Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2017, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

What about summer break? Is it only a week long?

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl under the floor (View Post)
Happy Tuesday everyone
The Wentworth fandom has trained my brain to autocorrect "Tuesday" to "Tuesgay".

Paulina, I'm glad you were wrong in this case. It seems Poland and Quebec have similar summer holidays. School has to end by June 23rd here but more often than not school starts on the last Wednesday or Thursday in August. It really depends on Labour Day, kids have 2 days before the long weekend. I think it's different in other parts of Canada.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 06-06-2017, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

We don't have summer breaks here actually. So, kids go to school until about end of October/beginning of November (unless they are sitting for national exams then) and are off until beginning of January of the following year. But they do get breaks in between, usually in April and May.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-06-2017, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You guys I have no idea why I used quotations in my previous post They actually WERE healthy!

Mutt is off Schitt's creek?

Old 06-06-2017, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think I've seen him on it last season.

Sarah, interesting- I guess the weather dictates when kids get time off.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty lies (View Post)
We don't have summer breaks here actually. So, kids go to school until about end of October/beginning of November (unless they are sitting for national exams then) and are off until beginning of January of the following year. But they do get breaks in between, usually in April and May.
Interesting. We learn new things everyday.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Probably because it's summer here all year round so it's an entirely different system here.

I don't know why Starbucks keeps mucking up my name. First, it was Terra, then Carol and now, Sayra. (the barista came close to writing it with a C so it might have been worse ... Cayra?) I thought that my name is literally the easiest to spell?

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-07-2017, 07:50 AM
Passionate Fan

I really liked Wonder Woman. She was, by far, the best part of what was the absurdity that was Batman vs Superman. And I saw a trailer for JLA. She looks to be the best part of that too.

So some of you may recall that last September I got drunk for the first time in my life. I grew up in a fairly conservative religious family so always stayed away from alcohol. Tried sips of beer and wine coolers at a couple parties in high school but didn't like it so then didn't touch the stuff again until last September when my best friend and I were both pretty upset about some boy drama in our lives and decided to get drunk together. Since then I've only been drinking once. Went out on karaoke night with a couple of guys from work. Had no idea what to order at the bar so the two of them would get drinks for me.

Okay, now also recall that in the department I recently transferred is the guy at work who I had previously been developing a crush on. So I finally got to meet him and he's super cute. We only talk occasionally, although more often lately. Well yesterday I was telling him about my limited drinking experience. He then offered to go out drinking with me and teach me how to drink like an adult. We haven't made any actual plans yet. And I'm honestly not sure if drinking around this guy is such a good idea because I'm so inexperienced with alcohol and may end up doing something colossally stupid. But I'm just stoked he made the offer and may now be able to hang out with him outside of work!
Old 06-07-2017, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Kenni, I watched it and loved it too. Hopefully, she also gets to kick butt in JL. And was absolutely the little saving grace in that ****fest that was Batman vs. Superman.

That's great, hope that the date goes well for you.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-07-2017, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty lies (View Post)
Probably because it's summer here all year round so it's an entirely different system here.

I don't know why Starbucks keeps mucking up my name. First, it was Terra, then Carol and now, Sayra. (the barista came close to writing it with a C so it might have been worse ... Cayra?) I thought that my name is literally the easiest to spell?
Hmm, interesting... and can we borrow some of your summer weather in January?

Turns out it's Tim Rozon, not Lozon.

I'm so glad I have tomorrow and Friday off, my foot needs time to rest. Of course, I can easily imagine that the lady that's supposed to replace me won't show up and in that case I'll be called in. I'm so done with this lack of communication, never mind the lack of respect but whatever, whatever.

Edit: last night there was a crowd waiting outside of the restaurant Obama and Trudeau dined at and I\m envious? Like how lame am I?You should see the way I felt about people who got to see Obama's speech. One of the parents at the daycare went and he texted his wife, there was a 2 hour/1 km linet for security. Yikes!

Edit (2): Back to the gym topic, the Y has a summer special of $99 but they're so far out of the way that I'm left wondering if I'd take advantage of it very much at all.

Last edited by Lost in Translation; 06-07-2017 at 04:46 PM
Old 06-07-2017, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sure thing, Janet.

And hope that you don't have to go in on your day off and that you can just rest your leg. And ooh, Obama is in Canada now? I'd be excited too, NGL.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-08-2017, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks! Now I gotta figure out how to hold you to this.

I didn't get called in today, thankfully. I'm honestly starting to worry about how I'll be able to do first aid on Sunday.

Obama was here in Montreal giving a speech on Tuesday. There was a Q and A period with a moderator and she said that climate change action in the U.S. is a game of snakes and ladders and right now there are more snakes- he was really amused. After that he went to dinner with Trudeau.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

You can have the sun here, Janet. I've had too much of it, TBH.

Is part of your job doing first aid? Hope that you don't have to go into work!

Ooh, I think I watched that climate change speech then, I watched a clip of Obama talking about climate change yesterday.

Oooh, **** is going down (hopefully). Comey is at the senate hearing right now. #impeachhisarse

Live updates here, in case anyone is interested: James Comey testimony: Live updates - CNNPolitics.com

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-08-2017, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Woohoo Kenni, let us know how it goes!

I'm working from home today, and it's so nice out I'm going to take Arnold by the water in a bit, it's nice and quiet there (for the most part) on weekdays.

But first I have to brush my teeth and put makeup on because I look like a 90 year old cave troll.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sarah, I work in a daycare and while I'm not with the kids that much it's something that is, understandably, required. My work won't be calling me in for today or tomorrow and if they do I'll curse them out seethe. Either way, I have a doctor's appointment. I asked for it off a while ago. All this talk stems from yesterday when my boss said to me "if T. doesn't come in we'll call you in" (not her exact words but the meaning's the same) like Lady, we settled this a while ago why are you talking about this now??? I'm telling you between this, no one asking if we received some of the order and nearly doubling up on crap we have too much of, and just general mixed messages it's clear no one really communicates there. :eye_roll:

I've got the Comey senate hearing on tv now. Everyone's so verbose that I'm having trouble keeping track of what's actually being said.