Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-08-2015, 05:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Is this a rhetorical question or would you really like my answer to that? Because I have one and am certainly willing to share. But I also feel like we're just not going to see eye to eye on this. I'm all for discussion but don't want to beat a dead horse.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:14 PM
Total Fan

It was a real question.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Well okay then. So first, you mentioned Octavia and Jasper already being angry with Clarke. Not sure if you’re suggesting that they’d be glad she’s gone. Or won’t care she’s gone. Or couldn’t be more angry with her than they already are so leaving and returning is no big deal. Either way, I could easily see them being even angrier for her leaving. After everything she did, all the lives she cost, she decides to just leave? She’s not going to take responsibility for her actions and face everyone? She doesn’t deserve that kind of selfishness after what she did. And I could also see them being angry for her returning. If she was going go she should just stay gone.

I’ve already explained a bit why I think Bellamy could be upset. Though am willing to expound more if you so desire.

I could certainly see Abby being upset. After all they went through Clarke leaves without a goodbye. She may very well understand why Clarke left, but that doesn’t mean it won’t hurt. And while she will be happy to have Clarke back that pain won’t simply be brushed under the rug. The two were still struggling. Abby has been constantly losing Clarke for the last year. That’s not easy. While she continually tries to restore their relationship Clarke alternately rejects her and cries into her arms. That wears on a person.

Raven could be upset. She’s still coping with Finn’s death and Clarke’s part in that. She came to recognize that Clarke did Finn a mercy, but that pain is still real and raw. We already saw her get mad at Clarke in Coup de Grace for seemingly giving up. I could see Raven viewing Clarke's leaving tantamount to that again.

Others of the original 100 could also be upset by what they view as abandonment. Clarke fights tooth and nail to get them out but then can’t face them? Were they not also worth sticking around for?

This is all just speculation - obviously. People may be mad. Or maybe they won’t be. I just see various ways it could go. There are so many possible emotions to be felt by everyone after all that’s happened. I’d like to see the show really explore that. Perhaps I’m reading too much into what some’s reaction to Clarke leaving might be. Honestly, I personally have abandonment issues and so this strikes an emotional chord with me. But I also think it's not as simple as you've been making it out to be.

Do I understand why Clarke left? Yes. Do I believe that other characters do as well? Yes. Do I believe she deserves some selfishness right now? Yes. But that doesn’t absolve her of the emotional repercussions for this choice and the affect it may or may not have on others. I know the show isn't going to really take the time to delve in and do character studies addressing everyone's emotional trauma. That would be depressing as hell and really drag the story down. But there are ways to let it seep through and that I'd like to see.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:24 PM
Total Fan

Yeah, I was saying that Jasper and probably Octavia will be mad at Clarke no matter what she does.

For most of these other characters, I think they would need a real reason to resent Clarke's absence and I don't think a vague sense of abandonment is enough. She's not their mother. They can survive without her if she says she needs to be alone. They know she's just been through a trauma. She explained to Bellamy why she left. I think they're all just going to feel sad and worried for her. I'm sure they'll probably miss her. Bellamy I don't think will be mad. He wasn't mad when she left, so something big would have to change. He's not going to spontaneously decide to get upset way after the fact. About Abby, Jason said that he thinks she would be worried about Clarke but not mad at her. They had a tearful reconciliation after the genocide, so I think Abby understands what Clarke is going through. It's kinda the same deal with Raven. She hugged Clarke before the big battle, so I don't think they're going to have her still be dwelling on stuff that she has apparently forgiven her for already.

So I guess basically what I'm saying is that I think things at Camp Jaha would have to be falling apart disastrously because Clarke left in order for them to get mad at her. Like you said, it would drag the show down if people at Camp Jaha started the season wasting their screentime on being mad at Clarke who isn't even there. I'm tired of Clarke being the center of the universe.

I could see the Grounders kind of freaking out about Clarke, though. Like if Lexa shows up at all, I think she and Clarke would be enemies. And maybe other Grounders who have only heard about her will be scared of her or view her as some kind of super villain.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It would be so unbelievably pathetic if Camp Jaha fell apart because an 18 year old kid wasn't around to help That said, Clarke does get s h i t done. With the help of many others, of course. Without Raven and Monty they'd be SOL.

I would like to see other grounders be scared of her. She's good at putting that serious bizniss look on her face and talking in a commanding, even tone - so she can keep that up I still don't think she'd be any good in battle, though? SHe's only ever used a gun, no swords...right?

Old 05-13-2015, 05:27 PM
Total Fan

You guysssssss.... I'm watching hockey right now, but afterwards we're doing 1x09, right? I'm not so busy right now, so I can actually watch the episode.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:31 AM
Passionate Fan

I wasn't able to watch the episode last night, and I'm not sure when I'll get the chance. My sister's in town. So I'm going to be a bit busy with her and the two year old she brought with her for the next few days.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't watch it last night, I was at the Toronto FC game and then I don't even know what I did when I got home. Should we rain-check it until next week?

Old 05-14-2015, 11:19 AM
Total Fan

I'm cool with rain checking it. I didn't end up watching it last night either. I watched hockey and got really drunk instead.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Excellent! I'm going to get really drunk tonight after my softball game.

Rain-check it is

Old 05-14-2015, 07:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Though the decision has already been made I still wanted to let you ladies know that I am likewise totally fine with rain-checking it. Especially seeing how season 3 won't be till midseason so we have PLENTY of time for this re-watch.

I won't be getting drunk. But I have eaten an absurd amount of icing today. With some cupcakes thrown in. Which weren't fully cooked. So my sister says they're doughy, but cupcakes aren't made with dough. They are made with batter. So shouldn't they be battery?
Old 05-15-2015, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh God Kenni, you just reminded me that I once thought our re-watch would wind up being timed almost perfectly for the start of season 3 Why would I even think S3 would start in October?!

I didn't get too drunk last night. It was very cold outside and my hands were numb, and then I got exhausted from playing my first game since September...I forgot what running around was like!

And yes they should be battery! Was she mistaken? Who made these, your sister? Should she not know that dough doesn't belong in a cupcake?

Old 05-15-2015, 07:11 PM
Total Fan

Shawna just posted this really long explanation of how they came up with Lexa's character and this big glaring plot hole came up again. I mean, surely we've talked about this already, but it's so freaking annoying...

The Grounder Commander is the leader of all 12 clans.

Lexa was the one who brought the 12 clans together into an alliance.

So then she would logically be the first Grounder Commander.

But she was chosen to be the Commander because she's the reincarnation of the Commander.

So who is Lexa the reincarnation of, exactly, if this position didn't exist before she created it?

Old 05-15-2015, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok I actually wondered about that before...the only 'explanation' I can come up with in my own brain is that...she's the commander of a bunch like, bickering tribes? But I mean, why would they have one commander then?

I still don't quite understand the Lexa/Anya thing. I know Anya was the leader of the tree people, and Indra is her second something? But Lexa was her second? I feel like Jason mentioned this a few days ago but I was still confused.
Anyway, Anya didn't look very old at all, so I feel like the previous commander died within the last 20 years at least...are grounder commanders called when they're 10? How old do they have to be?

Anyway, I want an explanation on what you are questioning above, Fuzzy. Did you ask her on Tumblr?

Old 05-15-2015, 07:53 PM
Total Fan

I commented on her post, but that might get ignored.

I think you're right that the only explanation that makes sense is that the previous Commanders had less power and the clans weren't really unified. I don't get what the point of having someone called "the Commander" would be in that situation if there was no alliance. It's dumb.

Indra was never Anya's second. A "second" is like an apprentice. It's not a second-in-command. Jason recently mentioned that Indra hasn't been anyone's second since she was a kid. Lexa was Anya's second and then she became the Commander via reincarnation (or whatever happened) and Anya became the Trikru leader (or she had already been the Trikru leader?) That girl Tris who Clarke tried to save in S1 was Anya's second at one point after Lexa became Commander. I assume Indra was another important warrior in Trikru and when Anya got captured by the Mountain Men, Trikru assumed she had died in the ring of fire like all the other 300 Grounders and Indra got promoted to leader.