Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

tftnt!
Old 10-17-2014, 10:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brave princess (View Post)
I try to stay positive just b/c it makes life a little easier especially when it comes to shipping. After all, it's supposed to be fun.

I definitely think that she had more than friendly feelings for him. You don't kiss someone that you only see as a friend on the lips like she did in 1x04. Do I think she was as into Jasper as he was into her? No, but something was starting before Lincoln chained her up in his cave. I feel like no matter what, Octavia will always be the girl for Jasper.

Octavia is obviously more of the wild card but I do think she cares deeply for him and I feel like the potential is there for her to fall for him in the right circumstances. Of course, they have to be in the same place for that to happen. Here's hoping that most everyone is reunited by mid-season and all of the Arkers are fighting a common enemy together.
You are absolutely right on! I agree 100% with your thoughts.
Jactavia was starting to build in a very organic way through episodes 3, 4 and 5. It was lovely to watch. It also seemed natural not forced. BUT.. all of a sudden Lincoln arrives and everything changed. Jasper & Octavia were sadly back to square one.

Right now,its either two things:The writers for whatever reason decided to kill any Jactavia romance potential forever or they are just exploring other relationships before making them reunite and develop them again in another scenario for either S3 or S4.
I hope is the latter but I am not feeling very optimistic and sadly I am not very patient. It just sucks when your are on the wrong ship. I nay the Linctavia fans so much. But what can you do?
To top things off I see Linctavia everywhere in the media .Jactavia sadly seems to be forgotten.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:14 PM
Master Fan

Has this video been posted here yet?

Devon favorited it awhile ago.
Old 10-18-2014, 02:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well as I suspected don´t expect anything with Jactavia this season.
The writers seem to have abandoned it for good.

Here is an excerpt from an interview Jason just did recently:

Spoiler:

The 100: Season 2 Asks ''Can You Go Too Far To Save Your People?'' - IGN

At least the Bellarke fans have amazing hope but this sucks so hard for all the Jactavia fans.. Its over..

Last edited by brave princess; 10-18-2014 at 05:02 PM Reason: spoilers
Old 10-18-2014, 02:38 PM
Master Fan

^I've never seen that video. Thanks for posting it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukicarreno (View Post)
Jactavia was starting to build in a very organic way through episodes 3, 4 and 5. It was lovely to watch. It also seemed natural not forced. BUT.. all of a sudden Lincoln arrives and everything changed. Jasper & Octavia were sadly back to square one.
What was interesting is that I felt like when it came to shipping on The 100 that Jactavia was the safe bet. It just seemed so obvious and inevitable to me that I expected it to happen later in season 1 especially in 1x06 when they showed the first time Jasper had seen Octavia.

So imagine my surprise when 1x08 happened. I felt like I had whiplash b/c of the drastic change in direction in basically 1 episode. It was just very confusing to me.

Quote:
Right now,its either two things:The writers for whatever reason decided to kill any Jactavia romance potential forever or they are just exploring other relationships before making them reunite and develop them again in another scenario for either S3 or S4.
I don't see them putting the nail in the proverbial coffin where Jactavia is concerned. I don't think the writers would want to eliminate that storyline option.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 10-18-2014, 03:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

I don't see them putting the nail in the proverbial coffin where Jactavia is concerned. I don't think the writers would want to eliminate that storyline option.
Who knows now. Jasper is gonna be with a new girlfriend now and that´s what the writers are going to develop along with Linctavia.
No one is talking about Jactavia anymore, it´s like it never existed…

Congrats braveprincess on the Bellarke news, seems they will continue to develop them and will definitely gonna go there sooner or later..
Old 10-18-2014, 04:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well as I suspected don´t expect anything with Jactavia this season.
The writers seem to have abandoned it for good.

Here is an excerpt from an interview Jason just did recently:

Spoiler:

The 100: Season 2 Asks ''Can You Go Too Far To Save Your People?'' - IGN

At least the Bellarke fans have amazing hope but this sucks so hard for all the Jactavia fans.. Its over..
Well, I'm depressed.

P.S. Are we allowed to talk about interviews here? Or are they considered spoilers?

Last edited by brave princess; 10-18-2014 at 05:03 PM Reason: spoilers
Old 10-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelstone (View Post)
Well, I'm depressed.

P.S. Are we allowed to talk about interviews here? Or are they considered spoilers?
They are not spoilers because this was an interview open to the public.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
They are not spoilers because this was an interview open to the public.
Ok, thanks.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love this couple. I think there is potential for a lot of growth here. Jasper really does love her.i think he would do almost anything for her and I think she likes him too.

I hope they give Jasper and Octavia a lot of angst and romance and bonding in season 2!

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 10-18-2014, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

Some of the things that Jason says are considered spoilers b/c they're about future storylines so I edited the posts with the excerpt and put it under spoiler tags. If his comments were a little more general like some of the things he said in that interview then I don't see the issue in openly discussing them. Discussing spoilers shouldn't become a regular thing on The 100 board (that's what the spoilers board is for) but as long as things are put under spoiler tags then it's fine.

I know it's hard to stay positive but nothing in Jason's interview said
Spoiler:
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara

Last edited by brave princess; 10-18-2014 at 05:16 PM
Old 10-18-2014, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think that Jactavia still have a chance. Like brave princess pointed out - Romeo and Juliet is a tragic story. It actually makes me think that Lincoln might die by the end of the season.

That is just my thought, nothing backs that up. I guess thats morbid, but I don't want anything to get in the way of Jactavia.

Then of course there is Jaspers new girlfriend...who will she be? And maybe Octavia will be jealous of them being together instead of her and Jasper? That's what I'm hoping!

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 10-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Master Fan

I understand, but that interview still sort of crushed my feels. I'm going to let all expectations down. I don't want to get hurt again.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelstone (View Post)
I understand, but that interview still sort of crushed my feels. I'm going to let all expectations down. I don't want to get hurt again.
Yes, sadly that´s what happened to me too.

Seems that for Jason and the writers Linctavia is the real love story of this show.
So I am also not expecting anything between Jactavia whatsoever. As I said, they are not even going to be in the same place plus they are both going to be busy with their own lovers.

What bothers me, is that not only the writers decided to ignore the potential for this ship but they also totally separated them. Why so harsh? At least they could have worked on keeping them close friends, bonding, etc but now I am not even sure that is going to happen.

At least I hope that Jasper is happy with his new girl, he deserves it for once. He did everything for Octavia but sadly she never quite saw him as we wanted her too.

Still sucks so hard.

Last edited by tukicarreno; 10-19-2014 at 06:44 PM
Old 10-19-2014, 06:08 PM
Master Fan

Ughhh, but I don't want Jasper happy with anyone except Octavia though. lol