Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-06-2017, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

1. What is your favorite season for this character?
I have to go with season 1. Showing up as - and staying - Octavia's protector He told her he was going to leave, but he didn't. He couldn't leave without her.
This scary Grounder that showed up, who softened up right away with Octavia.

I kinda have to go with this by default, because I really didn't like him as a Reaper. I know Ricky originally wanted to show him being a Reaper more as a violent cannibal drug addict as opposed to the beast they told him to show us. He wanted to recognize Octavia, even in his Reaper state. I don't know how different it would've been then and IF I would've even liked it.
BUT, I did enjoy him in Season 2B, standing up against Lexa. Still protecting Octavia above all.

I can't go with Season 3, whilst I felt it stayed within character, I WAS bummed out that he willingly left Octavia. And whilst I really enjoyed him especially in the first few episodes of Season 3, he just didn't have enough screen time for me to be calling it my favorite.

2. What would be different about the show if they were still around?
Oh gosh, so many things.
Maybe he could've convinced Luna to take the chip? Maybe not
But I would've liked to see Luna & Lincoln interact.
Octavia definitely wouldn't have gone down the dark path that she did. And I'm really wondering how the conclave would've ended up if she hadn't gone down this path.
I really think Lincoln still being alive could have possibly affected some big story lines, because part of those story lines were Octavia being so dark.

3. Where would they most likely have spent the time jump?
Definitely in the bunker with Octavia.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:57 PM
Total Fan

rickywhittleSoooooo apparently I'm your new doctor,Do I have permission to examine you? Excited to join the talented and beautiful @sanaalathan as we shoot @netflix romantic comedy drama (yes I'm using all those genres������) #nappilyeverafter based on Trisha R. Thomas’ 2000 novel. Blessed to be on board a great project that will surprise many and take you on a roller coaster of emotions with Violet. Finally playing British too he fancy and he smiles

Last edited by Jaylina; 09-06-2017 at 02:06 PM
Old 09-06-2017, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh cool! Something of his that I will be able to watch

Thanks Laura
Old 09-06-2017, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Season one. He allowed us to put a face to the grounders. He was so important when it came to humanizing them, yet I still have yet to find one grounder I like even half as much as I liked Lincoln.

2. What would be different about the show if he were still around?

A lot. I think he could have perhaps convinced Luna to take the flame. Imagine if he were around during the conclave. I don't know if he'd be willing to let Octavia fight. I could picture him fighting on behalf of Skaikru (and in her place), actually.

In the bunker, most likely, unless he did something heroic or self-sacrificing, which he's been known to do quite often.
ICON
Old 09-06-2017, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

April, we are quite in sync on our answers here
Old 09-06-2017, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, we are.
ICON
Old 09-06-2017, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You know, I really like how sometimes we're on complete opposites, yet on other stuff we're total in agreement
Old 09-06-2017, 07:26 PM
Supreme Fan

Season 2. It was rough to see him go through addiction but I think the season wrapped in a good place for him and we got to see some of his strength and that his loyalty has really started to shift to skaikru.

I think Octavia's story line might be a bit different. She probably still would have ended up in the conclave but I think the path there might have been very different. And Lincoln would have been a great person to help negotiate between grounders and skaikru over bunker arrangements.

The bunker
Old 09-08-2017, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

PC Discussion Questions:

1. Season 1. I really liked Lincoln from the get-go because you could see instantly that he's a gentle soul and only wanted to see peace between his people and Arkers. He was a revolutionary in his own way.
2. The Luna arc would have been totally different. #bitterAF We would have probably seen a bit of how Luna/Lincoln came to know each other and he would have played an important role in ending ALIE's reign of terror, somehow. Also, clearly Octavia would be different if he was still alive since she was driven by anger/grief ever since he died. In general, he was an important link between Arkers and Grounders and there's truly a gap there now because of his death.
3. Bunker with Octavia.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 09-08-2017, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If Lincoln had remained alive, do you guys think he would have been the one to bridge the gap between the grounders and Skaikru, the way Octavia is now attempting to do?
ICON
Old 09-08-2017, 03:12 PM
Total Fan

he would be an English teacher for grounders

all the grounders do not speak English (besides I am surprised that they understand what Octavia says in the 4x13 because only the warriors speak English
in the 3x04 Abby asks Lincoln to help her at translate what the sick grounders say
Old 09-08-2017, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylina (View Post)
he would be an English teacher for grounders

all the grounders do not speak English (besides I am surprised that they understand what Octavia says in the 4x13 because only the warriors speak English
in the 3x04 Abby asks Lincoln to help her at translate what the sick grounders say
For me it is not logical, that the one grounder girl in prison in S3 could not speak english ... Lincoln said to her "Stay strong ... you are a warrior" or something like that ... so if she is a warrior, why could she not speak english
Old 09-09-2017, 10:01 PM
Supreme Fan

I've always been confused by the language situation of this show
Old 09-10-2017, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Me too, Marie. But generally speaking, my opinion has always been that selected members of the clan (those holding more key positions like healers/warriors etc.) at the very least can speak English while it's mixed among the other clan members.

And Sonja, maybe that girl that Lincoln talked to was a warrior in training and was somehow not taught English just yet. IDK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl under the floor (View Post)
I kinda have to go with this by default, because I really didn't like him as a Reaper. I know Ricky originally wanted to show him being a Reaper more as a violent cannibal drug addict as opposed to the beast they told him to show us. He wanted to recognize Octavia, even in his Reaper state. I don't know how different it would've been then and IF I would've even liked it.
I didn't know that. Did Ricky mention that in an interview?

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 09-10-2017, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just ignore the language aspect of this show, as it's so unrealistic.
ICON