Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2017, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Guilty or not, I personally feel that he should articulate that to Raven. Yes he saved her life but he's also the reason why she'll be in pain for the rest of her life so I think it's still necessary.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 04-05-2017, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well it seems the show is definitely showing us that she's softening towards him, and he's clearly trying to be some kind of way towards her, so maybe they will have a proper conversation one day

Old 04-06-2017, 03:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Who even needs proper conversations on this show
Old 04-06-2017, 03:29 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl under the floor (View Post)
Who even needs proper conversations on this show
Right? It's not that kind of show
"Because I love you, you idiot!"
Old 04-06-2017, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd like it though
I still wish we'd gotten more on Murphy's rape (wrong thread, I know).
Sometimes I wish we had more conversation on this show. And then when we do get it, it's the wrong people for me
Old 04-06-2017, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd like it though
I still wish we'd gotten more on Murphy's rape (wrong thread, I know).
Sometimes I wish we had more conversation on this show. And then when we do get it, it's the wrong people for me
Old 04-06-2017, 04:38 AM
Passionate Fan

We haven't heard of Bellamys torture at MtWeather either. It's quite ironic how much time they use to talk about one single character so they can please the hurt fans. Maybe if Murphy had long hair, we would know about it lol although I do not think he cared that much. He's been through a lot worse. Yet another reason I believe outcast Mechanic works better than other raven possible ships. He's been through **** and he can't run away and ignore it, just like raven can't. Literally. Her injury is not even the worse she's been through either. They've both been tortured. Grotesquely tortured. They both have been in relatively healthy relationships too. There are a lot of parallels between their developments, which is nice.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sometimes I think the lack of conversation hurts this show tbh - I mean we do get it sometimes, and when we do it's awesome (see: Jasper and Bellamy last week). But there are situations where we SHOULD have gotten conversations between two characters and we haven't. Like Murphy and Raven, or even Clarke and Jaha, etc.

Old 04-06-2017, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree Lisa
This fast pace works well for the show, but sometimes (especially in season 3) we need stuff we're not getting.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah... For me, it's like this: some conversations are necessary, and some just aren't this show's style. I don't need Murphy to verbally apologize, and I don't need Bellamy or Clarke to full on say "I love you" for them to prove they regret what they've done or that they love each other. Love is an overused word, as I'm sorrys are too. There are some things that are better shown than done and I like how this show respects that when it really matters. There are, however, important verbal exchanges that have everything to do with this show's style. They are the conversations on inner turmoils or previous traumas. They help pushing the show further, since it is about moral dilemmas and personal tragedies. It can only enhance the narrative when they share their past, or their fears. When characters learn and heal together, they become better. It's been like this since season 1. So it's utterly important for Monty to scream that he's not fine or to reassure O she's one of the 100. It's impactful and crucial that Bellamy reminds Kane that he did float his mother, and that Clarke reminds him of her father's death. It keeps the characters on track of what they've done. So, by that logic, it's more important that Raven gets to know about Murphy's traumas and that he gets shout to by her about her pain, than it is for him to specifically apologize. Any show can do an apologize scene. Not every show can get past it with shared life stories and giving their life in exchange of saving the one they hurt. To have him apologize would be just too simple.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree to an extent but I also feel like it depends on the situation. And sometimes 'sorry', as simple as it is, can go a long way. That's my opinion though.

I HATE forced apologies or ones that are demanded, don't get me wrong. But I feel like in the cause of Murphy and Raven, it absolutely wouldn't hurt. I think there could be a really touching scene there, especially with their acting. Other situations and feelings can be conveyed through actions, of course - and Murphy's actions so far are showing that he's sorry to an extent, but I think for Raven it might be nice to hear?

Old 04-07-2017, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl under the floor (View Post)
I agree Lisa
This fast pace works well for the show, but sometimes (especially in season 3) we need stuff we're not getting.
Yeah, the show does seem to suffer from that sometimes, ESPECIALLY in season 3 when the focus was more on the plot and less on the characters and their interactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
and Murphy's actions so far are showing that he's sorry to an extent, but I think for Raven it might be nice to hear?
Agreed.

Do you guys think we will get more Raven/Murphy interaction in the next few episodes?

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 04-07-2017, 11:00 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty lies (View Post)
Do you guys think we will get more Raven/Murphy interaction in the next few episodes?
I hope so! And I think probably yes. It seems like the writers are trying to flesh out that relationship more so I'd be surprised if they just let it drop when there is still some development to be had
Old 04-08-2017, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1marie (View Post)
I'd be surprised if they just let it drop when there is still some development to be had
Same here, hopefully the show delivers in that area.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 04-08-2017, 09:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It seems like the writers are trying to flesh out that relationship more so I'd be surprised if they just let it drop when there is still some development to be had
I really hope you're right about this, Marie!

I'm enjoying their interaction so much and it's given us such interesting scenes, it would be a shame to drop it

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon