Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2018, 11:06 AM
Master Fan

- Bellamy descending like an angel with lights surronding him. Can he like not? I love him enough already.

- Bellamy and Octavia reunion was so lovely for 5.6 seconds until it went to hell. One of the few things I hope for is the Blake siblings to be on the same page. Is it too much to ask for?

- Raven and Murphy being survivalist. Let's see how that works out for them.

- Bellamy and Clarke's reunion was beautiful! The look on both of their faces. The hugs. Bob and Eliza knocked it out of the park. (Even the cute little laughs over Murphy's cockroach comment).

- Poor Kane and Abby is addicted to pills? The trauma of it all. Makes sense.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Where tf is Niylah though? I completely forgot that I didn’t see her

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 05-16-2018, 01:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow. I was afraid that Wonkru's numbers would have taken a hit beyond what was needed to weather the extra time in the bunker, but I didn't imagine that they had nearly 400 casualties - more, if there were any babies born to add to their numbers. I like that Octavia knew exactly how many people were in the bunker. She may not show it, but I'd say that every death is a burden to her. It'll be interesting to see how she copes with the deaths now that they've been rescued.

The gladiatorial match makes me question how much power Octavia really has in this. Gaia has created the rituals surrounding the fighting pit, and Octavia might be the one to decree whether or not the last survivor is free, but she can't go against the vote of the crowd. Octavia started it, but I think that it may have grown beyond her.

Something bad went down in the Dark Year, so much so that it's illegal to speak of it. Cannibalism seems almost too obvious, but I can't think what else it could be.

I wonder what ails the Elegius group. It must be bad if they were willing to free 1,200 people just to get a doctor. I also wonder if we'll hear from Elegius III; they're all Nightbloods, right?
Old 05-16-2018, 02:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regan (View Post)
I also wonder if we'll hear from Elegius III; they're all Nightbloods, right?
I have a feeling that Eligius III will be important at the latest at the end of S5 and in S6, but it's only speculation

It was really interesting to see how these two have focused on each other

Last edited by sonny1; 05-16-2018 at 02:15 PM
Old 05-16-2018, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn’t have any problems with the pacing of the episode. I like the sense of urgency in season 5. It makes everything feel heightened. And I feel like we did get slower, softer moments between Bellarke, Clarke/Raven, Kabby, and (briefly) between the Blakes, but that one obviously wasn’t gonna stay soft for long.
ICON
Old 05-16-2018, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

There were times it felt rushed to me.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:03 PM
Elite Fan

Dp

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 05-16-2018, 03:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I like that Octavia knew exactly how many people were in the bunker. She may not show it, but I'd say that every death is a burden to her. It'll be interesting to see how she copes with the deaths now that they've been rescued.

The gladiatorial match makes me question how much power Octavia really has in this. Gaia has created the rituals surrounding the fighting pit, and Octavia might be the one to decree whether or not the last survivor is free, but she can't go against the vote of the crowd. Octavia started it, but I think that it may have grown beyond her.
Regan, this struck me as well. Octavia is neither stone cold nor glib about the deaths. I feel like we will get to see more of how she deals with all of this. It actually reminded me of Jaha's moment when he says the number of people culled and asks "would you like their names, too?" Now I want to make a parallels gifset of this

And man, Gaia, I was kind of finndifferent when it comes to her, but, and I'm sorry for bringing up Jaha again, but her role to Octavia reminds me of Jaha and Clarke at the end of season 4. The person in the shadows whispering in the leader's ear.

Anyone recall the odd scene where she puts Octavia in front of the mirror, which I guess was kind of the start of this bloodreina business? Just creepy

Also I had totally forgotten one of my favorite moments of Octavia and Charmaine "Love the war paint by the way"

Last edited by CanIcallYouKate; 05-16-2018 at 03:10 PM
Old 05-16-2018, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, Kate. Yes. That is all.
ICON
Old 05-16-2018, 03:11 PM
Elite Fan

April

Old 05-16-2018, 03:44 PM
Addicted Fan

Eff me, Gaia may end up being the Big Bad before this is all over with.

Old 05-16-2018, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I definitely see Gaia becoming an even bigger problem than she already is.

I really feel like Octavia is the true big bad this season, though. She may blame Bellamy for cutting a deal with Diyoza, but Octavia is the one who is leading her people into war. Bellamy would probably just be like, "yo Diyoza, why'd you renege on our deal?"

amelia | icon: mel
Old 05-16-2018, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
Eff me, Gaia may end up being the Big Bad before this is all over with.

^ This isn’t a reaction to your comment, by the way, just me expressing my consistent frustration with Gaia.
ICON
Old 05-16-2018, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
This is why I wish we'd go back to 16 episodes a season and not 13. I know it's not a large difference but when you notice an episode or two feeling rushed, you really yearn for those 16 because those 3 extra episodes would have filled in all the blanks.
Agreed, I feel like they did okay last season with 13 episodes and I’m glad that this is one show with no/less filler episodes but in this instance, I feel like it would have helped. Moreso to ensure that the emotional scenes are done justice, I’m fine with the pacing from a story perspective.

Kate, interesting theory about Octavia/Gaia and it parallel-ing Clarke/Jaha last season.

And I knew you’d love that Gaia theory, April.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 05-16-2018, 05:31 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regan (View Post)
That's a really good point The fact that she has to go with the crowd shows that she isn't totally in control. It kind of reminds me of season 1 when Bellamy kicked the bucket out from under Murphy just because the crowd was shouting his name. It will be interesting to see how much control she has now that Wonkru is out of the bunker. And how justice is administered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 (View Post)
I have a feeling that Eligius III will be important at the latest at the end of S5 and in S6, but it's only speculation
I think you're probably right I feel like they've been brought up too much for them not to come into play later in the season