Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2018, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl under the floor (View Post)
I just rewatched the episode last night with Husband and I'm really concerned that the tearing of that drawing is major foreshadowing and I'm gonna loose my favorite character this season
I hadn't even thought of that TBH. But with the way things are heading when it comes to her character, I feel like it's a definite possibility.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 05-29-2018, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

It could be foreshadowing Octavia's death or at least Charmaine's attempt to kill her. Or we could just be reading into more than they meant for us to.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, too early to tell, I suppose but then again, the show does love to leave subtle hints in terms of what is to come during the season.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 05-29-2018, 06:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

I never thought that they would actually kill off Octavia. But anything is possible in this show unfortunately. I always worry about my top three favs as well. I really hope that Octavia is safe though. As much as she's far from the person I liked, I still see snippets of her outgoing, curious and loving spirit. How happy she was to see Bellamy. How she didn't just stare back with indifference when Monty waved across that desert. How her tough exterior faultered when Indra told her she loved her.

In saying that though, I just want to mention when rewatching some Octavia scenes in this episode and the one previous, I do feel like she sometimes acts like a child. Or the age she actually is. Particularly when she blames Bellamy for starting this war, which I can't fathom her logic in it. As well as being quick to dismiss Clarke's opinion regarding crossing that desert.
I also do feel, that even though she is an incredible warrior and values unity, I don't think she's a great leader or strategist (at least not right now, but I know she has been quite clever in the past when saving loved ones, which shows that love definitely isn't weakness). But right now, like someone mentioned, Gaia seems to be pulling a lot of the strings here. And it seems like a bunch of Octavia's other elders sort of shape her decisions for her. And maybe that power she has, has gone to her head a little. But this is what I have interpreted from her scenes so far, obviously I don't know ALL that has happened in those 6 years.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I just rewatched the episode last night with Husband and I'm really concerned that the tearing of that drawing is major foreshadowing and I'm gonna loose my favorite character this season
I thought this, too, at first, but now I’m thinking that seems a little too obvious. Notice how the drawing created two different halves of her once it was torn in half? Perhaps it was meant to symbolize how Octavia has been torn in half in these 6 years: Bloodreina vs. the true Octavia buried deep beneath the surface.
ICON
Old 05-29-2018, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's way cooler, I'm down with that April
Old 05-29-2018, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I had a feeling that interpretation would make you feel better.
ICON
Old 05-29-2018, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You know me well by now
Old 05-29-2018, 09:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm sure that they will not kill Octavia

Kane and Abby are the most threatened, I think ... as much as it would make me sad to lose them

Also I have thought about that Indra could die and that Indra's dead would be the one worse thing that finally opens Octavia's eyes about the consequences of her ruthless leadership
Old 05-29-2018, 09:48 AM
Addicted Fan

I don't believe they'll kill off Octavia, not for a second. Not only because she is one of the core characters and has been since the beginning, but because her death would completely destroy Bellamy so we'd basically be losing two core characters, not one. Plus I think if they wanted to foreshadow her death they would have had Diyoza toss the picture into a fire or something like that, not just tear it in half.

I believe the torn picture represents the two sides of Octavia, and I find hope in the fact that neither side was destroyed (so "our" Octavia is still in there, you guys! Blodreina has not taken over!) AND one side was not larger than the other. Not only is "our" Octavia still in there, she's not even been mostly consumed by Blodreina.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

When she ripped the drawing the first thing that popped into my head was "she dead", but then after reading April's question on the last page it also occurred to me that maybe it was just super symbolic about Octavia being torn between two sides. Then I saw April wrote that, anyway

I'm not convinced Octavia will die yet, I keep saying I think she might but I don't think I believe it myself.

Old 05-30-2018, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

I prefer your interpretation of the Octavia drawing too, April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy4839 (View Post)
I never thought that they would actually kill off Octavia. But anything is possible in this show unfortunately. I always worry about my top three favs as well. I really hope that Octavia is safe though. As much as she's far from the person I liked, I still see snippets of her outgoing, curious and loving spirit. How happy she was to see Bellamy. How she didn't just stare back with indifference when Monty waved across that desert. How her tough exterior faultered when Indra told her she loved her.

In saying that though, I just want to mention when rewatching some Octavia scenes in this episode and the one previous, I do feel like she sometimes acts like a child. Or the age she actually is. Particularly when she blames Bellamy for starting this war, which I can't fathom her logic in it. As well as being quick to dismiss Clarke's opinion regarding crossing that desert.
I am so holding on those little moments/glimpses into the softer side of Octavia and I sincerely hope that it means that she isn't lost just yet.

Yeah, honestly ... that really annoyed me that she/the others (apart from Indra and Miller) were ready to write Clarke off. I said as much during my rewatch but it was ridiculous how they never thought to consult Clarke since she was the ONLY one who lived in Eden for 6 freaking years and knew the ins and outs of the land. And how she kept blaming Bellamy for inciting the war when he literally did nothing of the sort and only tried to help.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 05-30-2018, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Octavia has drunk her own Kool-Aid. Nobody challenges or questions her (besides Indra) or calls her out when she’s wrong. So now she cannot even admit when she’s wrong or making a mistake. Power corrupts, and Octavia has way too much power.

I do feel that they may have written her character into a bit of a corner, though, and that worries me. If she survives this season, then what do they possibly do with her in season 6? She can’t ever go back to the way she was after all of this, but she can’t stay Bloodreina forever, either. Where would she fit in?
ICON
Old 05-30-2018, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have a theory (and some others have speculated as well), that if Octavia doesn't die, then in season six
Spoiler:

amelia | icon: mel
Old 05-30-2018, 01:04 PM
Addicted Fan

So........you guys think there's any chance ALIE made her way to Eligius III? The same Eligius III which Raven conveniently can't pull up any info about? The same Eligius III which had the original Nightbloods on it?