Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2014, 09:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
how long this is season again? 13? 16?
The season is 16 episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
but regardless, I bet that Lincoln and whomever the girls name is will still be around and involved pretty heavily until the season draws to a close
I saw some talk in here the other day that
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelstone (View Post)
I don't really mind Jasper getting a temporary love interest, but I'm just not feeling Lincoln/Octavia at all. They rub me the wrong way, especially with how it started.
That's been my biggest issue with them as a pairing. I never saw her being chained up in his cave as some noble deed. He knew where the 100 camp was but instead of taking her back to her people he chained her up in a cave. I just can't find anything romantic about that, tbh. Like I said before, the swift change in direction with Octavia gave me whiplash. It was way too rushed.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 10-21-2014, 09:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brave princess (View Post)
That's been my biggest issue with them as a pairing. I never saw her being chained up in his cave as some noble deed. He knew where the 100 camp was but instead of taking her back to her people he chained her up in a cave. I just can't find anything romantic about that, tbh. Like I said before, the swift change in direction with Octavia gave me whiplash. It was way too rushed.
ICAM. I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that as problematic.

Why can't they give us 22 episodes? Are the ratings not that good?
Old 10-21-2014, 11:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
ICAM. I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that as problematic.

Well, add me as well. I never understood why Lincoln became the love of her life so quickly, I mean yeah Octavia is wild and is usually attracted to the unknown but still, to portray their romance as the epic love story of this show. Come on! She had more going on with Jasper IMO. He also saved her life…

I just hope this show does well this season, to see if MAYBE in further seasons they decide to re explore Jactavia. Sigh…..
Old 10-21-2014, 02:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Why can't they give us 22 episodes? Are the ratings not that good?
No, the ratings were fine. I think it was just a matter of production costs and it also sounded like it was driven by the story b/c it's so serialized. Whereas with shows like The Flash or Arrow, you kind of some serialization but mostly you have a villian-of-the-week format with an overarching theme. With 16 episodes, rather than 22, there's no time for "filler" episodes b/c you have a much more limited amount of time to tell the story you want to tell. So I'm actually good with 16 episodes.

I'm hoping that the ratings are pretty decent this season b/c I need at least 3 seasons of this show.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 10-21-2014, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Better to have 16 of high quality than 22 mediocre

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 10-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

I'm hoping that the ratings are pretty decent this season b/c I need at least 3 seasons of this show.
Yes! Me too! Although I am actually hoping that is lasts more like 5. That way we might still have a chance for Jactavia to finally happen ! Although I hope it actually happens by 3, but my expectations are so low at the moment.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
No, the ratings were fine. I think it was just a matter of production costs and it also sounded like it was driven by the story b/c it's so serialized. Whereas with shows like The Flash or Arrow, you kind of some serialization but mostly you have a villian-of-the-week format with an overarching theme. With 16 episodes, rather than 22, there's no time for "filler" episodes b/c you have a much more limited amount of time to tell the story you want to tell. So I'm actually good with 16 episodes.

Ok, good. As long as the show isn't suffering.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by falling slowly (View Post)
Better to have 16 of high quality than 22 mediocre
true but 5 seasons might be a bit long... not sure they can get 5 seasons out of if it. I can see 3, maybe 4.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:01 PM
Master Fan

I see it as a 3 season show as well.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I see it as a 3 season show as well.
I think if the ratings get even better than last year, at least for CW, the show could go on till 5 at least. There are so many stories they could still tell.
Isaiah Washington was on an interview on TV this morning, and he seemed so proud of the show and how he believes this show could become a huge success going on for many seasons.

Here´s hoping. The more seasons, the more chances one day the writers will want to re explore Jactavia...
Old 10-21-2014, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I definately want more than 5 seasons of the 100!

Old 10-21-2014, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukicarreno (View Post)
I think if the ratings get even better than last year, at least for CW, the show could go on till 5 at least. There are so many stories they could still tell.
Isaiah Washington was on an interview on TV this morning, and he seemed so proud of the show and how he believes this show could become a huge success going on for many seasons.

Here´s hoping. The more seasons, the more chances one day the writers will want to re explore Jactavia...
true... but realistically, I just don't know. I mean, I don't think you can people popping in more and more groups of people who survived the nuclear fall out.

We've had Grounders, Reapers, Mountain Men... after a few more groups are introduced... that might be it. IMO.

And while there are certainly stories... a group's story isn't going to be that different from the grounders / reapers or mountain men's. Its going to be about survival and interacting with other groups that also survived and all that. it might be a different group but I don't know if I'd want it to become "this new group is even worse than the last group " the majority of the time kind of thing.

plus, they're done to 48 or so of the "100" left. and with the adults already mostly on Earth now... I just don't know if I see it lasting.

I think if the adults were still on the space station "the Ark" and the kids were still running around on the ground... I could see it lasting longer because then you'd have the long awaited reunion and everything that had happened since they were together on the ship. but it really hasn't been that long.

This season sounds pretty good in some ways with the reunions and everything but... I don't know if I can see it lasting five seasons. I think rating wise it will hopefully be doing well enough to last that long but from a story aspect I don't know what else there really is to do after a few more seasons.

I mean.... Octavia and Bellamy's relationship to each other is pretty much fleshed out. Clarke and Bellamy were established as mostly the leaders of the group and kind of ying to yang in some ways, etc... and they've done the whole grounder integrating into the group thing already with Lincoln so I don't think they can do that one a whole more times.

I hope I'm wrong. But I don't know that I see more than a couple more seasons of actual "new" ideas and possible compelling story line arcs
Old 10-21-2014, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well there is a lot of story to tell. Bellamy and Clarke still have so much to learn about each other. We have so much to learn about every character in the show. They need to interact so much more. I feel like it's just the beginning of everything

I tbh don't feel like much of anything has been fleshed out

Old 10-22-2014, 06:01 AM
Master Fan

well, not fleshed out but its on the way there. I mean, Bellamy and Octavia already did the whole blaming each other thing for their mom's death, etc.

and there is more to tell, but I just don't think there is 4 more seasons worth. Especially with the show trying to limit filler episodes. If we were going to have filler episodes, then yeah. But without filler, IMO, its going to be harder
Old 10-22-2014, 06:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

We will see.

Getting back to topic, Jasper & Octavia, I just hope no matter how many seasons the show lasts, that we get the chance to see them together at some point. Especially Jactavia, that seems to be a slow burn pairing.
The longer the show lasts, the more chances we will get.

Fingers crossed.

Last edited by tukicarreno; 10-22-2014 at 07:22 AM