Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2018, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No matter what the purpose, though, I still just think it’s WEIRD.

What are everyone’s episode MVPs looking like?

Mine:

5x01: Clarke
5x02: Octavia
5x03: Bellamy
5x04: Bellamy
5x05: Clarke
5x06: Echo
5x07: Clarke?
5x08: Bellamy
5x09: Murphy

Yeah, I know Murphy ended up doing more harm than good, but given the info they had about Diyoza and Eligius at the time, he did what needed to be done. Plus, he started a civil war with a rock. And I can’t choose Bellamy or Clarke for 5x09 since I find both their choices equally questionable.
ICON
Old 07-14-2018, 10:07 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm kind of under the impression the past Commanders' consciousnesses are "watching" through the new Commander's eyes and communicate with the new Commander on a need-to-know basis. Like when they recite the lineage as part of the Ascension ceremony, I picture each past Commander stepping up (so to speak) and communicating their info for the new Commander to speak out loud to the audience.

So when the guard confronted Madi, Lexa would have "stepped up" and told Madi who it was and what she needed to say to him, to get him to back down. That's why I would LOVE for Madi to confront someone who would be more influenced by a Commander other than Lexa, so we can get a better idea of how the Flame works.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
Lol, they don't even use surgical tools. The flame just projects its little tentacles and burrows into the commander's neck. I'm just shocked none of them have had a terrible infection yet.
They must use something to make the incision in the backs of their necks, but hygiene is far from the top of their list of priorities. I agree that it's a shock that infection hasn't been an issue. I can't imagine that it did the chip any good to have been in Clarke, while Ontari was being used as a blood bag to keep her from rejecting it. Then it went more than six years without a host.

It wouldn't surprise me if Madi ends up rejecting it or it has to be removed from her because it's damaged.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
What are everyone’s episode MVPs looking like?
These are my MVP's

5x01: Clarke
5x02: Octavia/Jaha
5x03: Bellamy
5x04: Kane
5x05: Indra
5x06: Echo
5x07: Monty
5x08: Bellamy
5x09: Murphy
Old 07-14-2018, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe I should put Madi as MVP for 5x09, come to think of it. I love Murphy to death, but it should probably be Madi.
ICON
Old 07-14-2018, 10:50 AM
Addicted Fan

Something that just occurred to me, the Flame has come full circle now. It was first in Becca Praimheda, who was the Commander after the initial Praimfaya which destroyed the planet. Now it is in Madi, who is the first Commander after the Praimfaya which destroyed the planet the second time.

I think there's going to be some very interesting parallels come up, for sure.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Madi is my 5.9 MVP.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:05 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regan (View Post)
They must use something to make the incision in the backs of their necks, but hygiene is far from the top of their list of priorities. I agree that it's a shock that infection hasn't been an issue. I can't imagine that it did the chip any good to have been in Clarke, while Ontari was being used as a blood bag to keep her from rejecting it. Then it went more than six years without a host.

It wouldn't surprise me if Madi ends up rejecting it or it has to be removed from her because it's damaged.
We watched them do it and it went right into her neck without an incision.

Maybe everything that has happened since S3 is all a fever dream Clarke is having because she has like radioactive parasites in her brain now.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:11 PM
Master Fan

That Madi has the flame now makes the whole story more interesting IMO
Maybe Clarke tries to convince Madi that it's better to take the flame out to destroy it
but I think Madi will keep it ... at least I hope so

Old 07-14-2018, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

They only use a knife to remove the Flame. Murphy put it in Clarke the same way Gaia did to Madi.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
They only use a knife to remove the Flame. Murphy put it in Clarke the same way Gaia did to Madi.
They didn't need a knife in 3x16 to remove the flame ... Clarke spoke the phrase and Abby pulled it out
Old 07-14-2018, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 (View Post)
They didn't need a knife in 3x16 to remove the flame ... Clarke spoke the phrase and Abby pulled it out
Then why did they cut it out of Lexa?
Old 07-14-2018, 04:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
Then why did they cut it out of Lexa?
Maybe their cut out was part of the ritual

Becca took the flame for the first time with making a scalpel cut ... but we have seen twice, with Clarke in 3x16 and with Madi in 5x09 that the scalpel cut isn't necessary to put the flame in someones head ... also there isn't a cut out necessary to remove the flame
Old 07-14-2018, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
I'm kind of under the impression the past Commanders' consciousnesses are "watching" through the new Commander's eyes and communicate with the new Commander on a need-to-know basis. Like when they recite the lineage as part of the Ascension ceremony, I picture each past Commander stepping up (so to speak) and communicating their info for the new Commander to speak out loud to the audience.

So when the guard confronted Madi, Lexa would have "stepped up" and told Madi who it was and what she needed to say to him, to get him to back down. That's why I would LOVE for Madi to confront someone who would be more influenced by a Commander other than Lexa, so we can get a better idea of how the Flame works.
I kind of like this idea tbh - it makes more sense with how I originally thought the flame worked (which was like, you communicating with it while meditating and getting like, wisps of stuff/knowledge/whatever). Rather than you just having brain-encyclopedias downloaded into your head.

Old 07-14-2018, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I kinda hope Lola isn’t in the next season. I’m ready to retire mom clarke. She’s a dud.