People will view the "Head and the Heart" ideology differently, and that's okay.

ETA: April, I was in the chat towards the end.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 07-11-2018, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I'm a Clinical Psychologist (specialty in abnormal behavior) and I can say Vinson is a pure psychopath. LOL The actor who plays him is so dead on. His personality traits associated with psychopathy are all there. His nonverbal communication, in particular, is textbook.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:40 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
I'm a Clinical Psychologist (specialty in abnormal behavior) and I can say Vinson is a pure psychopath. LOL The actor who plays him is so dead on. His personality traits associated with psychopathy are all there. His nonverbal communication, in particular, is textbook.
Can you elaborate on that please? I'd love to hear your examples.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
Yeah, you say that people have a right to disagree. So why is it that I can't disagree without getting this rude attitude from you? It's not my fault if everybody wants to chime in and tell me I'm wrong for not liking the head and heart metaphor. I'm not harping on anything, but thanks for that sweet comment. When people respond to me, I respond back. Maybe consider not always trying to shut me down because I don't like shipping. My opinions are just as valid as anyone else's. It's not a personal attack on you as a shipper if I don't like the way the writers are handling a story. Jesus Christ.
Comments on me being rude? That’s rich coming from you, considering all the things you’ve said in the past. My issue is not your opinions per say, it’s that you always somehow need to bring up shippers in here, fan pandering etc. No one even brings up discussions on Bellarke here and keep it in the shipper thread to keep this thread to general analysis and discussions. And maybe consider not discounting other people’s thoughts just because they ship. You’re free to post whatever you want, as long as you respect others may not feel the same way. Anyway, I’m done with this.

Tara, hmm could be why. Wait, I did watch Mistresses and another show that he’s been in so maybe there’s where I saw him.

That’s interesting, Michelle. He does seem to display some psychopathic tendencies and I’m scared/curious to see if we will see more of that towards the end of the season.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 07-11-2018, 06:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh I'm sure we're gonna see Vinson get set loose this season Sarah, and I can't wait!

I think he's definitely going to kill off at least one of our protagonists though...
Old 07-11-2018, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I feel silly for not recalling that, yes, the flame can be taken out, as it was taken out of Clarke. And Clarke can take it out. She knows how. (But I don’t think Madi will let her.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Cool insight!

Oh my gosh, what if Vinson has a true but twisted affection for Abby and kills Kane?
ICON
Old 07-11-2018, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
ABBY: You don't want to mess with me, Vinson. I've eaten people before.

VINSON: (eyes light up)

Missed this earlier.

I’m also morbidly looking forward to that, Tara.

April ... I wouldn’t rule it out. (Especially since I feel like Kane might very well die this season )

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 07-11-2018, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I’m so worried for Kane.
ICON
Old 07-11-2018, 07:06 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)

Oh my gosh, what if Vinson has a true but twisted affection for Abby and kills Kane?

Ya'll wanna know what else I thought of? They made a big deal in the last episode of the worm eggs having been loaded on the Rover already, waiting for them to be taken to Shadow Valley.

The same Rover that Octavia sent Clarke and Madi off to.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:07 PM
Elite Fan

I truly think this is it for Kane
Old 07-11-2018, 07:12 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
Comments on me being rude? That’s rich coming from you, considering all the things you’ve said in the past. My issue is not your opinions per say, it’s that you always somehow need to bring up shippers in here, fan pandering etc. No one even brings up discussions on Bellarke here and keep it in the shipper thread to keep this thread to general analysis and discussions. And maybe consider not discounting other people’s thoughts just because they ship. You’re free to post whatever you want, as long as you respect others may not feel the same way. Anyway, I’m done with this.
This conversation wasn't a problem until you decided to get offended and call me out for "not so subtly shading shippers" which I found to be pretty disrespectful. It is OKAY to not be into shipping. It's okay to believe it has a negative influence on the fandom. It's okay to not like the head and heart metaphor. No matter how personally you decide to take it, it's still just an opinion and I'm entitled to have opinions. That is, as far as I know, legal on this forum.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:16 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
I truly think this is it for Kane
He doesn't seem to be in any imminent danger, though. I feel like Kane is one of those characters that people have thought will die in every season and he's still here. I don't really know what his death would add to the storyline at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)

Ya'll wanna know what else I thought of? They made a big deal in the last episode of the worm eggs having been loaded on the Rover already, waiting for them to be taken to Shadow Valley.

The same Rover that Octavia sent Clarke and Madi off to.

Right? Why would Octavia give away the rover when that was supposed to be the way they'd win the war? But on the other hand, I feel like they would have reminded us of this particular plot point in some way if it was supposed to turn into a big thing.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I know the main problem this season is Octavia, and I don't disagree with that, I'm just curious how everyone is feeling about Clarke right now? I know we have a no-bashing rule here, and I'm not bashing her, but Clarke is just about on my last nerve and I really want to know it's not just me. My feelings about her waffle from episode to episode, and always have but after this episode I swear I'm just about ready to wash my hands of her entirely.

I am just SO TIRED of her unilaterally making decisions which affect far more than just herself and those she's decided won't make it without her bossiness protection at any given moment, and to hell with anybody who has a different outlook. I wanted so badly for Madi to get back out of the Rover and tell her that taking the Flame was her decision to make, not Clarke's, and that the plan was a good one and she was going to see it through.
100% agree! With everything. I think Clarke was super selfish this episode. She put everyones lives at risk by exposing the plan to take out Octavia. Raven, Murphy, Bellamy, Gaia, Indra, Echo, Kane, Murphy and HER MOM. Like, its unacceptable to me.

Quote:
Madi never wanted the flame, that's the entire point. Once Clarke's to safety in Eden, Madi probably wants that dumb chip out of her neck as fast as possible. She's not just gonna be like "oh yeah it's a good idea now, I love being commander!!!"
I dont think thats true. When Gaia first showed her I think she was definitely curious about it. I think she was just scared about all the responsibility. But after she had it in her, she was so calm when talking about Lexa to that guard. And I think now that she has it, she is totally going to embrace the role. I think the chip gives them a sense of power that she will 100% want to have.

And for what you said Amelia I dont think Bellamy made a decision for Octavia that directly caused harm to other people he cared about. What instance can you give me? I just think the decision Clarke made was literally screwing so many other people over.

Last edited by Alexa; 07-11-2018 at 07:26 PM
Old 07-11-2018, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Alexa, I know you directed the question at Amelia, but opening the bunker door in 4x11 comes to mind. I mean, I totally supported Bellamy in that moment and understood why he did it, but that would be an example of a situation to me where his love for Octavia put people like Murphy, Emori, Niylah, and really all of Skaikru at risk. Can’t get over the parallels with that episode, tbh.

I think Madi will embrace the power, too. Maybe they’ll have to take it out since Octavia’s saying she will be “dealt with,” though.
ICON