Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2014, 09:30 AM
Absolute Fan

I'm already expecting Flarke to give it a go by season's end and I only dislike that due to Clarke's integrity. I feel she deserves so much better and he really hasn't given her reason to trust him so far. It doesn't concern me tho on the Bellarke front. I'm still all about slow burn with them.

Amy I completely agree! I posted this in the spoiler thread and I'll say it here too. If Jason really doesn't want the fandom to ship Bellarke so much then him and the writers need to stop writing them so incredibly! I mean they can't be that surprised by our reactions when they're the ones who keep giving them so many scenes and important ones at that! I go by what I see onscreen and if I was a viewer that was just tuning in, I would instantly think Bellarke is the couple being written for, not Flarke. I mean, they've continuously built them up and stronger with each episode. The trust thing was a big deal. Idk. I think Jason just really wants to drive home the "it's a story about survival". He wants the show to be so different ffrom CW's usual genre which is great and I love that about the show but at same time, when you have a unique gold mine with a story such as Bellarke and the actors' chemistry, you shouldn't try to avoid it for personal agenda. It could end up damaging the show.

I still think Bellarke is an eventual target.

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}
Old 05-21-2014, 09:32 AM
Master Fan

I don't think I need to add something to what Jason said...

"์•„ ์•„๊นŒ๋Š” ๋ชป ๋ฐ›์•„์„œ ๋ฏธ์•ˆํ•ด
์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy
Old 05-21-2014, 09:34 AM
Master Fan

So this tells me ALL I need to know about Jason.

Quote:
For better or worse, The CW has a certain thing that they do and are known for. For better or worse, the sci-fi community โ€“ of which I consider myself a member โ€“ has a little bit of an attitude about it.
He's a sci-fi fanboy basically. So, we'll definitely get romance but it's never going to be the main focus like on TVD or Reign which honestly, I'm not that sad about. It does annoy me that he didn't like 1x08 but whatever. That episode was character driven so for him there probably wasn't enough action.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 05-21-2014, 09:36 AM
Master Fan

sci-fi fanboy which also means characters that dance around each other for years and that we never get to see together LOOOL (this is coming from a girl who used to be a major Stargate SG1/Stargate Atlantis fan)

์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy
Old 05-21-2014, 09:52 AM
Master Fan

^You are so right. I loved both of those shows AND Battlestar Galactica and had to deal with angst for years. I think the CW and other writers will push the romance a little more, so thank God for that. My heart was ripped out by Ron Moore and David Eick with the BSG finale with my OTP of Lee/Kara. I re-watched the series finale recently and I kept thinking that it's been years so it's not going to bother me, it's not going to phase me. As I was watching some of the final scenes I became a sobbing mess again. I still hate Moore and Eick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinJames23 (View Post)
Amy I completely agree! I posted this in the spoiler thread and I'll say it here too. If Jason really doesn't want the fandom to ship Bellarke so much then him and the writers need to stop writing them so incredibly! I mean they can't be that surprised by our reactions when they're the ones who keep giving them so many scenes and important ones at that! I go by what I see onscreen and if I was a viewer that was just tuning in, I would instantly think Bellarke is the couple being written for, not Flarke. I mean, they've continuously built them up and stronger with each episode. The trust thing was a big deal. Idk. I think Jason just really wants to drive home the "it's a story about survival". He wants the show to be so different ffrom CW's usual genre which is great and I love that about the show but at same time, when you have a unique gold mine with a story such as Bellarke and the actors' chemistry, you shouldn't try to avoid it for personal agenda. It could end up damaging the show.

I still think Bellarke is an eventual target.
ITA especially with the bolded. Here's the thing, Jason isn't the only writer on the show. There are also fangirls on his writing staff that are shippers themselves so, yeah, Bellarke's happening. Hell, it's already happening whether he wants to acknowledge it or not.

In reading his comments, I don't think Flarke is the romance they're writing towards either. If I'm going based on what I see onscreen, I feel like Octavia/Lincoln is the "romance" storyline this season b/c the two of them together actually drives the grounder story and the survivor story. My expectations for this season are that we're not going to get anything really romantic with Bellarke so I'm fully prepared for that.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRBudgrl8 (View Post)
^You are so right. I loved both of those shows AND Battlestar Galactica and had to deal with angst for years. I think the CW and other writers will push the romance a little more, so thank God for that. My heart was ripped out by Ron Moore and David Eick with the BSG finale with my OTP of Lee/Kara. I re-watched the series finale recently and I kept thinking that it's been years so it's not going to bother me, it's not going to phase me. As I was watching some of the final scenes I became a sobbing mess again. I still hate Moore and Eick.

ITA especially with the bolded. Here's the thing, Jason isn't the only writer on the show. There are also fangirls on his writing staff that are shippers themselves so, yeah, Bellarke's happening. Hell, it's already happening whether he wants to acknowledge it or not.

In reading his comments, I don't think Flarke is the romance they're writing towards either. If I'm going based on what I see onscreen, I feel like Octavia/Lincoln is the "romance" storyline this season b/c the two of them together actually drives the grounder story and the survivor story. My expectations for this season are that we're not going to get anything really romantic with Bellarke so I'm fully prepared for that.
I wasn't a major BG fan but I've seen the entire show. As for me I had 10 years of having Sam/Jack dancing around each other, loving each other but they couldn't be together because she was working under his command and when he finally retired, there were others obstacles and then Richard left the show and we were left with just a few hints that Jack and Amanda did end up together at the end. Nothing concret. Same for Stargate Atlantis with John and Teyla...and they didn't even end up together because the show was canceled when it got interesting -.-'''

I hate sci-fi shows so much LOOOOL

Yes, it is a good thing that we have girls like Akela Cooper on the writting staff but I can't live through the Olicity roller coaster unless it is written like gold...or not...

I agree about his comment, I directly thought of Lincoln and Octavia. He keeps talking about them in all his interviews and how their this forbidden love story between them blah blah blah seems to me like he has his preference already.

I hated the fact that he didn't like episode 8.

He killed the mood in less than 2 minutes and I'm feeling kinda down now...

์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy

Last edited by Maud&Danny; 05-21-2014 at 10:42 AM
Old 05-21-2014, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
I wasn't a major BG fan but I've seen the entire show. As for me I had 10 years of having Amanda/Jack dancing around each other, loving each other but they couldn't be together because she was working under his command and when he finally retired, there were others obstacles and then Richard left the show and we were left with just a few hints that Jack and Amanda did end up together at the end. Nothing concret. Same for Stargate Atlantis with John and Teyla...and they didn't even end up together because the show was canceled when it got interesting -.-'''
Jack/Sam (Amanda Tapping played Sam ) were frustrating especially b/c they kept putting obstacles in there way but then they'd have episodes like the one where Jack and Teal'c relived a day over and over again (I think it was called Forever) and they had him kiss her and confess his feelings but then that was it. Ugh, it was so annoying. I was a Daniel/Vala fan so I was happy with the way the series ended. As for John/Teyla, I know exactly what you mean. I never really hard-core shipped them but I loved the idea of them and then they had to go and get Teyla pregnant by some guy in her tribe b/c the actress was pregnant.

However, those shows as well as BSG were all on SyFy so I'm not surprised by the delaying of the romances b/c of the fanboys that get all whiny at the mere mention of love. The 100 is on the CW so I fully expect romance, it'll just never be the core focus like it has become on TVD and most especially, Reign.

Quote:
Yes, it is a good thing that we have girls like Akela Cooper on the writting staff but I can't live through the Olicity roller coaster unless it is written like gold...or not...
I can live through that as long as it's written well and I just don't think they'll ever jack with the fans quite that much. If it was just Jason? Hell yeah, he would totally pull the same crap as Guggenheim and Kreisberg.

Quote:
I agree about his comment, I directly thought of Lincoln and Octavia. He keeps talking about them in all his interviews and how their this forbidden love story between them blah blah blah seems to me like he has his preference already.
Yeah, but his preference is that it's driving the story, not necessarily the romance. Their romance is bringing the grounder/the 100 story together and that's what he likes.

Quote:
I hated the fact that he didn't like episode 8.
Meh, like I said, as a sci-fi fanboy, character driven episodes are NOT his thing and that's exactly what 1x08 was. There wasn't a ton of action or deaths so I'm not taking it as a slight against Bellarke. Maybe I should but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:48 AM
Master Fan

Amy, now I feel uncomfortable. 10 years of watching Stargate SG1 and I called her Amanda and not Sam LOOOOL I'll let you know that I used to call her Amanda even when she was on Sanctuary. :p

What gets on my nerve is that Jason kind of dismiss it all the time and when he talks about them it's always to remind us that the show is about surival ugh! We understood it the first time. -.-'''' Plus while we know that just like us he was the amazing chemistry between Eliza/Bob, I feel like all the "hints", all the things we've seen and that we tought were leaning mmore towards the romantic vibes were all in our heads our shippers hearts. With this itw he took away something XD

Can you believe that I'm not even excited for the rest of the season? LOL Oh and one more things, I always prefered the icing than the cake itself ahahahaha

์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy
Old 05-21-2014, 10:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
He's a sci-fi fanboy basically. So, we'll definitely get romance but it's never going to be the main focus like on TVD or Reign which honestly, I'm not that sad about. It does annoy me that he didn't like 1x08 but whatever. That episode was character driven so for him there probably wasn't enough action.
I think it's better that romance won't be the main focus because if it is shows run out of ideas really fast. 1x08 was amazing and people loved it. I don't get why he didn't like it. I guess he prefers the action/suspense part of the show.

Quote:
I hope you are right. I don't ship anyone other than Bellarke but I don't mind Octavia/Lincoln. Also I think they aren't promoting Flarke because of the non reaction by the fandom. Nobody cares about the love triangle.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:52 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't know.. maybe they'll put Clarke with Finn just so she can realize (on her own, and not because of Raven being in the picture) that she ultimately doesn't want him..
Old 05-21-2014, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

I don't even see Clarke and Finn happening...

Here's what I do to Jason's cake...

์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy
Old 05-21-2014, 10:57 AM
Elite Fan

I don't mind if Finn kisses her or tells her about his feelings and she says "no". I just don't want them together again.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:03 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I don't even see Clarke and Finn happening...

Here's what I do to Jason's cake...
Aw, your icon. Such a cute scene.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
Now that they know about Bellarke's popularity I hope they write towards them in S2. I just don't want Clarke with Finn again. I can be patient and I can deal with Bellarke not being romantic as long as they keep interacting and we keep getting build up without anyone in the middle.
BUT in his interview, he said this about season 2 in terms of Bellarke:

Quote:
itโ€™s not one weโ€™re writing towards now frankly.
So it does NOT sound like we'll get Bellarke in season 2.

He only says he won't close the door on them...perhaps to not upset the Bellarke fans.

But the fact that they STILL do not want to write a romance for them in season 2 is pretty sad.

I think that in the early episodes, Bellarke romance wasn't considered. But as season 1 went on, the writers definitely started giving more hints and focus to them. Shooting lesson, "I need you," etc...

Bellarke are a possibility, but it sounds like it will happen LATER. Not in season 2. And thus far, we don't even know if we will even get a season 3 or 4.

So I don't like what he said about them not even considering it in season 2. That's kind of rough for fans!

I ALWAYS figured if it is only icing on the cake, then why not give us a Bellarke romance! If Jason is not too into romances/love stories, then he'd have no issue getting other people together. Like Bellamy/Clarke together. He sure has hooked up many other pairings already!

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
Old 05-21-2014, 12:00 PM
Extreme Fan

I think he's just being skittish. The Bellarke love is too massive to dismiss.