Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2014, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinJames23 (View Post)
But they're not just saying Bob and Eliza have good chemistry or dynamic. They're recapping episodes and indicating that they're developing feelings for each other. There's a difference. I'm all about being realistic and accepting what's in front of us but that's the thing. Since pretty much everyone is seeing a potential romance is being created between Bellarke, then what's being conveyed onscreen is clearly different from what the writers are trying to sell/say. It just doesn't add up.

Jules You definitely can't lower chemistry between two actors but you can lower the amount of scenes two characters have together. If Jason is against Bellarke as much as he seems to be at times, I PRAY he doesn't take Bellarke in a completely different direction next season and have it to where they share as few scenes as possible that's my only concern right now.
Then again it's all about the chemistry and the acting. They are pointing the same as us.

Writing an episode where they go on a trip together does not mean that it will turn out romantic. We're talking about the leaders here and the everyone made it clear that we'd see their dynamic change (even the writers) from two people who couldn't stand each other to two people who respect and listen to each other. You need that kind of episode like episode 8 to develop the characters and have them sort of bond.

Everyone except the people who actually wrote the show...

Honestly I don't understand some of Jason's reactions most of the time but I don't think sci-fi fanboy is dumb. Whether people like it or not a huge amount of viewers are Bellarke "fans" and having them share less screentime would mean anger and bad reactions from the fanbase. Usually you tend to avoid that as a creator/writer. Unless you don't want your show to get renewed but I don't think that something we should worry about LOL

I'm reading tumblr at the moment and lots of people are complaining about fans abusing and simply tweet about the ships I find it irritating.

Lync, during the pilot when Bellamy wanted to open the door of the dropship and Clarke was all "wait, the air could be toxic", I thought "those two are soooo gonna be butting heads". Then the next episode confirmed that basically. I actually started to feel "tension" when Bellamy wanted to take off Clarke's wristband and when she fell in the grounder trapp. But then what sold it for me was the look on his face when he saw her killing Atom. It wasn't anything romantic but I was like "oh yeahhhh this is gonna be good, things already taking a different turn". I was so over Finn at that point.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 05-31-2014, 02:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
I'm reading tumblr at the moment and lots of people are complaining about fans abusing and simply tweet about the ships I find it irritating.
Ugh, tell me about it. I'm utterly annoyed. Those lunatic fans on twitter don't speak for all of us, you know. Some other stuff too, but I won't get into it.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticRiver (View Post)
Ugh, tell me about it. I'm utterly annoyed. Those lunatic fans on twitter don't speak for all of us, you know. Some other stuff too, but I won't get into it.
What I find irritating is all the buzz around it. I mean most Bellarke fans on twitter do tweet about the show in general, not only about Bellarke. The all retweet thing is a mess and people just need to STOP mentioning the actors/writers in every of their tweet. That's stupid and annoying them. Some need to understand as well that not all of the viewers came into the show for the plot but they've seen gifs/pictures/videos about Bellarke and that's when they decided to give the show a chance.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 05-31-2014, 03:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
What I find irritating is all the buzz around it. I mean most Bellarke fans on twitter do tweet about the show in general, not only about Bellarke. The all retweet thing is a mess and people just need to STOP mentioning the actors/writers in every of their tweet. That's stupid and annoying them. Some need to understand as well that not all of the viewers came into the show for the plot but they've seen gifs/pictures/videos about Bellarke and that's when they decided to give the show a chance.
Exactly. I am one of those people. Not ashamed to admit it either.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticRiver (View Post)
Exactly. I am one of those people. Not ashamed to admit it either.
and you shouldn't. I don't see why people are making such a big deal out of it. This is nonsense.

I have a feeling this fandom will be full of surprises.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 05-31-2014, 05:16 PM
Absolute Fan

A lot of the TVD fans I follow on twitter started watching The 100 bc so many of us were talking about Bellarke and posting vids/gifs. In a way, we help promote the show. They should be thankful regardless if we love the show partly because of a ship that isn't canon yet.

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}
Old 05-31-2014, 06:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
A lot of the TVD fans I follow on twitter started watching The 100 bc so many of us were talking about Bellarke and posting vids/gifs. In a way, we help promote the show. They should be thankful regardless if we love the show partly because of a ship that isn't canon yet.
Kind of funny how they don't (or may not) see this side of things. If I'm being perfectly honest, I am mainly interested in Bellamy and Clarke's dynamic. It's the reason I started watching afterall. If I didn't like the show as a whole, I'd probably YT their scenes. I'm just having a little trouble getting into some of the other characters. Not a fan of Raven, not a fan of Finn (though this is mainly because he has no personality, and is just there). I didn't like Ovtavia at first, but I'm starting to like her.

Bellarke (as friends, as leaders, etc.) are the nucleus of the show (for me, and perhaps some of you), and if their journey together starts to disenigrate, then I probably will stop watching.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:11 PM
New Fan

I started watching the show because of the Bellarke fanvid and their thread in fanforum as well, after that I started to like the show generally.

I'm still in having a culture shock myself in this 'shipping' fandom thing, but I'm a bit disappointed on how Jason and others respond in twitter. I know that they want people to see the show in whole, but not all of us watch the show because of the entire plot and casts in the first place. I'm kind of worried people will stop watching because of how they deal with the fandom in twitter. I mean come on, this is social media, people will definitely rant and blabber about everything they think about the show whether they like it or not.
Old 06-01-2014, 03:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrificusTotalus (View Post)
Kind of funny how they don't (or may not) see this side of things. If I'm being perfectly honest, I am mainly interested in Bellamy and Clarke's dynamic. It's the reason I started watching afterall. If I didn't like the show as a whole, I'd probably YT their scenes. I'm just having a little trouble getting into some of the other characters. Not a fan of Raven, not a fan of Finn (though this is mainly because he has no personality, and is just there). I didn't like Ovtavia at first, but I'm starting to like her.

Bellarke (as friends, as leaders, etc.) are the nucleus of the show (for me, and perhaps some of you), and if their journey together starts to disenigrate, then I probably will stop watching.
I completely agree with you and Lync. I mean COME ON, it is obvious that part of the people who watch the show didn't start for the main plot. Yet they are complaining. We all have different reasons for watching show and we wouldn't be critized for it. That's unfair. At the end of the day we still take the time to watch all the episodes and help them promote the show. They should be ****ing thankful. I could name you plenty of shows I started to watch because of a ship (an The 100 is not on of them).

I am now reaching a point with the show where Bellarke is becoming my main reason for watching because whether they want it or not, they are taking the show over as individuals and together. If they try to go in a all new direction because of the all "I don't do fan service" excuse, because they're not liking that people only talk about Bellarke blah blah blah then why would I watch the show?

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 06-01-2014, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I came into this series because of the 1dt promo. It looked interesting. I liked the idea of these 2 characters from the start. Before the series aired I got the book which made me like them even more. As the series progressed they have been my number one, always surprising me. I haven't been disappointed yet. When they do finally get together all the waiting, and build up will have been worth it. They remind me so much of one of my other favorite couples, who I'm not going to name. It just works, and if the writers don't continue on this path, I could see the story deteriorating fast. I don't want to push for it with the writers because when it all comes down to it they are going to write what they want, but I want them to at least try to make these two work at some point. It's a golden opportunity.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 06-01-2014, 06:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepThisaSecret (View Post)
I came into this series because of the 1dt promo. It looked interesting. I liked the idea of these 2 characters from the start. Before the series aired I got the book which made me like them even more. As the series progressed they have been my number one, always surprising me. I haven't been disappointed yet. When they do finally get together all the waiting, and build up will have been worth it. They remind me so much of one of my other favorite couples, who I'm not going to name. It just works, and if the writers don't continue on this path, I could see the story deteriorating fast. I don't want to push for it with the writers because when it all comes down to it they are going to write what they want, but I want them to at least try to make these two work at some point. It's a golden opportunity.

I couldn't agree more with you.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 06-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I adore the cast & crew of The 100, but I feel like they're mostly mocking us now when they mention Bellarke. Even Akela at times. So idk.

I also noticed how Clarke and Bellamy's names are next to each other in that storyboard pic
Yeah...

I don't know if I will be hanging in for The 100. I'll see how Season 1 ends and Season 2 begins, but without the expectation and anticipation of Bellarke, I honestly just lose interest. Sorry if it angers the writers that I fell in love with Bellarke, see so much potential with them as a romantic pairing, that they are my main reason for tuning in every week, but it is what it is, and I can't help it that they are what I love most about this show. The writers attitude about it kinda pisses me off.

Last edited by SassyCat; 06-01-2014 at 10:21 AM
Old 06-01-2014, 10:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Thank you.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyCat (View Post)
Yeah...

I don't know if I will be hanging in for The 100. I'll see how Season 1 ends and Season 2 begins, but without the expectation and anticipation of Bellarke, I honestly just lose interest. Sorry if it angers the writers that I fell in love with Bellarke, see so much potential with them as a romantic pairing, that they are my main reason for tuning in every week, but it is what it is, and I can't help it that they are what I love most about this show. The writers attitude about it kinda pisses me off.
I know what you mean. A couple can make a show. Like Kat & Vincent on B&TB. They have so much chem and are on fire in their love scenes. Epi. 15 in 2013 got me hooked.

Jason can put any couple together, there is no reason he can't satisfy a huge fanbase, other than stubbornest. If he thinks he is going to manipulate the fans to enjoy the show only on its si-fi merits, hes mistaken.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

Guys, the scene of Clarke killing the grounder is up for scene of the week along scenes from other shows. Don't forget to vote. Scene Of The Week - June 1, 2014 - POLL | Spoilers

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy