Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2018, 07:36 AM
Master Fan

I can feel some Memori vibes again

The Kane/Diyoza scenes are great in general

What do you think is the meaning of these Crosses on McCreary's back? ... A cross for everyone he has killed?
Old 05-27-2018, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

That's a possibility Sonja
Old 05-27-2018, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

You could be right about the crosses, it's like a mark of honour for him maybe? I can see McCreary doing that TBH.

UGH, I just cannot with Octavia thinking that she can defeat the wind somehow and just accusing Bellamy of starting a war (when it was her who did so).

This Kane/Diyoza scene is a bit strange, though I did like the bit where Diyoza was almost amused that Octavia had people who would die for her and follow her into the sandstorm.

Kane needs a comb.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 05-27-2018, 07:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
UGH, I just cannot with Octavia thinking that she can defeat the wind somehow and just accusing Bellamy of starting a war (when it was her who did so).
Yes, logical thinking is not O's thing right now

Quote:
This Kane/Diyoza scene is a bit strange, though I did like the bit where Diyoza was almost amused that Octavia had people who would die for her and follow her into the sandstorm.
I think Diyoza is impressed by what Octavia's people are doing for her

The ending scene is my favorite for some reason
Old 05-27-2018, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved the Clarke/Madi hug and Clarke reacting to Bellamy/Echo.

But not the Blakes scene, that was hard to watch.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 05-27-2018, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

Yes, the Blakes scene was hard to watch

At least O has thanked Clarke for saving her life and she has waved back to Monty

What?! Clarke showed some reaction to Bellamy/Echo? I didn't notice that! ... I was a bit distracted by the great Bellamy/Echo reunion scene ... just kidding
Old 05-27-2018, 08:29 AM
Addicted Fan

Not rehashing the Shaw betrayal argument, but some confirmed info regarding it --

I rewatched last night with the closed caps on, and Monty told Bellamy that Murphy said they had "a friend" in with Diyoza's crew and that if he (Murphy) was right, the "eye in the sky" wouldn't be watching them while they escaped before the missiles were launched. (This conversation was AFTER they had to drop Murphy off because of the proximity tether, btw.)

And that's exactly how it went down. Wonkru got out of the tents without Diyoza seeing and hid in the sandstorm, leaving the tents empty but lit up so it would look like they were still there when Shaw fired.

Thus, I still stand by this was all part of Raven's plan. I'm NOT saying Shaw hasn't been acting in his own best interest, I don't put the burden of 100% altruism on him, but I just don't believe he betrayed Raven and Murphy.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Thanks Taryn
Old 05-27-2018, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 (View Post)
At least O has thanked Clarke for saving her life and she has waved back to Monty

What?! Clarke showed some reaction to Bellamy/Echo? I didn't notice that! ... I was a bit distracted by the great Bellamy/Echo reunion scene ... just kidding
That gives me a bit of hope that Octavia isn't completely lost.

My focus was on Clarke, 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
I rewatched last night with the closed caps on, and Monty told Bellamy that Murphy said they had "a friend" in with Diyoza's crew and that if he (Murphy) was right, the "eye in the sky" wouldn't be watching them while they escaped before the missiles were launched. (This conversation was AFTER they had to drop Murphy off because of the proximity tether, btw.)

Thus, I still stand by this was all part of Raven's plan. I'm NOT saying Shaw hasn't been acting in his own best interest, I don't put the burden of 100% altruism on him, but I just don't believe he betrayed Raven and Murphy.
Good point. I felt like it would be kind of a simplistic plan for Raven to just go "Okay, Shaw needs to release Murphy and then Murphy will warn the others." I believe that there's a reason why the audience isn't in on Raven's plan (and that we'll learn more in episode 6, most likely).

Shaw is no angel for sure, but I don't believe that he betrayed them either.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 05-27-2018, 09:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
My focus was on Clarke, 100%.
Unfortunately the camera had the same focus like you Sarah

Seems like I have to tell the director what next time the focus must be!
Old 05-27-2018, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was a deliberate choice to show her reaction, I feel.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 05-27-2018, 09:39 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 (View Post)
Seems like I have to tell the director what next time the focus must be!
Old 05-27-2018, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

The director had the correct focus
Old 05-27-2018, 09:47 AM
Addicted Fan

Just sharing something else I posted on another board this morning. How does everyone here feel about the lack of children we've seen in Wonkru?

I don't know, I have a feeling there weren't many children born (or allowed to live) during those six years at all. I have a really dark suspicion that The Dark Year had more to do with human sacrifices than it did cannibalism, and very strict population control (yes, I'm referring to sacrificing pregnant women and/or babies who were found) may have been a part of that. Did we even see any children in any of the Bunkerkru scenes? We saw Gaia scolding Ethan at the end of Eden (and she called him a Wonkru novitiate, which leads me to believe she was grooming him to either take over her role, or serve alongside her in the same sort of capacity) but I don't remember seeing any others who would have been considered children. I know Kane mentioned children being trained as warriors, but the fact that we never actually see any of them leads me to believe there aren't very many. Like, at all. Personally I envision something much like the ancient Spartan culture -- only the very strongest are even allowed to survive, and children are taken from their parents at a very young age to be trained.

Speaking of Gaia......I know everyone is so fixated with Octavia having become Blodreina, but Gaia has played a HUGE part of that. From my viewpoint, Gaia has almost single-handedly created this Wonkru cult and has honed it - and Octavia - into the horror we are seeing in present time. I've gone back and rewatched all the S5 episodes with my eye on Gaia, and you can literally see her forming and shaping this violence-based cult in her mind in Red Queen. "Let the blood of her enemies be her armor" is something she meant literally, and as the only surviving spiritual leader she had full autonomy to create whatever religious atmosphere she wanted. And Blodreina and a Gladiator cult is apparently what she wanted.
Old 05-27-2018, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
The director had the correct focus

For real, though, shipping preferences aside, it makes sense to show Clarke’s reaction. She spent the episode getting closer to Bellamy again, finding that familiarity with him, only to see that at the end and realize he’s not as familiar as she had hoped.

Taryn, that’s super disturbing stuff to think about. But it’s not like all the women would just get pregnant in one year, so I’m not sure how feasible that theory that the Dark Year had to do with sacrifices is? But I wouldn’t rule out the possibility, either. Well . . . yeah, maybe. If children who were old enough like Ethan were already being trained. I don’t know.

#Unsettling.

I love how you’re not holding back on Gaia, btw. I always knew I didn’t like her, and this season is confirming it! She’s the fanatic of all fanatics, I believe.
ICON