Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2017, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

I knew that Octavia was not dead but my heart BROKE for Bellamy.

Old 02-22-2017, 08:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

How dare you do this to bellamy ??!!

Icon by Sarah

To the Sky King : Bellamy Blake
Old 02-22-2017, 08:04 PM
Total Fan

R I P
Sword of Lincoln
Old 02-22-2017, 08:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylina (View Post)
R I P
Sword of Lincoln
You pay so much attention to details when it comes to Linctavia, I didn't know it was Lincoln's sword.

Icon by Sarah

Old 02-22-2017, 08:08 PM
Elite Fan

Yea, I didn't know that either. *bad fan*

Old 02-22-2017, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelith (View Post)
I knew that Octavia was not dead but my heart BROKE for Bellamy.
Same! That was a heartwrenching scene! And even though I was focused on Bell, did I notice Kane kind of . . . shaking?

Well, after this whole thing . . . I dislike Echo even more than I already did, which is saying something.

I'm going to have LOTS of thoughts on Jaha once I have time to process this episode, just be warned.

Um . . . Helios for Episode MVP? Just sayin'.
ICON
Old 02-22-2017, 08:14 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellfoy (View Post)
You pay so much attention to details when it comes to Linctavia, I didn't know it was Lincoln's sword.
Finn gave it to Octavia in season 1

I love Linctavia so much !!!
Old 02-22-2017, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would not have noticed that detail. Very cool. And sad, now that it's broken.

We got a Lincoln mention in this episode! It's like the writers read my mind. (Or my episode review.)
ICON
Old 02-22-2017, 08:18 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I would not have noticed that detail. Very cool. And sad, now that it's broken.

We got a Lincoln mention in this episode! It's like the writers read my mind. (Or my episode review.)
She will keep forever the tattoo that Lincoln made her on her arm and Helios Even if before he was Anya's horse
Old 02-22-2017, 08:25 PM
Total Fan

That was a pretty great episode, but there were a few moments here and there that I thought were kinda thrown off by corny choices of dialogue and music.

Like the one that stuck out most like a sore thumb to me was that scene where they tell Bellamy about Octavia. It's obviously supposed to be extremely dramatic, but somehow with all the closeups and the lighting and the piano music, it just felt like a soap opera scene and I was taken right out of the moment.

The music when they enter Becca's lab also seemed like the soundtrack to some 80's movie. Was it written by Vangelis or something?

And then some of the dialogue between Raven and Luna (even though that scene was cool overall) was kinda clunky. I can't remember the exact lines, but it just felt like they were trying a little too hard in places. Like the one about how it isn't her blood that makes her who she is, it's her heart? Come on now. That's corny.

But other than that I thought the episode was cool as hell.

I loved seeing Clarke get taken down a few pegs. She really, really deserves it. Especially how not only was she turning into Jaha, she's actually not even as good at being Jaha as Jaha is. He's still a better leader than her and he sucks big league! Should be interesting to see how this develops.

The pranks that happened were awesome. The foam in the face on Clarke in that extremely serious scene was amaaaaaazing!

It was kinda interesting how much they emphasized the regret that Echo and Roan felt at having "killed" Octavia. The face paint obscured it a little, but they made a really big point of showing that Echo did not want that to happen. They wouldn't be doing that if they didn't plan on giving Echo some sort of sympathetic arc as the season progresses.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Helios was Anya's horse? Mind blown.
ICON
Old 02-22-2017, 08:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)

Like the one that stuck out most like a sore thumb to me was that scene where they tell Bellamy about Octavia. It's obviously supposed to be extremely dramatic, but somehow with all the closeups and the lighting and the piano music, it just felt like a soap opera scene and I was taken right out of the moment.

It was kinda interesting how much they emphasized the regret that Echo and Roan felt at having "killed" Octavia. The face paint obscured it a little, but they made a really big point of showing that Echo did not want that to happen. They wouldn't be doing that if they didn't plan on giving Echo some sort of sympathetic arc as the season progresses.
I actually agree with this.

Icon by Sarah

Old 02-22-2017, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)

The music when they enter Becca's lab also seemed like the soundtrack to some 80's movie. Was it written by Vangelis or something?
Right?!?! SERIOUSLY, this music dude has got to take a step back. It's getting ridiculous. Oh, they're in lab >insert doopie doopie computer noises ploop doop doop a doop<

Quote:
Like the one about how it isn't her blood that makes her who she is, it's her heart? Come on now. That's corny.
Yeah that line was eyeroll inducing, but I also found it sweet. It was nice to see Raven not scowling for once!

Here are my useless thoughts:

-Um Helios ftw?! Not only did he make an epic comeback, but the adorable sweet baby was licking Octavia's hand PRECIOUS BABY
-I'm angry about Nyko dying
-I knew Octavia wouldn't die, although it would have been really cool if she did. I like Octavia but that would have been an epic death. I also instantly googled "at what height can you survive a fall into water" and got confusing results so just closed google.
-Bellamy's reaction to Octavia dying was so sad...good acting from Bob, too. My bf was like "wow why is he acting like that, that doesn't even sound like Bellamy". I was like 'UGH THAT'S KIND OF THE POINT WAHHHH'
-that was a really good episode, IMO
-I was dying at Clarke getting foamed - the poor girl.
-also loved when Murphy made the silly comment to Raven about him already being taken.
-Luna is so pretty and cool. I love how she just walks around being broken, she's like a human Tumblr.
-what's up with that lab? That's a big lab!
-Octavia is going to shred Echo's head off later
-I feel like Jaha's idea about the list was actually kind of good - pragmatic but yes, risky. Such a different leadership style than Clarke - it's very interesting.

I forget what else at the moment.

Old 02-22-2017, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry not sorry, but I loved the piano music. I don't know if I have an opinion on the other music.

My favorite line had to be when Murphy said something about how he's never met a line he wouldn't cross.
ICON
Old 02-22-2017, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My issue with the music (and I keep going on about the music) is that it's CONSTANT. We don't need blaring music in every scene. And we don't need music that so obviously matches what's going on.

-something tense? Thudding war drum noises.
-someone died? Piano music.
-walking into a lab? Beeping 80's music.

I don't HATE his music, I just hate how much of it there is and how loud it is. I don't need music constantly telling me what kind of scene I'm watching - I can figure that out by like...watching the actors.

But moving on - it was interesting to see how Echo and Roan DID look bummed out about Octavia/killing Octavia/whatever. They clearly aren't as heartless as they're made out to be...it will be interesting to see what happens with Echo's character the rest of the season.

And damn @ that scenery during the fight scene....BC is so gorgeous

And I still can't get over how adorable Helios was.