Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2017, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Other Side {4x11} Episode Discussion - Airdate [05-10-17] #2

Previous thread

Do continue the discussion here, guys. I love this trend of 2 threads per episode.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 05-16-2017, 08:41 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the new one, Sarah!
Old 05-16-2017, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

tftnt! New thread

OMG I forgot to start this week's thread! What a failure!

Old 05-17-2017, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT!

Quote:
Monty & Harper are sitting inside the rover at one point and then Monty said he's added a filter to the rover so the air is clean.
Surely that'll become important
Definitely, they'll need the rover to get to Raven.

Quote:
It's the only way even though they have the suits right?
Yeah and also the quickest, they wouldn't reach Raven in time if they were on foot.

I forgot, is there a way to reach the lab without having to cross the sea?

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Rover certainly seems like it'll be extra important in the final two episodes based on what we learned in this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
I forgot, is there a way to reach the lab without having to cross the sea?
I feel like yes, that they've addressed it before? Or was it just our speculation that they found a faster way to get to the island, apart from by boat?

And I now agree with what was said in the previous thread about the deaths not really being quick and painless ... based on the fact that we saw the delinquents who stayed back in Arkadia slowly dying/getting sick from the radiation.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 05-17-2017, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooh, I love the rover, so I wouldn't mind if that becomes important.
ICON
Old 05-17-2017, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yep, I had a feeling that you'd be happy with that, April.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 05-17-2017, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Murphy told Emori they'd leave together for the bunker and leave Raven behind.
Emori said the boat was on the wrong side.
There's no way to the lab without crossing the water.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:15 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl under the floor (View Post)
Murphy told Emori they'd leave together for the bunker and leave Raven behind.
Emori said the boat was on the wrong side.
There's no way to the lab without crossing the water.
I could be wrong (and I can't go back and rewatch to check) but didn't she also say something like "it would take too long" or "we'd never make it in time" or something to indicate there was another way, it just takes much longer?
Old 05-17-2017, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was wondering the same thing - that's why I'm confused about why it seems so quick for them but it was such an epic journey in season 2? Or is there another route that has nothing to do with crossing a desert?

Old 05-17-2017, 07:23 AM
Total Fan

I think it all depends on how much traffic there is on 95. Is it a holiday weekend or not?

But seriously, when Jaha went there the first time with Murphy, they didn't know where they were going and they were on foot. Apparently in the rover it takes 10 hours from Polis/Baltimore. Either way, the lab is on an island, right? So they have to have the boat.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm also now wondering how long the suits will hold, given that the radiation levels are obviously reaching critical points now ... that it's T-minus a day.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 08-07-2017, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Not my favorite episode of the bunch… I do like this season but a lot of the episodes have been slow for me and there’s something about the SL that feels a bit static? IDK. Raven’s been alone for most of it and a lot of the characters have been acting in obnoxious ways.

Clarke did have a good point when she said that Luna winning meant that no one would be saved, so in that regard it did make sense why she did what she did… However, once they found out that Octavia won and what she decided, I didn’t agree with her at all. And they were just willing to sacrifice Octavia and Kane? Come on, i don't buy it.

Quote:
I don't know what to think about this episode. It made no sense to me that Clarke wouldn't open that bunker when there was no threat at all outside. She would never behave that way. It was ridiculous writing. But i absolutely disagree about that she would have killed Bellamy to save her people. They made it clear that she would not.
I agree with this. It seemed like fake drama. I don’t buy at all that everyone would be against Bellamy in that way. And her shooting him too? Come on. She wouldn’t do it. I don’t buy she would have shot anyone TBH because Bellamy was right.

The Blake’s hug was really sweet, I loved Bellamy saying he loved her and that she finally forgave him.

It was hard watching Raven go through this stuff but it was cool to see Sinclair again. But in general I found most of her scenes pretty slow.

Quote:
You know how I've been just kind of rolling with it with Jaha this season? I think I'm 100% done with him again. He is so cult-ish in this episode. Seriously, the way he's talking to Clarke . . . it's like he's brainwashing her. Like he's a cult leader.
This is why I cant stand the guy, there’s just something about this attitude and how he talks to people that comes off so… idk, controlling in a manipulative way. He just doesnt seem genuine to me whatsoever, not the Jaha that we had in season 1. Jaha saying “Marcus was a good man” to Abby like wtf. How cold can you be?!

I was pretty disappointed in Murphy helping Clarke. I realize that he’s selfish but since when does he care about his own people surviving? Just keeping Bellamy hostage is so wrong. Thank God Abby came to her senses. :

Bye Echo! (for now lol)

Not sad to see Riley go at all, he was a blink and miss character that I woudln’t have thought twice about if it werent for these threads. lol.

I’m glad that Jasper is gone because his storyline was annoying to me to watch. I would buy the whole “his depression SL was important to see!” if they actually spent time on it. But they really didnt. They kinda just threw in annoying comments from him. And I find it hard to believe a relationship he developed in 3 months with Maya was the sole reason for his depression? It just came on too quick. IDK, I have so many issues with that whole SL and I am just glad he is gone so we don’t have to think about it anymore.

With all of that said Devon is great guy and it sucks he had to go out like this, but on this show, its expected. And I really did like the Monty and Jasper scene. It was hard to watch. Chris did great there.

I wish Harper would have just followed Jaspers lead…

I’m excited for the last two episodes!
Old 08-08-2017, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love this episode because I found all three of the major plots pretty compelling and emotional.

See, I'm actually one of the ones who thinks it is in character for Clarke. I never once thought she would shoot Bellamy, but anyone else up there (besides probably her mom) . . . I think she may have shot them. At least in the foot or something. I think she knew she'd made the wrong decision and was unraveling throughout the episode but was so determined to try to stick to it. I think she'd be willing to sacrifice Octavia and Kane. I mean, she was willing to sacrifice her mom in 3x15.

But the major flaw is what others in this thread pointed out, that her whole "Skaikru is needed to run this bunker" mentality should have been something she mentioned BEFORE moving everyone in.

You know how I feel about Jasper. I will just say that I don't think Maya's death is the only thing that factored into his PTSD. I think all the trauma he endured piled up, and that was maybe the catalyst that sent him into a spiral.
ICON
Old 08-09-2017, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I dunno, I just don't believe it because it was silly. I understood it when she thought there was a chance that Luna would win, but once they told her that Octavia won and her decision she should have and IMO would have opened it.

If Bellamy had been outside that door would she have been so adamant about keeping it shut? She would have just been willing to sacrifice him like that? What if Abby was outside the door? Its a different situation than the one in 315.

How could she EVER think that bellamy would be okay with leaving Octavia, or that Abby would be okay with leaving Kane? Like, thats just dumbbbb.

^ thats towards clarke btw, not you!

Quote:
I think all the trauma he endured piled up, and that was maybe the catalyst that sent him into a spiral.
But if it piled up then we needed to see it pile up. We needed to see Jasper with some depression in season 2 and then Maya was able to pull him out of it or something. Then it would have made more sense why he was the way he was in season 3. Or we could have seen his anger with clarke/bellamy in season 3 but then he slowly got worse and worse. But he didnt get any focus. He was just in the background moping and it was hard to tell what was going on. If they were trying to show a depression storyline, they didnt do a good job with it IMO.