Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2018, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I’m chilled out now. It’s alright. (But I stand by what I said about how Sarah worded her post just fine, because, IMO, she did.) Anyway, typing up all these episode thoughts was tiring but fun. It made me realize, too, how many characters were present in this ep. Some more than others, of course, but they were pretty much all there. Except for Niylah. Glad we got confirmation from Jason that she actually is still alive, because things were looking pretty grim for a while there.
ICON
Old 05-25-2018, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Luckily a ton more died in the last two seasons, and we still have alot to deal with

"luckily"

I can only assume Niylah was back hanging out with Jackson and Ethan, but yeah - would have been nice to have a quick glimpse of her!

Old 05-25-2018, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I want to know what Niylah's stance is on all of their Wonkru stuff.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Fuzzy, for the last time, please drop it. Feel free to PM me as you wish but frankly, I don’t appreciate you picking apart my comments word-for-word especially when I’ve made it very clear what my views are and that we clearly will not agree on this. Maybe I could have worded things differently, maybe I’m wrong and maybe (as you clearly think) your word is the gospel truth all the time and that everyone else’s views are always misplaced/ignoring certain facts. We will see soon enough, I’m done arguing over this because it’s going nowhere.

And instead of being condescending and asking me to rewatch episodes just because I obviously don’t see what you see and am blatantly erasing facts from scenes that have aired, I suggest that perhaps that it’s best that you take cues from others in here who don’t necessarily share the same views but can communicate their POVs without shoving it down people’s throats if it’s different from theirs. I’m honestly proud of the group of posters we have here because we have such intelligent and thought provoking discussions, yet do it in a manner that isn’t rude/dismissive of others.

Thanks for your mod note, Lisa. Agreed 100%.

Also, thanks April. I really appreciate your words regarding my post.

Back to the point of the thread ... yeah I wonder what has Niylah been up to and also, where was Gaia this week? I figured that she’d be by Octavia’s side just like Kara and just being a devil’s advocate as she was in the bunker.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 05-25-2018 at 10:42 PM
Old 05-26-2018, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have LOTS of catching up to do. I skimmed what I missed, but I'll respond to stuff later. It's been a long day.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 05-26-2018, 02:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm the one who pointed out that Maybe Octavia's threat to Bellamy was meant as a warning. Having said that, I fully acknowledge that it came across as a threat. I'm in no way saying or thinking that the writers tried to make it look like a warning (quite the opposite, I'm convinced the writers wanted there to be no doubt that it's a threat, cause that's more gut-punching).
I'm saying that after 6 years of knowing only violence (and honestly, knowing only violence since she became part of Grounder culture), Octavia imo warned him in the only way she still knows how to; by threatening him. Like it or not (and I don't), this is the reality she's been living in for years now. She can't show weakness. She can't let anyone threaten the system she has going on.
Her motives aren't shown to us. See I still see vulnerability all over I don't see a coldhearted dictator. And obviously that's because I always want to see the best in Octavia. And I think that should be just okay as being critical of her or not liking her.
Until the show actually stops showing her being vulnerable. Until they convince me that there is no hope left, I'll stick on her side. And as long as they keep up with showing us the little things of vulnerability, I will be convinced that she's still in there and not doing this because she wants to, but because she feels like she has to.

On a brighter note, people, I'm actually liking Clarke this season

Generally about the season up until now:
Last night I watched the first 5 episodes again with friends and I loved really noticing a lot of the parallels going on here.
Back when I first joined this board, I was just caught up to start posting at the beginning of season 3. And then people were kind enough to go back with me and discuss Season 1 and 2 And I've always been advocating for the Grounders.
See, what happens in the Pilot is that a ship comes down (the Grounders see that, they watch them). The Delinquents run for Mount Weather straight away. And only when they reach it do the Grounders spear Jasper. I've always thought that if the story of Season 1 might've been presented to us from the Grounder's perspective (as well / more), we would've maybe been more on their side as well. You can be on both sides at the same time
Up until now, we're (rightfully so) viewing Diyoza as one of the bad guys. But didn't all they do was come to earth?? And then Madi fired the first shot. And Clarke killed the guy. With possibly even less provocation than the Delinquents gave the Grounders in 1x01. I do not blame the Grounders in 1x01 for thinking the Delinquents would be allies to Mount Weather. I might blame them for not asking questions first. Which is what Clarke in 4x01 could've done too.
We're really getting a reversal, in which we're now on the Grounders side, versus being on the side of the people who came from the sky. It's all about perspective isn't it?
Old 05-26-2018, 04:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl under the floor (View Post)
That's great Paula!
Clarke deserves it that you like her IMO

Quote:
Up until now, we're (rightfully so) viewing Diyoza as one of the bad guys. But didn't all they do was come to earth?? And then Madi fired the first shot. And Clarke killed the guy. With possibly even less provocation than the Delinquents gave the Grounders in 1x01. I do not blame the Grounders in 1x01 for thinking the Delinquents would be allies to Mount Weather. I might blame them for not asking questions first. Which is what Clarke in 4x01 could've done too.
The show would be really boring if they all would have lived a peaceful life after landing
So irrational acting and unfortunate coincidences that make things worse, will always be part of the story
Old 05-26-2018, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Glad you like her now Paula
Old 05-26-2018, 06:35 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
We're really getting a reversal, in which we're now on the Grounders side, versus being on the side of the people who came from the sky. It's all about perspective isn't it?
The parallels really are amazing, and what a brilliant way of getting us to see the early seasons through the eyes of the Grounders without literally telling the same story again just from a different perspective. Bravo, show!

What was it that Anya told Clarke destroyed an entire village? I can't remember now. The delinquents shot off flares or something which started a fire and destroyed a village, which they were completely oblivious to. Knowing what we now know about the Grounders and how they were taught to believe science = magic, it's easy to see why the Grounders would think they were sent down to wipe them out.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I'm the one who pointed out that Maybe Octavia's threat to Bellamy was meant as a warning. Having said that, I fully acknowledge that it came across as a threat. I'm in no way saying or thinking that the writers tried to make it look like a warning (quite the opposite, I'm convinced the writers wanted there to be no doubt that it's a threat, cause that's more gut-punching).

I agree that it was meant to sucker punch the audience (as well as Bellamy), it just disturbs me that they decided to go down that route with the Blakes.

I was going to ask ... and I'm glad about this. I'm very pleased about Clarke this season TBH.

Quote:
See, what happens in the Pilot is that a ship comes down (the Grounders see that, they watch them). The Delinquents run for Mount Weather straight away. And only when they reach it do the Grounders spear Jasper. I've always thought that if the story of Season 1 might've been presented to us from the Grounder's perspective (as well / more), we would've maybe been more on their side as well. You can be on both sides at the same time

Well said. We've always said that nothing is ever cut and dried on this show and this further emphasizes that point ... I do think that there is a difference in how Diyoza and crew were presented (guns blazing, scary looking men etc.) vs the young delinquents and also, Clarke/Madi are outnumbered (which doesn't apply to the Grounders/delinquents scenario) but the point still holds.

And I've felt that there's a lot of season 1/5 parallels done so far, which I really like because it shows different POVs for different characters and how one action may be viewed negatively in one season, but in hindsight, might make a lot more sense within the context of the story being told now.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 05-26-2018, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Bravo, Sarah.

Paula, I definitely don’t fault you for still wanting to see the best in Octavia. Hell, I still want to see the best in her, too; I’m just finding it really difficult right now, for all the reasons I articulated. But I do acknowledge that we’ve seen some small traces of vulnerability. That wave to Monty, man . . . that wave to Monty. It’s literally my lifeline to her character right now.

I’m curious to get your perspective on this, since you’ve probably spent more time analyzing her than anyone else here: Where can Octavia go from here? Clarke was able to make Wanheda part of herself, her own identity. Can Octavia possibly do that with Bloodreina? Or is Bloodreina too extreme? Is there a way to merge the Red Queen with who she used to be?

Oh, also, I’m glad you’re liking Clarke more this season!
ICON
Old 05-26-2018, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I dunno if I find it different, speaking from the Grounders perspective.
The Grounders train their children young to become warriors. How/why would they not assume that the Delinquents are warriors?
Also, I think Octavia was being dang reasonable not leaving her weapons down in the bunker. Diyoza and co getting out of their ship with guns is just as reasonable to me.

Edit: just saw your post April, lemme think on it, I've got kids running around now
Old 05-26-2018, 10:20 AM
Master Fan

Kate and I will rewatch the episode in 40 minutes together

Maybe some of you want to join us
Old 05-26-2018, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This is why I always hated when people had the attitude that Grounders = bad/evil/nasty/monsters/etc. If the show presented the story from their POV, we wouldn't feel that way. The Sky People basically always start everything, let's be honest

Well, I guess Madi fired the first shot this year and she was a Grounder, so yeah - the roles have reversed 100%.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Have the headache from Hell right now but I'll be ready to go soon Sonja.