Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2017, 07:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Amazing episode. And really surprising (to me, since I had avoided all the spoilers!). There are so many things that I have questions about, and I'm not sure I'm going to end up loving the time jump, although we'll see next season, but here are four things I loved about tonight:

1) Bellamy/Octavia conversation at the beginning. She finally said she loved him, she looked to him for advice, and he showed how much he's come to respect and believe in her, not just want to protect her. That really gave her the strength to go out and face HER people--the 1200.

2) Clarke/Bellamy heart-to-heart. I actually am not into these two romantically, but I love their friendship and their partnership, and it was so nice that they too finally expressed things (Clarke especially) that had been left unsaid too long.

3) Clarke's strength and determination when she realized she wouldn't make it back to the rocket on time, but she was going to climb up there and fix the antenna to save her friends.

4) I'm honestly shocked that they didn't leave Clarke's status a cliffhanger over the hiatus--is she dead? is she alive? Can they jerk us around emotionally for 8 months?--in fact they didn't even leave us waiting five minutes. I appreciate not being emotionally manipulated!
Old 05-24-2017, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)
Amazing episode. And really surprising (to me, since I had avoided all the spoilers!). There are so many things that I have questions about, and I'm not sure I'm going to end up loving the time jump, although we'll see next season, but here are four things I loved about tonight:
Yay for being spoiler-free! I'm intrigued by the time jump.

Quote:
1) Bellamy/Octavia conversation at the beginning. She finally said she loved him, she looked to him for advice, and he showed how much he's come to respect and believe in her, not just want to protect her. That really gave her the strength to go out and face HER people--the 1200.
I loved that, too, and I'm so glad the finale didn't leave us without a Blake siblings scene. Their relationship has been so central this season, and I honestly think this season has been their season.

Quote:
2) Clarke/Bellamy heart-to-heart. I actually am not into these two romantically, but I love their friendship and their partnership, and it was so nice that they too finally expressed things (Clarke especially) that had been left unsaid too long.
That's cool. There are obviously a lot of Bellarke shippers here, so there's going to be some fangirling for sure in the wake of this episode (myself included), but I really appreciate that someone who doesn't ship them romantically is still a fan of the Bellarke in this episode.

Quote:
3) Clarke's strength and determination when she realized she wouldn't make it back to the rocket on time, but she was going to climb up there and fix the antenna to save her friends.
Once Clarke seized that bunker, I figured the season finale was going to have to include something like this for her. I've been critical of and conflicted by her at some points this season, but ultimately, I've remained a fan, and this episode reminds me why.

Quote:
4) I'm honestly shocked that they didn't leave Clarke's status a cliffhanger over the hiatus--is she dead? is she alive? Can they jerk us around emotionally for 8 months?--in fact they didn't even leave us waiting five minutes. I appreciate not being emotionally manipulated!
I thought for sure that's how it would end, with us not knowing if she'd made it, or perhaps with us not knowing if Bellamy and Co. had made it. Or both.

ETA:
Quote:
That ship that came down at the very end was hinted at very early in the season in a conversation between Abby and Jackson. I don't remember all the exact details, but the Eligius Corporation sent a bunch of convicts to a distant mining colony in space but the colony lost communications with Earth 100 years ago, shortly before ALIE nuked the planet. So it seems they just got home... Maybe they can help dig out the bunker. Maybe they'll be the big bads of S5. I am excite to find out!!!
That's the part I didn't understand, because I didn't remember Abby and Jackson's conversation. What episode was that in? Must've been an episode I only watched once. Got it now.
ICON

Last edited by April7739; 05-24-2017 at 08:06 PM
Old 05-24-2017, 08:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
That ship that came down at the very end was hinted at very early in the season in a conversation between Abby and Jackson. I don't remember all the exact details, but the Eligius Corporation sent a bunch of convicts to a distant mining colony in space but the colony lost communications with Earth 100 years ago, shortly before ALIE nuked the planet. So it seems they just got home... Maybe they can help dig out the bunker. Maybe they'll be the big bads of S5. I am excite to find out!!!
Thank goodness. I honestly had no recollection of any mention of that before. And my brain went to, "Aliens! What! For the love, show you are NOT going there! " In my defense of that ridiculous assumption, I've been stressed and tired for the last week and horribly sick the last two days. So I'm a bit loopy and not thinking clearly.

Honestly, I'm amazed I was able to process any of this episode. I will definitely have to go back and rewatch when I no longer feel like there's a tiny man with a mallet knocking around inside my head...

Words cannot describe how I loved the opening scene with Bellamy and Octavia. Octavia told him she loves him.

Totally began freaking out when Monty removed his gloves. And when Murphy left him I yelled "You better go back for him!" And well...of course he did. Cause Murphy is awesome. And awesome will save other awesome.

I won't know how to feel about this time jump until next season.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:58 PM
Addicted Fan

Somehow I remembered about the prisoners, but I don't remember the fine details. Becca has something to do with them right? Like, they tested something on them? Weren't they put into some deep sleep?
Old 05-24-2017, 09:13 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph26 (View Post)
Somehow I remembered about the prisoners, but I don't remember the fine details. Becca has something to do with them right? Like, they tested something on them? Weren't they put into some deep sleep?
Yeah, they tested the nightblood on them to protect them from radiation while they were out there in space, I think. And maybe also the cryosleep chambers that got mentioned in there somewhere were used for the long-distance space travel? Something like that. Somebody's gotta rewatch that episode. Abby and Jackson talked about it while Raven was having her zero-g hallucination/seizure.

Also, I think in 4x01 when they're still in Arkadia in the immediate aftermath of the S3 finale, Raven is sitting in front of a computer screen that has an old newspaper article about losing communication with the mining colony. Some eagle-eyed gumshoes figured this out back at the beginning of the season and everyone's just been waiting for it to become relevant ever since.

It's cool. It reminds me of how Lincoln mentioned the Mountain Men once or twice in passing during S1 and then they showed up big time in the finale.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:14 PM
Total Fan

^Lincoln 6years ....
Old 05-24-2017, 09:19 PM
Total Fan

YES. Thank you.

I kind of got the idea that maybe Clarke's daily radio messages to Bellamy might have had something to do with that ship landing right in her front yard. At first I just figured that maybe they landed there because, like she said, it was the only spot of green. But then I thought maybe they've been listening to her the whole time and that was how they knew it was safe to come back to Earth and it just took them 6 years to actually travel there from wherever they were.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

God I am so happy I didn't read the leaked pages. I just saw that one thing, that them going to space was possible. That's it
Old 05-24-2017, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm glad I didn't read the leaked scripts either, I knew they existed, even saw them but decided not to read them.

It's 6:30, just finished, going to work soon, need time processing.

Thought we would get more scenes in the bunker, that was a bit lacking.

Echo's and Emori's reactions to Raven floating in space.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:33 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
Yeah, they tested the nightblood on them to protect them from radiation while they were out there in space, I think. And maybe also the cryosleep chambers that got mentioned in there somewhere were used for the long-distance space travel? Something like that. Somebody's gotta rewatch that episode. Abby and Jackson talked about it while Raven was having her zero-g hallucination/seizure.

Also, I think in 4x01 when they're still in Arkadia in the immediate aftermath of the S3 finale, Raven is sitting in front of a computer screen that has an old newspaper article about losing communication with the mining colony. Some eagle-eyed gumshoes figured this out back at the beginning of the season and everyone's just been waiting for it to become relevant ever since.

It's cool. It reminds me of how Lincoln mentioned the Mountain Men once or twice in passing during S1 and then they showed up big time in the finale.

Thanks Fuzzy! That clip was released as a sneak peak, right? It should be relatively easy to find, but I have to go to sleep.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

YOOOOOOOOOOO

this episode.

was so good

that's all.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 05-24-2017, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok as soon as my aunts leave my hotel room I HAVE THINGS TO SAY

Also Fuzzy yes! The mining people totally heard Clarke's messages to Bellamy.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Is it possible that the mining group has made contact with Bellamy's group and they're, like, working together or something? I have no idea. I'm just spit-balling here.

I already rewatched, like the spaz I am. But I still can't post any serious analysis right now.

Favorite episode. Favorite season. Favorite characters heavily featured. I am in fandom HEAVEN right now.
ICON
Old 05-24-2017, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Would it be possible that the mining group took the group on the Ark hostage?

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have no idea.

I can't think. Still too busy thudding.

4x10 - 4x13 has been my favorite stretch of episodes in the entire series.
ICON