Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2018, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ★ darling, just hold on ★ (View Post)
Can I be added please?? Octavia is the best part of this season.. I am loving her so much I have genuinely always really enjoyed her character (she is my favourite after Lexa), but Marie is so awesome at playing with these sorts of emotions She is killing it.
Welcome to the thread and I’m sure that Paula will add you soon. Octavia this season leaves me torn but Marie really has been killing it in terms of her acting.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-27-2018, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
Welcome to the thread and I’m sure that Paula will add you soon. Octavia this season leaves me torn but Marie really has been killing it in terms of her acting.
Thank you

I have noticed that she has not been as well recieved this season.. which is understandable, but I personally don't think she has done anything worse then any number of the regular characters in this show have done I mean obviously the defining 'actions' are different, but no one in this show is innocent, and I am confident Octavia will be redeemed. I for one am just really enjoying her journey.. I adore her no matter what
Old 06-28-2018, 03:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thank you

I have noticed that she has not been as well recieved this season.. which is understandable, but I personally don't think she has done anything worse then any number of the regular characters in this show have done I mean obviously the defining 'actions' are different, but no one in this show is innocent, and I am confident Octavia will be redeemed. I for one am just really enjoying her journey.. I adore her no matter what

Agreed with the first bolded part

Really hoping you're right on the second bolded part, I ain't that confident at the moment

Added you

Octavia Blake in Every Episode - 5x07 - Acceptable Losses

Octavia Blake in Every Episode - 5x08 - How we get to Peace

This dang, dang, dark show I wanted to do brighter, but it became pixelated if I did that
Old 06-30-2018, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Beautiful sets, Paula. Especially the second set.

Quote:
Thank you

I agree with that. I do have issues with some of her actions, particularly in season 4/5 but I don't think that she's THAT far gone for her to be completely irredeemable, I really don't.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-30-2018, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thank you
Welcome to the thread.

Quote:
It’s been polarizing, for sure. Which is not necessarily a bad thing. And to be honest, you’ll find some polarizing reactions here on this board. I feel like Octavia has always been a bit polarizing, particularly from season 3 onward. Some people just connect with her character and some don’t. She’s never been higher than #5 on my favorite characters list, and right now she’s out of the top 10 entirely. But that’s because I’m viewing her as the villain of the season right now. I’m having definite issues with her, but one thing I think everyone can agree on is how Marie has just absolutely owned this role. She has really committed to playing Octavia this way, and that’s what’s generated the polarizing reactions.

See, the whole comparing her actions to what other people have done . . . I get it, and I think it’s interesting to draw the comparisons, but that’s not enough to justify her actions to me. Plus, I think some of her actions have been extreme. Nearly killing Kane, threatening Bellamy, killing her own people (the defectors), insisting on a war when it’s not necessary . . . so yeah, to be honest, I’m struggling. But again, kudos to Marie for just going for it in this extreme territory with a character. She’s backed up my opinion that she’s the strongest actress on the show.

Redemption . . . I don’t know. I’ve always felt more confident in the show’s ability to redeem its male characters than its female ones. I guess a lot of it will depend on whether or not Octavia wants to be redeemed. We shall see. Do you guys think she’s going to get to the point this season where she feels like she wants/needs redemption?
ICON
Old 07-01-2018, 01:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I guess a lot of it will depend on whether or not Octavia wants to be redeemed. We shall see. Do you guys think she’s going to get to the point this season where she feels like she wants/needs redemption?
I feel like she's at that point where she doesn't think that she needs redemption, even. So I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop and see why the others fear and/or worry about her. She clearly believes that what she's doing is right and the best course of action for her people (and I can understand that way of thinking) but as we've always said, the ends just doesn't justify the means and she's clearly lost her way over time ... I just hope that it's not too late for her.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 07-01-2018, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the Meta Station girls were saying something like . . . it’s an interesting and tricky position Octavia is in, because how do you own up to the questionable morality of your own decisions when you’ve become the arbitrator of morals for a group of people?

ETA: Here’s a well-edited Octavia video I found today:

ICON

Last edited by April7739; 07-01-2018 at 10:06 PM
Old 07-02-2018, 01:22 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for sharing the great video April ... it's really well edited

Your gifsets look beautiful Paula

Last edited by sonny1; 07-02-2018 at 04:57 AM
Old 07-02-2018, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Proud Canadian!Marie

Hmm, that's quite true, April. For years, she's dictated what is right and what is wrong so it's probably hard now to see where that line is. And indra really is the only one who isn't a Yes woman and who actually speaks out when she feels the need to. So with Indra slowly falling out of favour with her, I fear that things will only get worse.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 07-02-2018, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I forgot to compliment your gifs, Paula! Very nice.
ICON
Old 07-06-2018, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 07-06-2018, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Outdoors, as always.
ICON
Old 07-06-2018, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Always.

This is a beautiful set :

X

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 07-08-2018, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know that Octavia needs redemption From her perspective (and her people's) it doesn't seem like she's done anything wrong, but from the outside looking in, it's obviously questionable. But none of us know what really went on down there so it's hard to say still.

Old 07-09-2018, 04:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

I feel like we will get that much needed insight after the Dark Year airs.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won