Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2015, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't even know what a phlebotomist is.
They jus draw the blood. My sister is licensed, and she did it for over 10 years. She was really good. She is also a beautician.

Quote:
Ugh before I had a minor surgery a few years back, the girl jabbed my hand like 12 times and the needle kept falling out.
If they can't get your vein after the 2nd stick you have the right to get someone else. If she was a trainee, that isn't procedure to keep sticking and causing the patient pain. She should have stopped, but she probably didn't want to seem like to failure. Her manager should have stepped up. When ever I have to give blood there are things that I never do because it makes the tech nervous, or they feel the need to prove you wrong. The girl that I go to listens to me, so we don't have problems, but not everyone is the same. If you tell the phlebotomist, "No one ever gets me there," or "Get it on the first stick" there might be problems.

Quote:
I have big veins, what was her excuse??
She's just starting out. She was having an off day. She was nervous because she didn't get you the first 2 times. It's no excuse, but again she should have asked for help instead of causing you anymore unnecessary pain. Totally would have set her straight for you

When babies or little kids have to get blood I usually go in and help. It's hard to watch. It maybe just be to take their minds off it by asking them questions, or singing to sooth them. A lot of mom's either get very protective and want to watch everything, some can't watch their child be in pain.

Thursday and Friday passed by quickly. We had hospital week last week, but the Department of Health and Hospital came and stayed all week so we really couldn't celebrate like we do every year. We still did the pot luck and deserts every day. Last Friday was suppose to be "Pie in the Face" day. We did it yesterday. All our head department (Doctors, CEO, CFO) people got a pie in the face. We raised money and the head person will the most tickets in their basket got a face full of pie. They raised a lot of money trying to out bid each other. In the end the joke was on them, they all got a pie. It was awesome!

My grandmothers cat had her kittens. They look like little rats, but they'll probably turn out really pretty. The mother is really fluffy. I hope all 4 survive the week. Those male cats are so vicious.

I have a question.

How does Comic Con work? I need to know the process. Do you buy tickets separately for each panel you want to go to, or do you buy a package ticket for all 3 days and just go to what you want. I won't be going this year, but I might want to plan for next year.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 05-23-2015, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That makes sense, I was OK with being jabbed because I'm usually pretty patient...it was just my mom who was snapping I didn't even think to ask for someone else, though! That's only the second time I recall being put under (I guess I would have for my tonsils, though?) for surgery. I clearly remember the process of fading away, it's kind of cool. And waking up my mouth was SOOOOO dry :yuck: I find it fascinating

What is hospital week? Do all hospitals do this?? It sounds like fun. I'm annoyed because I finally got the raise I was waiting for after getting promoted in December, but my company refused to prorate it. I mean what! So I'm going to HR.

Do you mean the male kittens are vicious?? Is that normal?

I have no idea how comic-con works, I've never gone to anything like that. I have a softball game in a couple hours, it's the first game for my Saturday league and I'm in major pain from my Thursday league. I seriously feel like a crippled old lady right now Like, my hips even hurt. And then I have to walk to the Toronto FC game afterwards which is like a 30 minute walk. I think I'm going to sleep well tonight.

Old 05-23-2015, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
What is hospital week? Do all hospitals do this??
It's like an appreciation week for hospital staff. Kind of like Nurses week, and Teacher week. I think every hospital has it. I wanna say it's the same everywhere.

Quote:
Do you mean the male kittens are vicious?? Is that normal?
Not the kittens. The male cats will kill the babies so they can get back on the mother and get her pregnant again.

Good luck with your game. No pain, no gain.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:09 AM
Passionate Fan

Ah...Nurses Week. I have a co-worker who hates Nurses Week because he gets all these calls from the facilities we rent to asking him to bring food for the nurses. He's our account liaison, so it's pretty much his job to visit the various facilities and make friends with the central supply and admissions people. But he stays in the office the week before and during Nurses Week.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel like a blob of jello I had to run so much during my game, and then I had to rush home and get changed and then walk 30 minutes to the TFC game. I don't even know what I'm writing right now me so tired

Old 05-24-2015, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepThisaSecret (View Post)
How does Comic Con work? I need to know the process. Do you buy tickets separately for each panel you want to go to, or do you buy a package ticket for all 3 days and just go to what you want. I won't be going this year, but I might want to plan for next year.
So typically you have a few different options. You can buy a full weekend pass that gives you access for the entire convention or you can buy a Saturday-only pass or a Sunday-only pass. They may sell Friday-only as well but I don't think so since most of the panels are on Saturday and Sunday. Once you have your ticket, it's just a matter of deciding what you want to go to.

When I used to go to DragonCon, I used to have to pick and choose what panels I really wanted to go to and give up some of the others. For instance, the Firefly panel was always super popular so I had to miss a couple of other panels to wait in line just for that one. At DragonCon, having the full weekend pass was great b/c the actors typically did more than one panel so if you missed them at one then you could catch them at another.

SDCC is a bit different I believe in that for a lot of tv shows and movies there's just a single panel. I really would love to go to SDCC this year b/c the final THG movie comes out and I'm fairly certain that the whole cast will be there but I don't know if I can swing it or not.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 05-26-2015, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Tuesdays are dumb!!

Old 05-26-2015, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by brave princess (View Post)
So typically you have a few different options. You can buy a full weekend pass that gives you access for the entire convention or you can buy a Saturday-only pass or a Sunday-only pass. They may sell Friday-only as well but I don't think so since most of the panels are on Saturday and Sunday. Once you have your ticket, it's just a matter of deciding what you want to go to.

When I used to go to DragonCon, I used to have to pick and choose what panels I really wanted to go to and give up some of the others. For instance, the Firefly panel was always super popular so I had to miss a couple of other panels to wait in line just for that one. At DragonCon, having the full weekend pass was great b/c the actors typically did more than one panel so if you missed them at one then you could catch them at another.

SDCC is a bit different I believe in that for a lot of tv shows and movies there's just a single panel. I really would love to go to SDCC this year b/c the final THG movie comes out and I'm fairly certain that the whole cast will be there but I don't know if I can swing it or not.

Thanks for the info. I've always wanted to go, but I think a trip from Louisiana to California would take some major planning, and saving the money for it will take a little time. My niece wants to go to so I would also have to consider her into my plans. I don't think my sister would just let me take her by myself. She would be 16, but still. IDK if I could handle my sister and my niece together for a whole weekend. They fight so much, and their combined attitudes do not make an enjoyable trip.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:27 PM
Master Fan

^What an awesome aunt you are! That'd be fun if just you and your niece could go especially if it's something that the two of you really enjoy. DragonCon is a little bit closer to you in Atlanta and it's over a holiday weekend. It doesn't pack quite the star power that SDCC does when it comes to movies but they usually have some bigger names from television.

The great thing about San Diego is if there's a day when you don't feel like going to the Con there are some pretty great beaches close by.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 05-28-2015, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It'll take some planning, but sometimes things just don't work out. I just don't want family to ruin my experience.

Have you heard about the bad flooding in Texas?
Old 05-29-2015, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I heard about that! But I didn't do any research on it.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's been rain a lot, basically none stop. There's been major flooding in Texas, and it's starting to go into parts of Louisiana. It's all due to the climate changing. I'm so tired of the rain. It makes for a crap connection. Plus the nastiness outside. I have not had a good hair day going on 2 weeks now.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Does your hair absolutely explode like mine does?

I was watching some stuff about the floods on TV earlier today, they look really bad

Old 05-30-2015, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have naturally curly hair. In moist, wet, or humid weather my hair gets big. If I fix it straight, within an hour it's half frizz, half curl.

A lot of people have lost their whole lively hood. It's really sad.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw a woman last night, crying because she didn't know where her pets were ugh