Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2017, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

If you have two choices but don't consider both of them, just choose one of them, no matter the outcome, then to me that's wrong. TonDC was ridiculous, Clarke didn't even consider another option. Would have been great to see Clarke trying to convince Lexa to at least try finding another way, challenge her plan, don't just leave people to die without trying to save them.

Quote:
Is it only wrong because that choice often falls on the side of her people? She's in no different position than any other clan leader except they don't get pummeled for choosing their own.
Lexa has been critisized for taking the deal with MW and choosing her people over the alliance with Skaikru (which also didn't make sense considering their whole blood must have blood rhetoric but I digress). If we are talking TonDC, then neither Clarke nor Lexa chose their people, they chose to sacrifice their people, so that Bellamy wouldn't get exposed which was lazy writing bc them starting an evacuation or even finding the spy wouldn't have automatically exposed Bellamy.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.

Last edited by Karma Police; 06-02-2017 at 01:35 PM
Old 06-02-2017, 05:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
If you have two choices but don't consider both of them, just choose one of them, no matter the outcome, then to me that's wrong. TonDC was ridiculous, Clarke didn't even consider another option. Would have been great to see Clarke trying to convince Lexa to at least try finding another way, challenge her plan, don't just leave people to die without trying to save them.
Honestly I think this is more a complaint about the writing of the show than about any particular character's actions. I think the writers wanted to set up a binary choice: allow the missile to hit or expose Bellamy and doom the delinquents inside Mount Weather. And I agree it didn't make a lot of sense. Surely there were other options. But there was never a hint of those other options within the episode (if I recall correctly; I've only seen it once, more than a year ago!). I don't think we as the audience were meant to say "there were so many other possibilities that Clarke ignored" rather I think we were meant to see her facing a horrible choice with no good outcomes.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't think we as the audience were meant to say "there were so many other possibilities that Clarke ignored" rather I think we were meant to see her facing a horrible choice with no good outcomes.
I don't know, I've actually always interpreted it the former way, as "there were other possibilities/things she could have done . . . and she DIDN'T." And that's why I've never really had a difficult time saying that I think that was one of the most questionable of Clarke's choices.
ICON
Old 06-02-2017, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

http://www.fanforum.com/f34/praimfay.../#post90365578