Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2019, 10:49 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
If it’s coming from Jason, that means they started writing and planning s7 as the last to begin with. So at least Jason knew going in that he needs to start wrapping things.
For me that's quite comforting to know that at least we won't have a million unanswered questions. There's still the possibility of it ending in bad ways etc, but at least it will be completed.

I will miss these incredible people, but I'm also very excited to see what they'll do next.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Very bittersweet, but not entirely unexpected. This is quite a long time for a show to last, and I’m just glad everyone knows this will be the last season so that it can (hopefully) end in a satisfactory way. And we’ll get to 100 episodes, so that’s a milestone. I’ll miss having new episodes to look forward to, and even hiatuses to go through. This next hiatus will be our last one. Feels kind of surreal.

I just want more Conageddons even after the show is done, tbh.
ICON
Old 08-04-2019, 11:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

The last Time a Shows ending hat me that hard was in 2012 with my other favourite Show of all Time, One Tree Hill. I will forever be grateful for this Show to give me favourite Characters of Time, favourite Relationsships, Ships, the Incredible Cast and all those Years. It got me trough some very Rough Parts of my Life, basically my whole University Years, because my Master Degree is ending next Year too. I made not online, but also real Life Friends troughout this Show and i will forever be thankful for everything. Glad they know in Advance and im sure the Series Finale will be Epic.

*Icon by Mel
Old 08-04-2019, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

I think for the most part sci-fi shows on the major networks are a thing of the past

I had to experience it myself with Fringe (although it was on Fox and nobody knew if they’d get renewed again
Old 08-04-2019, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Old 08-04-2019, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's pretty wild for a sci-fi show to get this many seasons, it doesn't happen often. Two of my other most favourite shows, Buffy and Gilmore Girls, both lasted for 7 seasons too.

Old 08-04-2019, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

It really is poetic to have the show end on 100 episodes.

Antis have already started celebrating but that’s not a shocker, I’m guessing that it’ll be conveniently forgotten that seven seasons is an incredible milestone for any show to hit and it’s actually on Jason’s terms and request.

I don’t even remember when a show ending hit me this hard ... I’m usually sad, but this is on a whole other level. I haven’t loved a show this much in years though I love and watch other shows, obviously. It’ll just be very bittersweet when it finally all ends because we won’t see the characters ever again and only see the cast in other projects. I really hope that they’ll still do some conventions though, that’ll be nice.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 08-05-2019, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm glad I sort of lost interest in the show because otherwise I would have taken the news harder but I am actually glad its ending. I just dont see where else the show can really go and a I think they did a whole lot in 6 (will be 7) seasons. I think seasons 1-4 will forever by some of my favorite episodes of a tv show. I really really hope that I enjoy seasons 7 and that it being the last means some intense stuff happening.
Old 08-05-2019, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Old 08-05-2019, 08:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Not gonna lie, I’ll miss this show. It’s good that they know in advance and can go out on their own terms, and there’s something satisfying about ending on 100 episodes, certainly.

I wonder though if this is what JR had in mind when he decided to restart on another planet. The whole end of Book One, start of Book 2 thing had me thinking there were more seasons planned. As it is it seems more like Book One on Earth plus a short (well, two season) weird epilogue on a new planet, as opposed to two equal books. I wonder if ratings are driving the decision to end the show or if JR/the writers felt they were running out of ideas or what.

Now that we know the show is ending I wish they had stayed on Earth, not destroyed the whole thing, and ended the show with a glimpse of a livable future for humanity on our own planet. For me the most interesting relationship in the show was not any of the various “ships” (sorry, I hate that expression and can’t bear to type it without the quotes), but rather the connection between humanity and the planet we simultaneously love and fear, care for and destroy. While I’ve enjoyed this season it has lost some emotional resonance for me with the move to Sanctum.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)
Not gonna lie, I’ll miss this show. It’s good that they know in advance and can go out on their own terms, and there’s something satisfying about ending on 100 episodes, certainly.

I wonder though if this is what JR had in mind when he decided to restart on another planet. The whole end of Book One, start of Book 2 thing had me thinking there were more seasons planned. As it is it seems more like Book One on Earth plus a short (well, two season) weird epilogue on a new planet, as opposed to two equal books. I wonder if ratings are driving the decision to end the show or if JR/the writers felt they were running out of ideas or what.

Now that we know the show is ending I wish they had stayed on Earth, not destroyed the whole thing, and ended the show with a glimpse of a livable future for humanity on our own planet. For me the most interesting relationship in the show was not any of the various “ships” (sorry, I hate that expression and can’t bear to type it without the quotes), but rather the connection between humanity and the planet we simultaneously love and fear, care for and destroy. While I’ve enjoyed this season it has lost some emotional resonance for me with the move to Sanctum.
It's a bit strange how Book Two only has two seasons, but I'm guessing the rest of the "chapters" of Book Two will be tied to the potential prequel/whatever Jason has in the works after this. This show and its characters are the real heart and soul of it for me though, and I doubt that I'll watch the potential spinoff which will be revealed once the series finale airs.

I don't think ratings drive the show's renewal much anymore, the CW head loves the show and it sounds like he would have given the show a few more seasons at least (plus, the show does well internationally) but that Jason wanted to end it ... so he honoured that.

Me too, TBH. I like the idea of them rebuilding their world instead of destroying it every single time, and learning to find true peace and happiness ... though I guess that wouldn't make for such an interesting season (from TPTB's perspective) so they had to create a new big bad in the form of the Primes (and bring in Sanctum).

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 08-05-2019, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
Oh, this brings out the emotions a bit more. I’m handling the news okay, because I’m really am not surprised, but still, if Bob and/or Eliza tweet something, then I’ll probably have a little cry.

I don’t really have any interest in a prequel or spinoff.
ICON
Old 08-05-2019, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love Richard's last line there especially. But yeah, I'm going to be more of an emotional wreck when Eliza and Bob tweet their goodbyes.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 08-05-2019, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Is it possible if Jason goes the spinoff route... one or more of The 100 mains star in it?
Old 08-05-2019, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess in theory.
ICON