Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-08-2015, 11:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
I actually really do want to see her away from "her" people. I'm sick of Clarke being in this same role of always being the person who has to come up with the plan to save everybody. I don't really like Clarke because she only has like one mode: hurry up and save the world. It's getting boring and not relatable. I want to see other sides of her. And not just like a brief flashback or scene where she's playing a drinking game. I want to see her operating in a context where she's doing something other than telling everybody what to do all the time. And I want to see that going on for a while. Like a full arc.
ya i agree.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmidalaEmma
what confuses me is, yes, fans do NOT RUN A SHOW nor are writers obligated to do anything, but, if a huge amount of fans want to see something, why not explore it? This is, after all, a ratings business, as TV is.
On one hand, I want the fans to shut up and just let Jason and co. continue doing what they want to do. It's their show. But after awhile, it does become OUR show too. That doesn't mean hooting and hollering and demanding things, or whining about Jason being the devil is the right thing to do. This show has fairly low ratings, but who's to say that Bellarke would help the ratings at all? If anything, it might turn some people off. We truly never know. And this goes along with our old argument about ratings vs storyline - you can never prove they directly relate to a specific storyline. In the Bellarke example, we just know that some fans got pissy about Bellarke apparently being separated all season and jumped ship, when they barely were. On the other hand, if Bellarke really would help the ratings and make the majority of fans happy, that would be great too and Jason should listen to that. But that can never be proven, nor can it be proven most The 100 fans are Bellarke stans. And at the end of the day, it's Jason's show and story.

And you're right - if they did explore Bellarke, who knows what the fans would find to complain about then!

I wouldn't mind a love interest for Bellamy, a girl to make him happy because he's been through so much and could use someone to brighten up his life a it. I'm a Bellarke fan, but I'd be happy with anyone making him happy. This fictional character, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenni727
I don't want to wait until the midseason finale for Clarke to return to her people. I just see myself not caring too much if she's just out on her own or with people I don't yet know and care about.
Yeah I agree, and this totally depends what they have planned for Clarke. I hope whoever she interacts with, is someone we either care about already, or can grow to care about quickly. I have faith in Jason and co. though!

I DO want to see more facets of Clarke like Fuzzy said, which is what I was trying to get at in the spoiler thread the other day. We don't KNOW her that well. We know her qualities, but know barely anything about the actual girl. This is the case for many characters in this show, since we simply aren't given that much time to explore them too deeply. They aren't put in a variety of life situations, they are put in a variety of life or death situations over and over.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniElk (View Post)
On one hand, I want the fans to shut up and just let Jason and co. continue doing what they want to do. It's their show. But after awhile, it does become OUR show too. That doesn't mean hooting and hollering and demanding things, or whining about Jason being the devil is the right thing to do. This show has fairly low ratings, but who's to say that Bellarke would help the ratings at all? If anything, it might turn some people off. We truly never know. And this goes along with our old argument about ratings vs storyline - you can never prove they directly relate to a specific storyline. In the Bellarke example, we just know that some fans got pissy about Bellarke apparently being separated all season and jumped ship, when they barely were. On the other hand, if Bellarke really would help the ratings and make the majority of fans happy, that would be great too and Jason should listen to that. But that can never be proven, nor can it be proven most The 100 fans are Bellarke stans. And at the end of the day, it's Jason's show and story.

And you're right - if they did explore Bellarke, who knows what the fans would find to complain about then!

I wouldn't mind a love interest for Bellamy, a girl to make him happy because he's been through so much and could use someone to brighten up his life a it. I'm a Bellarke fan, but I'd be happy with anyone making him happy. This fictional character, lol.

good points, all of them. I dont know how Bellarke would influence any ratings, what DOES improve ratings though is general awesomeness of a tv show that and promotion! "awesomeness" (a very scientific term) and improvement in ratings can be brought about through many numerous proven methods. lol. really the only thing i could see this show doing to improve its numbers is more promotion maybe?

I would love a love interest for Bellamy though, but in the end, I could not allow myself to become too attached to this character because she would probably die. really the amount of death in this show is shocking and somewhat discouraging/disheartening. I get that the stakes have to be high (and god dammit they are) but every second actor with a one line role is killed within seconds of introducing him, its become too predictable and kinda annoying at times. Also, there are so many instances where people are just dying like flies so much s that I am shocked any people are still alive!!

this isnt me saying tv should be nice and sweet like it was in the 1950's this is just me voicing an annoyance at the predictable nature of death in this show, and the use of "red shirt extra's" (a term from Star trek which was used because the extra wearing red in the original series would always be the one to die), and also a frustration at the AMOUNT of useless death that is just superfluous at times and somewhat ludicrous.

Last edited by AmidalaEmma; 05-08-2015 at 12:21 PM
Old 05-08-2015, 12:25 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I actually really do want to see her away from "her" people. I'm sick of Clarke being in this same role of always being the person who has to come up with the plan to save everybody. I don't really like Clarke because she only has like one mode: hurry up and save the world. It's getting boring and not relatable. I want to see other sides of her. And not just like a brief flashback or scene where she's playing a drinking game. I want to see her operating in a context where she's doing something other than telling everybody what to do all the time. And I want to see that going on for a while. Like a full arc. Otherwise, all I can see happening for her character is just a constant escalation of hard decisions and violence. Like instead of genocide, she'll do something even worse. Like if she somehow ends up being the one to detonate the warhead. Is it just gonna get worse every season? Or is she going to face a different kind of challenge?
I agree in that I also want to see more sides of Clarke. New challenges and not just the girl ordering everyone around. There's nothing suggesting that can't be explored with her people. In fact, if she can't be that with her own people then wants the point of ever returning? With the end of season two there was a prime opportunity for her to transition to a new role at Camp Jaha. But she left. And what you're suggesting, that she only would come back if her people were in imminent danger thrusts her right back into the same role you want her away from.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Total Fan

That's why I don't want her to come back for a while. I think when she's with "her" people, she feels very responsible for everything that happens to them for some unknown reason. She just decided right off the bat that she knew better than everyone else what should be done in every situation and she's been like that for two seasons now. I think having her in a situation where she's just hanging around Camp Jaha and not being in charge has the potential to be very boring. If she goes somewhere new and ends up in a situation where she isn't the boss of the world anymore, we'll not only get to see a new side of Clarke, but ideally we'd also get to see a new part of this post-apocalyptic world they're building. Kill two birds with one stone. Give her a new storyline and don't bring her back to Camp Jaha until much later when there's some emergency. And by the time she gets back, she will have hopefully gone through some... wait for it... character development so that when she's back with her people, we'll see her behaving in a new way and that will bring some interest back into those interactions.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

AmidalaEmma - agreeing with you again. Promotion is something this show deeply lacks. You can even see it in those promos they release of a bunch of cast members from shows together...the 100 is ignored the most. Why? Who knows. Nobody I know has ever heard of it. I'm not in the US, but still - many people here have Netflix so the only way they'll watch is by simply stumbling upon it there.

Also the marketing department should up their game - the poster and the name of the show tell me nothing. I see teens with dramatic looks on their faces. Like, cool...ok?

Old 05-08-2015, 01:45 PM
Passionate Fan

Fuzzy - I get what you're saying, and I agree somewhat but not completely. Clarke needs to learn how to work with her people opposed to simply taking charge, and to do that she needs to be with her people. She can definitely learn things and develop while out in the world, but that can only take her so far. I don't want or expect her to come back right away, but I also don't want her story away to drag out too long. And to me midseason is too long.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:18 PM
Total Fan

I don't see why Clarke has to be at Camp Jaha to learn how to work with people. As it stands, she doesn't want to be anywhere near them. I want to see a nice, well-written arc that tells the story of how she changes. There has to be a compelling reason for her to change her mind and I think it would be really cheap if it happened quickly. Midseason is probably only going to be 6-8 episodes anyway.

What's the rush to get her back to her people? There aren't very many interactions between Clarke and the other main characters that I'm particularly interested in seeing. It might be cool to see her butting heads with Octavia, or having Jasper be angry with her, but I can wait to see that if it means Clarke spends some time out on her own becoming a character that might actually be relatable and likable.

Also, I think it will be cool to see how the other characters relate to each other when the princess isn't there to make all of their decisions for them. I want to see Bellamy/Kane/Abby. I want to see more Bellamy/Lincoln. I want more Raven/Abby. I want to see Jasper and Octavia's friendship now that so much has changed. I want to see Monty. Just... Monty. Anything to do with Monty.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:09 PM
Passionate Fan

I don't feel that I'm in a rush for Clarke to return. I'm thinking 4-5 episodes. And I've acknowledged that my feelings may change once season three starts. Depending on how her time away goes I may want her to return sooner or later.

And I'm not saying Clarke needs to be with her people in order to learn how to work with people. I'm saying she needs to be with her people in order to learn how to work with her people. See the difference?

I too look forward to seeing other relationships develop sans Clarke. I just want more development for lots of the Sky People. I think this part of why I don't care as much for Clarke spending too much time with new people. Not that I'm not interested in expanding their world and meeting new characters. But I'd prefer more screen time spent developing characters and relationships I'm already invested in and love.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:20 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
And I'm not saying Clarke needs to be with her people in order to learn how to work with people. I'm saying she needs to be with her people in order to learn how to work with her people. See the difference?
I mean... yes, I see the literal difference between those two sentences. I just don't think it's true. I think "working with people" is a skill you learn from being forced to work with lots of different people and it's translatable to different groups. She can learn new skills out in the world and come back eventually and apply them to her relationships at Camp Jaha. I just hope enough has changed between now and then to make that interesting.

I'm actually looking forward to meeting new people. I feel like there's not all that much they can do with the characters if it's just the same relationships over and over again. Like right now, despite all of his John McClane antics, Bellamy's character is nowhere near as interesting as he was in S1. He needs to be given new people to butt heads with. Kane and Abby have basically dead-ended. Something new has to happen.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I don't feel that I'm in a rush for Clarke to return. I'm thinking 4-5 episodes. And I've acknowledged that my feelings may change once season three starts. Depending on how her time away goes I may want her to return sooner or later.

I too look forward to seeing other relationships develop sans Clarke. I just want more development for lots of the Sky People. I think this part of why I don't care as much for Clarke spending too much time with new people. Not that I'm not interested in expanding their world and meeting new characters. But I'd prefer more screen time spent developing characters and relationships I'm already invested in and love.
ya, i agree, so much revolves around clarke but there are, and can be PLENTY mor interesting characters. Honestly, i get so interested in seeing Murphy, or bellamy or raven and wick on my screen.

the others should develop on their own, stand a little without her! Let clarke see that she doesnt have to carry the burden all on her own too, let her see they can thrive without her and maybe she wont feel the need to carry the world on her shoulders.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I mean... yes, I see the literal difference between those two sentences. I just don't think it's true. I think "working with people" is a skill you learn from being forced to work with lots of different people and it's translatable to different groups. She can learn new skills out in the world and come back eventually and apply them to her relationships at Camp Jaha. I just hope enough has changed between now and then to make that interesting.
You're true. The skills Clarke could potentially learn while out on her own can and should definitely affect how she relates to and works with her own people. But ultimately she needs to return in order for that to happen. And increased time away can breed hurt, anger, contempt, etc. It doesn't necessarily have to, but it's a distinct possibility in my mind.

Quote:
I'm actually looking forward to meeting new people. I feel like there's not all that much they can do with the characters if it's just the same relationships over and over again. Like right now, despite all of his John McClane antics, Bellamy's character is nowhere near as interesting as he was in S1. He needs to be given new people to butt heads with. Kane and Abby have basically dead-ended. Something new has to happen.
I'm definitely interested in meeting new people. But I think there is also A LOT to be explored with those we already know. And I want them to find the other Ark stations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmidalaEmma (View Post)
ya, i agree, so much revolves around clarke but there are, and can be PLENTY mor interesting characters. Honestly, i get so interested in seeing Murphy, or bellamy or raven and wick on my screen.

the others should develop on their own, stand a little without her! Let clarke see that she doesnt have to carry the burden all on her own too, let her see they can thrive without her and maybe she wont feel the need to carry the world on her shoulders.
I agree. All of these characters need to be able to stand on their own.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:50 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
You're true. The skills Clarke could potentially learn while out on her own can and should definitely affect how she relates to and works with her own people. But ultimately she needs to return in order for that to happen. And increased time away can breed hurt, anger, contempt, etc. It doesn't necessarily have to, but it's a distinct possibility in my mind.
Of course she'll go back eventually. As much as I would enjoy it if Clarke wandered off and died and we never saw her again, of course she will come back. But I don't see how it would be a problem for her to be gone for a long time. Unless her absence or return causes a specific issue for Camp Jaha, I think they'll just be happy to see that she's okay. And even if for some reason, there is hurt, anger, contempt, etc. why is that bad? That sounds good for the story to me. Stir up some drama! Why not?
Old 05-08-2015, 04:07 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm sure people will be happy she's back and okay. But I think that will be far from the only emotion felt. Not sure why you don't get that some people would be upset by her leaving. Anyway, hurt, anger, contempt, etc. could definitely be good for the story. But it could also bog it down. There needs to be a balance.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:36 PM
Total Fan

Who is going to be upset at her leaving? Jasper? Octavia? They're already mad at her for really good reasons.