New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2016, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

Ooh, ok. I totally understand your stresses right now, too. Moving even in itself is stressful enough! And good luck!!

Old 02-10-2016, 10:01 PM
Master Fan

I hope your interviews went well, Kenni! Moving out of state is a big deal so I understand wanting to make sure you have a job when you make that move.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 02-11-2016, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Fan Art

I just wanted to say somewhere that I was eagerly waiting to get to enough posts to be able to change my avatar to an original one.
But I'm kinda attached to the one I have now
Old 02-11-2016, 08:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks Lisa and Amy! The one job's salary is much less than I would like. I hate trying to negotiate salary before even being offered the job. Well, I hate salary negotiation period. I hate job searching. And being in a different state really makes it SO difficult. The lady I spoke with yesterday asked about the possibility of me traveling for an in person interview. Umm...I don't have the money and time for that unless I'm sure of the job. I sometimes really wish I was content to just stay where I'm at.

Brianna - I know what you mean. I didn't even consider an avatar until I was already close to 100 posts. And then I rarely change mine. Such that whenever I do it warrants comments and confusion.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

Oh yeah, travelling for an in-person interview is a bit much. What's wrong with a phone interview??

Brienna, I totally understand Well you have all the time in the world to mix things up!

Old 02-11-2016, 10:24 PM
Passionate Fan

I think a phone interview is fine. But I get why they'd want to meet in person. Just sucks. I heard back from the one job today. The recruiter really liked me but the hiring manager didn't want to proceed with my application. Oh well. Just keep swimming.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

Yup, just keep going. I need to start plugging away soon, too. But getting hired is seemingly impossible

I spent all day at work, working myself into a frenzy about my flight next month. I'm convinced I'll miss my connecting flight and lose my luggage, because I'm a TOTAL spaz.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Seriously, the job search SUCKS! Why can't people just realize I'm awesome when I tell them I am and just hire me? So simple really.

Where are you flying to Lisa?
Old 02-13-2016, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

KENNI! that's my problem too Whenever I go for these interviews, I'm like "ugh. I know that I'm for sure the best person you could hire, but how do I tell you that?" Not in a conceited way, I just know I'm an amazing employee and better than the other people they are interviewing

I'm flying to Italy! Going for a week. I'm going about 5 days after I move, too. I'm kind of stressing a bit

Old 02-13-2016, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 100

Hang in there Kenni! Job searches are the worst ugh, you just wanna leave a crappy job but the whole process is just gruelling. Probably explains partially why I've had three jobs in the last 10 years, I can't go through it too many times.

OMG LISA, ITALY (!!!). I'm so jealous! Is it your first time there? You'll love it I'm sure ... the country is simply GORGEOUS and so lovely to explore. Which parts of the country will you be visiting BTW?
Old 02-13-2016, 10:46 AM
Passionate Fan

Oh Italy! So jealous! I've wanted to go to Europe for forever. Someday...

Yeah, there's a reason people stay in sucky jobs. Because finding a new job is a royal pain in the ass. And again, living 700 miles away from my job search area isn't helping. I feel confident that if I were actually in Utah I'd be able to find a job much quicker. But I just can't afford to move up there until I already have a job. It's almost like a Catch 22.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 100

Italy is so pretty! And so is Switzerland ... Europe is amazing in general and I hate that it's SO FAR from where I am because I would literally visit almost every country there if I had the money. Hope you get to go one day, Kenni. Totally worth it.

Ugh yeah that is a tricky situation. And the thing is that phone interviews are always not enough to suss out a person because a face-to-face interview is still the best way ... but then again you can't be going back and forth to attend interviews if you're not sure if it's likely that you'll get the position. Did your supervisor have better luck? Maybe she can pull you with her to the new place, if that's a possibility.

And yes, I was in my first job for 2 years but the team/job sucked and I felt mistreated so I left and I was happy for a bit but then the workload got so godawful so when a headhunter called me, I just said,"Screw it" and so far so good, but the process of having to fill out applications and go for interviews just still fills me with SO MUCH DREAD. I cannot. In between job number 2 and 3, I had a couple of interviews and were equally successful/unsuccessful in them so that was so tiresome I feel.

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 02-13-2016 at 11:04 AM
Old 02-13-2016, 11:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Oh I'm sure I could find another job here in Phoenix, where I currently live. But the issue is that I want to move. I don't want to go through the hassle of getting another job here just to keep looking for a job out of state as well.

And it doesn't help that certain family members keep giving me a hard time about this decision to move. It's like, "I'm glad you're all concerned for me, but please can you just be supportive instead of trying to convince I'm wrong when this has been a very difficult and emotionally fraught decision? Yeah, that'd be great."
Old 02-13-2016, 12:22 PM
Moderator Support Team

I'm from Central Europe.

I would say I outdid myself, but I'm always this good. So I simply did myself.
Old 02-13-2016, 01:41 PM
Master Fan

Kenni, you have family in UT, right? Are you still seeing that guy there? It does get annoying when friends and family are supportive when you're trying to make a big change like moving to a different state. Before I moved to NYC, there were so many people that were like "Why do you want to move there? It's too expensive, it's cold :blahblah:" I've been here a year this weekend and I couldn't be happier about my decision. It was the right one for me.

You're moving AND traveling to another country all in the same week, Lisa? I understand why you're a bit stressed over it. I always get nervous about having connecting flights b/c when I went to the Dominican Republic a few years ago, my suitcase with all of my clothes didn't make it for 2 days. Luckily, all my undergarments, swimsuits, PJs and hygiene products were in the suitcase that did make it. Also I was staying in one spot which made it easier to get it to me.

That's so exciting that you're going to Italy! This is your first time, right? I LOVE Tuscany and could spend an entire month just exploring all of the towns.

And it's new thread time...

Off Topic #7: Big moves, fun trips, new jobs (hopefully), it's going to be an exciting 2016!
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara

Last edited by brave princess; 02-13-2016 at 01:46 PM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top