Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2014, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Long Into an Abyss {2x07} Episode Discussion - Airdate [12-10-14]

2x07 Long Into an Abyss

Abby (Paige Turco) is determined to find a way to protect her people from a coming attack by the Grounders, even if it means heading into unknown territory and leaving some captives behind. A worried Bellamy (Bob Morley) convinces Clarke (Eliza Taylor) to go with him to the drop ship, where he and Octavia (Marie Avgeropoulos) reveal a dangerous secret. Clarke comes up with a bold new plan to stop the Grounders' attack, leading Abby to a desperate decision. Meanwhile, at Mount Weather, Jasper (Devon Bostick) and Monty (Christopher Larkin) begin to question the motives of their new friends, while Dr. Tsing (guest star Rekha Sharma) conducts a deadly experiment to determine how to make use of the captives.

Toni's Recap

Basic Rules:
- Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.

- No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.

- Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.

- Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.

- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by Damocles; 02-12-2017 at 09:44 AM
Old 12-10-2014, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My body is ready

*ETA, howcome FF won't let me post that all in caps? It's much more creepy sounding when that's not written in caps

Old 12-10-2014, 08:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Did Clarke just sacrifice herself for Finn? Ick.

Yes, I know she would have done it for any of her friends, but the fact that it's this particular person.. blah.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:06 PM
Total Fan

In b4 rampant Finn-bashing.

When Dr. Tsing was like "we need to go to the source..." I was like please tell me she's going to start talking about their genes now. And then she was like "bone marrow!" Uuuuurrrrrgggghhhhh. Ionizing radiation is not some antigen that your immune system can filter out, you stupid fake doctor!

Also, I do not enjoy Commander Lexa. Did she say she was called to lead her people? It makes no sense for a teenager to lead a whole tribe of people in battle when there are clearly a ton of older, more experienced warriors hanging around. There better be an amazing backstory to explain this because otherwise it just seems like a gimmick to have a kid leading.

Other than that, I was pretty excited to see the Abby/Jaha standoff and Monty and Miller being awesome. Can't wait for next week. It looks like it's gonna be good!
Old 12-10-2014, 08:07 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticRiver (View Post)
Did Clarke just sacrifice herself for Finn? Ick.

Yes, I know she would have done it for any of her friends, but the fact that it's this particular person.. blah.
I had the exact same reaction, right down to the 'ick'.

This is the perfect moment for Clarke to embrace the whole leader thing and do what's best for the safety of the majority of her people.
Fan Forum Hero

Well, that was definitely more rewarding than last week. I had no emotion at all about Lincoln for some reason, maybe because I didn't believe he would die for some reason? Jason R. was really into promoting kleenex on twitter.

Poor Harper I don't care about the character but felt for her during that horrible procedure.

Lincoln's detox seemed quick.

Not enough Bellamy again, Clarke remains flawless.

Jaha is a bit stressed, Abby was a boss.

Next week I can only hope Finn gets delivered, and nobody gets hero syndrome like Clarke...and actually follows through with it. No Clarke, no Raven, no Bellamy!

Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
In b4 rampant Finn-bashing.
TOO LATE!
Old 12-10-2014, 08:10 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
TOO LATE!
Oh, it hasn't even begun. Knowing how this has been going lately, it's going to get severe.

I thought the stuff with Lincoln was really heartbreaking, if only because Marie Avgeropoulos was amazing.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't WAIT til next week when everyone expects Finn to die...and I still don't think he will?! So much speculation has turned my mind mushy. Also I'm just paranoid in general.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniElky (View Post)
I can't WAIT til next week when everyone expects Finn to die...and I still don't think he will?! So much speculation has turned my mind mushy. Also I'm just paranoid in general.
Spoiler:
Old 12-10-2014, 08:20 PM
New Fan

I really loved how Octavia kept her cool and didn't get hysterical over Lincoln. She accepted the situation gracefully. If this was the hunger games I'd put my money on her making it to the end, lol. She's made inroads with the Grounders by adapting to their way of life, not by forcing hers onto them. Mark of a survivor I think!
Old 12-10-2014, 08:20 PM
Absolute Fan

That was my favorite episode of the season so far. So many intesne moments. I especially loved the Abby vs Jaha scene and the Lexa/Clarke stuff. I even loved the MW storyline, which I'm usually bored with.

Clarke, Abby, Lexa, and Octavia were all amazing.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:03 PM
Master Fan

not bad but come on... it was about as anti-climatic as possible until the end in terms of a cliff hanger. I mean, of course Lincoln wasn't going to die because that was the only way that the grounders weren't going to attack.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLoo (View Post)
I really loved how Octavia kept her cool and didn't get hysterical over Lincoln. She accepted the situation gracefully. If this was the hunger games I'd put my money on her making it to the end, lol. She's made inroads with the Grounders by adapting to their way of life, not by forcing hers onto them. Mark of a survivor I think!
She's strong. I hated her for the first 4-5 episodes of S1.. and now she's my favourite female lead.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:22 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
She's strong. I hated her for the first 4-5 episodes of S1.. and now she's my favourite female lead.
I've been liking her more and more this season. She's grown a lot.