Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2019, 10:34 AM
Total Fan

Personally, I would prefer not to have every new character be somebody else's love interest. What if Xavier is just a cool guy fighting with Gabriel against the Primes? But seeing as this is a teen show on the CW, I'm probably expecting too much.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:41 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
The banter is the best. Diyoza is not going to coddle Octavia through this. But neither is she blaming her for everything. She's just honest.
I've gotta admit, Diyoza's "So you ate a few people to survive, who cares?" had me laughing so hard I about wet myself. After it being such a Deep, Dark storyline, the way she just brushed it off was perfect.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
Personally, I would prefer not to have every new character be somebody else's love interest. What if Xavier is just a cool guy fighting with Gabriel against the Primes? But seeing as this is a teen show on the CW, I'm probably expecting too much.
Same. I enjoy a good romance but every character doesn't need to be set up with someone else. Especially under these circumstances. To go a bit off topic here, it's one of the things I loved about Hunger Games. Two guys fighting over Katniss and she's all, "WTF? I just wanted to save my sister and now survive this war." Diyoza's like that. And I think after Lincoln Octavia is too. Not saying either is completely closed off to falling in love. But need time to heal from all the insanity that has gone on before can be ready for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
I've gotta admit, Diyoza's "So you ate a few people to survive, who cares?" had me laughing so hard I about wet myself. After it being such a Deep, Dark storyline, the way she just brushed it off was perfect.
For real! This is why Diyoza is so perfect for Octavia right now. She has no prior emotional connection to her but seems to actually care. All while being perfectly blunt. Any character that can embody Cordelia Chase's "I think it. I say it. That's my way." Owns my heart.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:45 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Same. I enjoy a good romance but every character doesn't need to be set up with someone else. Especially under these circumstances. .
I am really worried about Raven-Ryker. After what happened to Shaw, I do not want an other love interest for Raven just for the sake of it. It would be repetitive to pair her up with characters who she has many disagreements with, but later connects on an intellectual level and then they get together. Not the intelligence part is the problem, but that we have seen this before.
But I don't think that Raven would overcome the fact that this guy takes part in a practice that uses people as vessels for immortality.

Quote:
For real! This is why Diyoza is so perfect for Octavia right now. She has no prior emotional connection to her but seems to actually care. All while being perfectly blunt. Any character that can embody Cordelia Chase's "I think it. I say it. That's my way." Owns my heart.
I like how you put it so much. Octavia really needs someone who doesn't have preconceptions about her being either Bloodreina, Skairipa, Girl under the floor, anything, and doesn't want to define her with those terms, but at the same time somehow understand what she's going through. I just appreciate that Diyoza is not the sugarcoating type. They seem to be working well together.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:33 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Same. I enjoy a good romance but every character doesn't need to be set up with someone else. Especially under these circumstances. To go a bit off topic here, it's one of the things I loved about Hunger Games. Two guys fighting over Katniss and she's all, "WTF? I just wanted to save my sister and now survive this war." Diyoza's like that. And I think after Lincoln Octavia is too. Not saying either is completely closed off to falling in love. But need time to heal from all the insanity that has gone on before can be ready for that.
Seriously if there was ever a person on this show who wasn't ready to get involved in a romantic relationship right now, it's Octavia. Lol, could you imagine trying to go on a date with somebody who's been living underground eating little processed cubes of human meat for the last six years? Give her a second to figure herself out.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:31 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Seriously if there was ever a person on this show who wasn't ready to get involved in a romantic relationship right now, it's Octavia. Lol, could you imagine trying to go on a date with somebody who's been living underground eating little processed cubes of human meat for the last six years? Give her a second to figure herself out.
But remember, "So you ate a few people to survive, who cares?"

In all seriousness though, Octavia has been through a ****storm from the moment she was born. So it's nice that she currently has Diyoza who isn't identifying her with any of the past but just who she is now. Once she's figured out who she is now and who she wants to become then perhaps consider finding someone who will accept her for that, as Diyoza is now.
Old 06-16-2019, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)
Wow, it’s so interesting how differently each of us reacts to the show! I think the Octavia/Diyoza storyline is pure gold—I love how the two actors play off of each other, I find the character dynamic so interesting as they’re both on a quest for redemption but are on very different stages of that journey, Xavier seems to me to be an intriguing addition to the mix, and the anomaly/CoG stuff while bonkers is fun and is finally giving us a chance to explore this new world outside of the radiation shield.

I’m always a little sad when the show cuts away from this storyline.
Same! I'm actually totally intrigued by it, and I love the dynamic between these three. I want more I guess people watch the show for different resaons, though.

Quote:

Yup, I'd be fine if Xavier wasn't anyone's love interest Right now I enjoy the dynamic exactly how it is (minus Octavia like, withering away of course). I would happily watch these three pouring weird goo on eachother for a time to come.

Wait, that sounded sexual...

Old 06-16-2019, 07:14 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't want Raven and Ryker to start dating either. Honestly, Raven needs time to heal from Shaw's death and Ryker is not for her.

Anyway, I do agree that I love the Dioyza/Octavia/Xavier dynamic. I hope this Power Squad continues into next season.

Bellamy ❤ Clarke
Old 06-16-2019, 07:31 PM
Total Fan

This might be a harsh question, but does Raven need time to heal from Shaw? It's always hard when somebody dies, but they only knew each other for a few weeks (and half of that time they weren't even sure if they were on the same side or not.)
Old 06-16-2019, 07:40 PM
Passionate Fan

I think Raven needs to heal. Period.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think they were trying to sell Shaven(?) to us as something more than we saw on-screen, in the end. The chemistry was there and the beginnings were great, but then it was rushed and then..done. Yet more heartbreak for Raven.

I’m not sure where they’re going with her and Ryker, but I did enjoy how she did not back down with him and basically ripped him a new one, and he felt it. I think. I wonder if he will eventually help the space folk in some capacity. And sorry, did someone bring up seeing a robot drawing on his wall? Was that here?

Old 06-16-2019, 10:44 PM
Elite Fan

Lisa, I think Selina spotted a drawing of a transformer on the wall

I cannot seem to find the tweet just now

I also have a feeling Ryker will end of helping our peeps
He seems conflicted over the whole body snatching/erasing ppl.

He might not be the only one though. Him honoring his previous hosts is a nice touch, but as Raven says, totally hypocritical unless his current body is his last.

And yes, Raven really doesn't need a new love interest right now but should they decide to make him her bf, I hope this will be less rushed than Shaw!

Same goes for Octavia. Not saying she should remain alone forever (though that would be ok as well of course), but right now, girl's got **** ton of trauma to process...

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 06-17-2019, 05:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacewalker (View Post)
I don't want Raven and Ryker to start dating either. Honestly, Raven needs time to heal from Shaw's death and Ryker is not for her.

Anyway, I do agree that I love the Dioyza/Octavia/Xavier dynamic. I hope this Power Squad continues into next season.
I agree on all counts. Last thing Raven needs is another tragic romance, plus dating a 200+ year-old body-snatching Prime would just be creepy.

And I really hope Diyoza survives the season. I'm worried she won't simply because she's almost TOO awesome: Her combat skills as a trained SEAL are superior to almost everyone (I wonder how she'd stack up against someone like Octavia, not that I want those two to fight!), her tactical planning abilities are far beyond the rest of the gang, and she has military leadership experience.

It was cool that Raven's first thought was to wake Diyoza up when the ship was hijacked, and of course awesome that it took D like 2 seconds flat to come up with and execute a plan, but "let's get Diyoza to fix it" can't always be the solution! I'm worried the writers won't know what to do with her, or how to keep our former delinquents in charge when Diyoza should obviously be the group leader, and they'll opt for killing her off after she has her baby. Which would totally suck.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)
I agree on all counts. Last thing Raven needs is another tragic romance, plus dating a 200+ year-old body-snatching Prime would just be creepy.

And I really hope Diyoza survives the season. I'm worried she won't simply because she's almost TOO awesome: Her combat skills as a trained SEAL are superior to almost everyone (I wonder how she'd stack up against someone like Octavia, not that I want those two to fight!), her tactical planning abilities are far beyond the rest of the gang, and she has military leadership experience.

It was cool that Raven's first thought was to wake Diyoza up when the ship was hijacked, and of course awesome that it took D like 2 seconds flat to come up with and execute a plan, but "let's get Diyoza to fix it" can't always be the solution! I'm worried the writers won't know what to do with her, or how to keep our former delinquents in charge when Diyoza should obviously be the group leader, and they'll opt for killing her off after she has her baby. Which would totally suck.
So that description of Raven possibly "dating a 200+ year-old body-snatching Prime would just be creepy" reminds me of Buffy and Angel. Near 250 year old vampire who was soulless killer for about 150 years but now brooding, guilt ridden souled vampire seeking redemption. Ryker ever whips out a trench coat and I call foul.

As for Diyoza, she better survive. It's not like Kane or Abby have been effective leaders since...I don't know when. Yet writers keep them around.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:15 PM
Total Fan

The Primes definitely have a strong vampire vibe. If any of the characters get together with these creepy murderers, I will be sorely disappointed. Ryker would have to be instrumental in destroying the whole mind drive system or something. And even then, nobody should date him. It would be one of those rare times when "still a better love story than Twilight" would not apply.

I know I just said that I don't think everybody needs a love interest, but if I was going to write a way for Raven to be happy, it would be with Jordan. Not right away, but maybe in a season or two (if the show goes that long.) I've enjoyed their kind of bickering interactions so far and I think they both have the kind of plucky moral fiber that would match well. Jordan is a really good person and Raven deserves to be with a really good person.

I don't think they need Kane and Abby anymore, either. Abby is insane and Jackson should definitely be done with his residency by now. He can take over as the show's doctor.